460 days on MFP - 109 pounds gone! Pics

Options

Replies

• ishapeme
    ishapeme Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! My mother is currently 240 lbs. She gained the weight after beating breast cancer in 2010. She struggles everyday. Between her breathing, insomia and her knees, she just can't get a break. It's been 1 week since she has starting to go to the gym regularly and there's already a difference. She just biked 9.5 miles yesterday! She has also tstarting making friends at the gym which I hope it encorages her to keep going even if I'm not able to.

I'm really worried about one thing though. I'm not a trainer, much less, I've never been through what she's been through. I have no idea how much she should push herself, what can hurt her.

Can you message me what you did at the gym during those first few months? Just some ideas would help. I'll tell my mom to talk to her doctor about what she's doing.

Thank you once again and you look great!
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! you look great. You have a tremendous heart and showed great dedication.
  • I'm happy for you. This was the motivation that I needed to keep on pushing this morning. Thank you for your inspiration!
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!!!:drinker:
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!! You are an inspiration and one of the many reasons I love the MFP community so much:bigsmile:
  • maddiesmom513
    maddiesmom513 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congrats and thanks for sharing. I needed to see and read your story today :)
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am going to think of you and your before/after pics every time I want to skip the gym. Truly inspiration and uplifting. And by the by, you were super adorable when you were heavier, now you're drop dead sexy to boot!

Oh and to those reading and adding to the comments, DO read her story! It is worth the few minutes...
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing..wow!!! You have really achieved so much!

Can I ask you what kind of earbuds you are wearing in your pic with your running gear? They look like a pair I was checking out yesterday and wanted to know what you thought of them.
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow, totally amazing!! You look great!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and should be sooooo proud!

You look great!!! Good job!! You've shown everyone that you can achieve your goals with determination and good diet!
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, thank you for sharing your story. You look great!
  • rharredo
    Options
    what an inspiration! You should be extremely proud of yourself. great job!
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing!
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and deserve every bit of attention that you'll get :) Congrats!!!!! :happy:
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Amazing! And you sound like a great mom :)
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! You started about where I am today and I would love to be where you are! Truly an inspiration to us all! Thank you for your story and pictures.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You are an absolutely amazing woman. For anyone who says they can't do it should check you out. And you had a spinal chord injuy too. :love: I adore you.

WELL DONE!!!
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing....
  • tcm373
    Options
    WOW. You look absolutely amazing. This is definitely enough inspiration for me today.
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Truly amazing! Such an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!