Do you like your last name

Replies

• I like it, it's very much "me". I'll be keeping it if I marry,
    My parents both changed their name at marriage and have changed again since, so that leaves my brothers and I as the only generation of the name. I think that's kind of cool.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    na i hate it, it's a classic Spanish last name, like from Spain ;P
  • Nighthawk4
    Nighthawk4 Posts: 77 Member
    What is there not to like? It was given to me by my Father, who is now gone.
    I am proud to accept his legacy to me :smile:
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    yes I am very proud of my Scottish heritage :)
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    My last name is Brown.... I can make it work haha :)
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    I actually still have my ex husband's last name and I HATE it.

I l ike my maiden name. It's just such a PITA to change it....lol

HA! I'm just the opposite. It was way easier to just keep it than to change it back to my maiden name, which no one could pronounce anyways.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Love my last name, hate my first name.... so through high school... most everyone called me by last name.....
  • MrMeowGi
    MrMeowGi Posts: 171
    It's always at the end of anything sorted alphabetically, nobody pronounces it correctly, but heck yes, will never change it :)
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    I chose mine myself, so yes, I love it.
  • yes! love it
  • Well this is an interesting topic, I don't nearly get enough opportunities to talk about my last name..
    Lets see, I got both of my parents last names, so together it's awfully long and I can never fit it in the little space areas they give you on any type of forms you have to fill in. So I'm not that much fan of my last name, no.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Yep I just got married so I love my last name!
  • Last name is Truelove. I like it and everybody else likes it and says it's such a neat last name.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    so many ways to go with this, but I think I'll leave it alone and let the thread decide where to take this.

No. My previous last name was Prater. Everyone pronounced it wrong. Now it's Maack, and everyone pronounces it wrong. ugh.
  • m0pp3t
    m0pp3t Posts: 32 Member
    YES! It is 4 letters long and i kept it after marriage :)
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    I love my last name now that I'm older; it's french and very hard to pronounce for people as one of the letters is silent - i love hearing peoples interpretation of what they think it is. Hated it when I was younger as i got teased.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    No it rhymes with perturbing things
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Not soo much, I wish I had my german last name.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    I love it. Because it comes with great pride. I married the amazing man!
    I love this. Me too
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I only wish I had the assets the high dollar financial magazine of the same name has.