• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    It's Bentley.

So DUH hahaha
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I loved my maiden name. It is an unusual last name and no one around where I live has it. Then I got married into one of the most common last names. Big change. But wouldn't change it for anything :)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I hated my maiden name. It's Rayburn. I was always teased in school about my weight and the kids took my last name and mangled it into "Buttburner." It's sooooo funny now that I could get insulted by something so stupid, but when you are 10 years old and chubby, it wasn't so funny. Lol.
  • indisguise
    Options
    I'm indifferent about my last name, but for some reason people always botch the pronunciation - it starts off 'Able' and people always reverse the B and L, pronouncing it 'Albe'. Very few people get it right on the first go. I view this as a sad reflection on our education system.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Yes! My husband gave it to me :)
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hated my maiden name: Fisher. In school they called me Fish Sticks or Fisher Price, and asked if I was related to Amy Fisher. And then no one would ever spell it right. Would even try to stop people from spelling it wrong by saying "It's Fisher, spelled fish with an e-r." They'd throw a damn "c" in anyway.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    No, it means the same as "little" and for some reason people like to an an S to the end.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have strong Irish pride for my last name. And my whole name is perfect. Seriously. I absolutely adore my name. My parents did a very very good job with it. Plus my name means Knight or Warrior. Which is freaking awesome.

LOL! I love my last name so much that I actually did not change it when I got married. My husband's last name is Italian which I usually LOVE all Italian last names but his is horrible. Its very close to testicles or testes. LOL! I told him I couldn't do it and he's completely fine with that. He actually might change his last name to mine because he loves my family. Of course his family doesn't know that... And we are waiting a few more years before we really affirm our decision. I really want a shared last name either way in case we have kids.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Yes, but no one spells it correctly.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    <----Wins this category, easily.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I hated my maiden name, it never felt "mine", f'd up childhood and such.

My married name is a bit odd, and I always have to spell it out, but I love it, it's my children's and my husband's and came with a lovely family.
  • gdogra
    gdogra Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My last name's DOGRA :) All you have to do is knock out the RA at the end :P School was brutal :)
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    love it. it's always MILLER time.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    It is so unique....I tried goodling it...and 0 people in the USA have it....

So i love it...makes it hard for people to find me...
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Yes I Love it because it is my husbands name! I am blessed to have such a wonderful loving husband!

I was thinking the same thing. He's not always as wonderful as he should be :grumble: but he's my husband and I love him! :love:
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't DISLIKE it - my last name is French, there are at least a dozen different spellings, and pronunciations. It's kinda funny how people can get it wrong! One person actually made it sound Italian - hilarious! :laugh:
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's okay -- but it's going away soon (thank goodness). I always hated when people would say, you last name is xxxx and you work in IT. Yes, my current last name is related to my IT job. Luckily, I get to change back to my original name soon, which I didn't mind so much growing up.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Nope.....I kept my ex's after the divorce so the kids wouldn't have too many changes to deal with, plus I figured it would change to something else someday. So, hopefully one day it will change. LOL
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    It's alright, growing up no one seemed to be able to say it right or spell it right. And I was the only one ...still am other than parents in phonebook! ha!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I do like my last name. I got to choose it, so perhaps that is why. Unfortunately, in this part of the country everyone wants to add an "s" to the end of it, as that is a related and more common 'version.' I also like my first name, my dad named me, but getting people to spell it correctly has been an issue my whole life.