• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    With reckless abandon...

or until I'm full. :flowerforyou:
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have two thanksgivings, one Thursday, one Friday (his family & mine)! So I've been saying I'm just going to have fun and eat whatever....but honestly as it gets closer, I'm getting nervous! I'm still going with eating mostly anything I want but I won't be eating any rolls/bread, I'll still have water with dinner, I'm going to cut my portions down. I get full faster now anyway, I'm probably not going to be able to eat a ton, even if I wanted to. And the plan is to work out both mornings so I feel a little better about the calorie intake!

My biggest concern is mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Haha I've got to try to not eat TOO much!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i've found my Thanksgiving dinner intake to be around 2,000 calories. my strategy is that i skip lunch that day, and i exercise a lot before dinner.

on the day preceding and on the day after, i also cut back from my usual intake to make up for it.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am going hog wild and pig crazy!!!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My trainer said it's what you eat from January to Christmas, not Christmas to January that counts.

It may not address Thanksgiving specifically, but the point being that you can celebrate on holidays as long as your overall diet is done well throughout the whole year.

I LOVE THIS!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Nom Nom Nom... with a big swig of wine... repeat.

This!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    This whole week is tricky...but my plan is, relax and have fun. I have been doing good so one day/week won't kill me....I am just going to try and avoid seconds...or maybe thirds!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy veg brunch (low cal; probably a green smoothie)

Go light on the thanksgiving feast....
    Taste dessert (no full desserts....1/4 or less of my favorite bourbon pecan pie; 1/4 or less of pumpkin pie and my husband is making chocolate peanut butter balls....maybe 1/2 of one? or a bite)

I'm actually going to try to log it before I eat it....
  • iFeelBrandNew
    iFeelBrandNew Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am far less concerned about what I'm eating on Thursday and Saturday (which are my two Thanksgiving dinners) than I am about what I'm eating on Friday/Monday and beyond. I now how hard it is for me to splurge for ONE DAY (or in this case two) without it turning into a week or month long binge. I am making specific plans for Friday and Monday and sticking to them.

THIS!!
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    This thread = win. Somebody get me a turkey leg NOW.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Going hiking that morning.

Going to eat whatever I want but not make myself sick, drink LOTS of water. One day is not going to ruin your progress
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It's one day, people!!! :happy:

I'm going to eat whatever I want, however much I want, wash it down with some bourbon and some red wine and enjoy my dessert.
  • tealover09
    tealover09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating like I do every other day now, reasonable. I realize it is only one day, but it is more about the frame of mind for me. The binging and not worrying about what I ate is what got me here. I intend to try to stay within my calorie goal and exercise,just like any other day. For me, this is about being healthy, and shoving every piece of food I can find into my body is not healthy. I also know that if I eat badly I will feel guilty, and physically feel awful. I don't think for me that it is healthy for me to look at it as a day to pig out. I try to look at every day now as a chance to make myself healthier.

Great attitude. Frame of mind is key. For me, I think both, "I'll eat anything, I deserve it." and, "I have no options with my strict diet." are dangerous mindsets. In my experience both treating food as any type of a reward or feeling too constrained to enjoy myself lead to bad decisions that affect my mental state, which in turn affects more than just the one day. My plan is to do the best I can to stay within my calorie goal, and if I want a few things that are reasonably above it, I won't beat myself up over it. I am going to be more careful about how I talk to myself about the food than the exact calories, in order to avoid, "I just lost a pound, I deserve pie." or, "I just lost a pound I am terrified to have anything bad."
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    stuff face
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever the heck I want! 1 day of eating bad didn't make me fat...eating like crap everyday did.

:bigsmile: This person is right
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It's one day, people!!!
    Not when there's leftovers!!

I plan on hitting the elliptical hard and early, then the wine rack.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am going to enjoy all the food, but in moderation, its one meal. I am making a couple of dishes that are lower in calories & a salad to help keep things in check. I will also take a long walk that day to help counter the extra food. Luckily I am going to my parents, so no leftovers.
  • SocWkrBee
    Options
    My strategy you ask? For one week I am not counting calories. And I will eatz all da food. Mmm hmm. Yep. Win.

Yes! All of this. Plus my b-day is on Saturday, so I don't give two flying flips about calories. :drinker:
  • christinet8504
    Options
    The good thing for me is that the feast isn't at my place. Ill go to the food, eat dinner (not all day), eyeball my portions, and get the hell outta there before I blow my current losing streak. I can hang with the fam in line for black Friday shopping. Hopefully being part of the stampede will work off anything I over eat!!
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Balls to the wall. It's Thanksgiving people! :)