Are you guys going to track everything you eat

Options

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm going to track everything. Actually I just finished pre-tracking all of my food for tomorrow.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No. For me tracking would deter from quality time with my family. Just gonna have fun and eat
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I think a free day is okay if you have a handle on your new life style change. However if you think it might send you off the deep end, I would stick to everything in moderation! You can still have that cake, just make it a smaller piece ;)
    This makes far more sense to me than throwing all the rules learned out the window and calling it a "free for all day". That's more of a diet mentality, eating wisely even if it's treats etc., is fine if you can handle it, some can, some can't ... if you've not got the confidence in your choices yet, would make more sense to be careful so you don't throw out all your hard work and have to drop the lbs. all over again!:noway:
    Of course I'm going to track. I ALWAYS track. Even on my birthday, christmas, whenever.
    This! Sounds like you're someone that "lives" the lifestyle, makes good sense. :heart:
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try really hard not to totally obsess about it, but I'll probably do a "best guess"...
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    To not track simply because you want to eat more and call it a "free day", doesn't make much sense??? Why would it be considered a free day? If Holidays are free for all as you say isn't that looking to gain and then get back on track and have to re-lose all that weight all over again?

just because some are not tracking does not mean that they are wanting to eat more. I want to enjoy the day with my family from start to finish. not sit logging everything I put in my mouth. I will not eat like I have in the past, mindlessly stuffing my face, but I will enjoy what is there to be had. and one day is NOT going to cause me to gain back everything I have lost. I was at the gym lifting today and will be there on Thursday. tomorrow It is more important to me to enjoy my day than log...I call it flexibility.
  • Of course I'm going to track. I ALWAYS track. Even on my birthday, christmas, whenever.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Plan to track it all in hopes that it will keep me from eating everything...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything.

It isn't that difficult...consistently tracking for the past 18ish months, I've gotten really good at it.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Why would you not track your food like every other day? Some shared they'd be guesstimating, since it's not made by them, that makes sense, it's all you can really do.

To not track simply because you want to eat more and call it a "free day", doesn't make much sense??? Why would it be considered a free day? If Holidays are free for all as you say isn't that looking to gain and then get back on track and have to re-lose all that weight all over.

I am not gonna track, but nor am I gonna over indulge. I never eat huge horde of food on Thanksgiving da anyway.. We don"t have lavish dishes or deserts. . For me, tracking is time consuming and makes me over worried about perfect numbers. Tomorrow is a day to enjoy my family and not be bothered with the exact percent rage of carbs and proteins. I may gain a pound or two of water /sodium weight, but it will come right back off In a few days. People are more important and tomorrow is about my important people.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Already Done! I will just adjust if I don't eat exactly as planned, but I'm cooking and should be pretty close.

Right now I'm estimated at almost 2600 calories, HALF of which are dessert (one piece each of chocolate pecan and pumpkin pies) .
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    no

^this
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Logging as closely as I can so that I have a realistic idea of what a Thanksgiving feast is comprised of for future reference. Learning the cost of such meals I believe will keep me on track when confronted with such celebrations in the future.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Pft, you're joking right??

No seriously.....right?
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I will log, and estimate as best I can. I will also be working my fanny off today, tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday - to make sure I burn those additional calories this week.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    yes... Because I don't want to do a log start over... I'm trying though.... I bought cool whip free and diet soda so it doesn't look as bad-
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to track everything and i'm also likely going to go over---no biggie it's Thanksgiving :)
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    nope
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no

^this

:heart:
  • Xephyr
    Xephyr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Free day yes, I will probably track it all though.
    It is kind of an addiction weighing all the stuff and entering it in. :-)