Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

@Christine, So sorry things are so hard for you at this time. You always have a way of lookinbg at the postive or working your way back. You are a survivor someone who may get the detours of lif e but you get yorself back on the road. Hang in there and you are right this is a group were we support each other.

Today has been a good day up and able to get the housework done and did Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies Vol 2. I was afraid at first my hurt my knees but I have done it a few times this week and hasn't so far. Looking for other physical activities now its getting colder a bit hard for long walks but the choices must be cheap. I want to join the Y seems like a good value but at this time a little pricey for me. So I dusted off my old dvd.

Food at the beginning of the week was like crazy I was an eating machine but yesterday and today much better.

Welcome to all who are new!

Wishing everyone a good day. To all who have had victories scale and non wonderful cheering with you and to those struggling sending hugs your way. Thank you all for your support as we are on this journey.

Keep logging and drinking your water.

Liz
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Had a great time at the Chihuly exhibit at the Aboretum with friends today, logged over 9000 steps on my Fitbit just for the exhibit. Still trying to figure out the Fitbit, I don't like the fact that its sensitive enough to count extra steps while sitting in a car - so still some things to figure out.

Welcome to all the newlings that have checked in lately.

Plan to just relax the rest of the night, maybe find an old movie to watch. :bigsmile:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,103 Member
    Options
    Just a drive-by to say hello. Congrats to everyone who ran or walked over Thanksgiving. Best wishes to our ladies who've recently had knee surgery. So sorry for the emergency in your family Christine. I hope things settle down and you'll be back on track soon.

Happy for everyone who was able to spend time with loved ones.

Hey, everybody who's been sick, HEAL UP! (Did I scare the bug out of you?) Really, hope you are feeling better soon.

Trying to think of a NSV for this week and I guess the only one that comes to mind right now is that I switched my front door decoration from Thanksgiving theme to Christmas theme. To do that I had to squish through a narrow opening under my basement steps where I keep these things. Hey, I didn't have to squish. There was actually plenty of room. Not monumental but nice.

Take care.....be healthy and enjoy life.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    don't particularly have a NSV this week... maybe the fact that I didn't go further overboard today?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @vickie--that sounds like an NSV to me! :flowerforyou:

@lin--glad you didn't have to squish! I felt that way on my recent plane trip to NOLA--was very comfy in the seat w/ room to spare.

@kelley--glad you enjoyed the exhibit and got in a lot of great walking!

@liz--glad you are back on track with the food--it's a sure sign that we are all making real changes when we can enjoy a holiday that's all about food, and get back on track fairly easily. Pre-MFP I would start eating at Thanksgiving (or maybe even Halloween :blushing: ) and was non-stop until after New Year's. Gee, I wonder why I was obese...:wink:

@christine--sending hugs your way {{{hugs}}}! It makes me angry that your son treated you that way--there is no excuse for a grown man to act so juvenile. I'm glad he called to apologize, but it shouldn't have happened in the 1st place. It sounds like you sister is on the mend, so I hope that trend continues.:flowerforyou:

@karenleona & kaye--glad you ladies are both doing so well after your surgeries. Karen, you made me laugh when you said you would look like an escapee from the senior center. :laugh:

Saturday Success:
    Well, I planned to take gunner for a short walk b/c of the cold, windy weather. However, once we got going the wind didn't seem so bad and once I was all warmed up, I figured I would just make it our regular mile and a half walk. I then spent the afternoon grading and got through more than planned. Still have 17 essays left for tomorrow.

Grading goals:
    32/49 AP essays
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @robin - nice pie trick! I will have to remember that one!
    @skinnyjeanz - great walk in the cold - I'm sure gunner appreciatd it! also, I can't wait until I fit comfortably in an airplane seat! Wonderful NSV!!
    @christine - sorry about all your family trouble - thinking of you and hoping things calm down soon!
    @kaye and karen - super job walking on the new knees!
    @lin - not having to squish sounds pretty fantastic to me!
    @tina - sounds like you're always "super busy" - I'm amazed at your energy!!

I enjoyed a quiet day at home with my dogs. My Saturday success is that I applied for three jobs today - still at it, trying not to be discouraged, and haven't gone much over calories the past few days (within maintenance) despite the holiday, some family drama, and my propensity for emotional eating.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Just a quick drop in. Stopping in on my way to bed. Watching the Football game with DH. He 's excited about the Fighting Irish!

@Lin.that is a great nev. Its proof of your hard work.

@Imackbethl its nice to be able to enjoy those quiet Saturday s . Hope you get good knews with from one.of of those. Job interviews.

Well. I am rready. Really tired
    Good night

Liz
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    NSV: A few days ago I sent a box with a few clothes that I can no longer wear to my sister. I have found a few more things that she can use. The best part is that as a result of my success, 2 of my sisters are challenging each other to follow me down the path to better health. I really hope that they can have success, too.
    Have a great Sunday. I'll be checking in. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • spookytune
    spookytune Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

@kaye - great job walking! Congrats to your daughter. Sounds like she's turned into a great runner. Hope I can do well as her! I have bad knees myself, so I'm taking things slow and trying not to over do it. One step at a time as the saying goes.
    @robin - love the pie trick! That cracked me up! I'll definitely be posting a lot. Been reading over the thread and all of you seem like a wonderful supportive bunch. Looking forward to being part of that.
    @skinnyjeanz - great job on your walk in the cold! Yes, I'm really looking forward to the Disney half marathon. Seen lots of videos on YouTube of it that are so inspiring. Would love feedback from anyone who has done it!
    @christine - sorry your having a rough time. Thinking of you and hope things get better soon!

Looking forward to the start of a new week. Always had a hard time sticking to my weight loss goals. Start out great then something happens and I'd just give up. I am my own worst enemy. So, now I have made the decision to change all of that. If I have a bad day then it's ok and I can just start fresh the next day. No more quitting. Positive thinking only. It's not about just losing weight anymore. I'm fighting to give myself a better life. No more aches and pains, no more sickness. Striving to be the healthiest person I can be. I think knowing I can come here for strength, support and encouragement is going to make all the difference in the world. So, thank you all in advance!

Enjoy your Sunday!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being MIA. I finally got back to the gym and had maintained my weight. Felt good to be back, but I have a terrible blister on my heel that is getting worse and the water shoes made it worse. Some say wear a bandaid, others say not, it is not healing either way.

I am definitely stalled and hope to do something soon to get out of this funk. I have to start shopping and planning my holiday party for the 15th and have several parties to attend so I really need to get moving. Have totally ignored my business and home & only seem to get motivated to work in the yard and it is already getting cool. I tend to isolate myself when I am depressed, so maybe getting around others will help.

I hired someone to help in the yard, but he is undependable and didnt show up yesterday. I tried working on the hill but just couldnt maintain my balance. Instead, I installed some walkways at the top of the hill, almost completed a wall around a bed, did some plantings but got too tired to lug anymore 50 lb bags of dirt up the hill. Yard is looking nice. We got a rhodendrum bush planted in the woodland area, two knockout roses by the fence at the top of the hill and a lovely large rosemary bush in the backyard garden that makes the area smell so good, My grandson is scheduled to get the xmas decorations out today if he gets to feeling better. "He and my great granddaugther were sick Fri and Sat and she cried most of the day Friday. She is better now

On a positive note, I did not overeat on Thanksgiving. I also had a nice long chat with a nephew whom I love dearly but seldom get to see, They are going to make it this year for the party.

Bill and I are spending the first part of the day praying together and giving Thanks for our blessings. We want to focus on the good things in our life

spookytune - Your words seemed like they were coming from me. I wish you well

Kaye - Great news about your sister. That helps when others are on the same journey.
    My sister and I used to regularly exchange clothes

LMacbeth - Good luck on the job search. I used to be in HR and I never turned down anyone who looked me
    in the eye and said " Thanks for interviewing me. I really want this job. Will you hire me" Then again, few
    folks said that

KAH68 - I love Chiluly. We saw his desert exhibit in Phoenix Az and now he has an exhibit in Atlanta. Can't wait to see it.
    Congrats on the steps logged. It takes a while to figure out. I usually miss some steps, (bathing) so I figure it evens out
    You are only 2 lbs from Onederful

Monachris - I am sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you sister continues to get better. Sounds like we have a lot
    in common but you are making progress and I am stalled.

If you have ever listened to a lot of the RAP songs they regularly say demeaning things about Mothers.
    A few years ago, it seemed many songs dinigrated motherhood as did many comedians. I currently am not exposed to Rap music
    and don't watch much TV, but I doubt it has changed much.

My youngest daugher was so rude to me before Thanksgiving that I decided not to attend the annual Thanksgiving dinner.
    I had lunch with my eldest daughter & her husband, who came from out of town, as my husband had to work
    Thanksgiving day. My daugher did apologize but it was rather insincere and I was angry with myself for letting myself
    be insulted and sitting there like a nincompoop and not allowng that. It was two days later when she called that I finally
    told her my feeling were hurt. I further hurt myself by having a mini meltdown Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I spent most of Thanksgiving in a leisurely manner alone until 7Pm when hubby got in, and it really gave me an attitude
    adjustment. I needed some down time. Hubby working this weekend. His company was sold but new company offered him
    some assignments so he did not feel he could turn them down. Since he consults most of his time working is on weekends.
    I had three invites but just didnt want to interact with anyone.

I am proud that he was finally able to work with me on a resume and get it done.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @spookytune -- Welcome! Do you do any fitness work at the moment? Because I'd been doing 30 minutes of cardio (mostly dance, wii games, walking and badminton) each day when I started running on a C25k plan, and I'd have been fine with a 2.5k run/walk after two weeks, mostly walking; you'll be doing almost that in your regular runs. I started C25k in mid-september, and have moved on to a half marathon plan now. I'm still not sure I'll be able to do the half marathon in March but C25k really works to get people running.

@Robin -- well done with that pie! I can't believe how much fun I get now from giving food away.

@Skinnyjeans -- my secret running plan is to check the BBC's 5 day weather forecast and time my runs for when it will be nice. So I've known for days that this morning was due to be sunny, but yesterday was horrid. And it worked out just fine.

@Karenleona -- good luck on your outdoor walk!

@Christine -- My heart goes out to your sister, not being able to afford the meds she needs. And good luck managing your son. I think a lot of kids really take advantage of their mums. I know what that debit card thing is like -- I bought loads of things I *don't really need* in the Amazon Black Friday sale. It would have been ok if I'd bought people's Christmas presents instead.

@Liz -- there's quite a lot of fitness stuff on YouTube which is just about as cheap as it gets! I know that 30 Day Shred is on there for example. I don't know where you are but if you can wrap up warm you can still get those walks in.

@Kelley -- Chihuly is wonderful!

@Katrena -- Good to see you here. I recommend proper blister dressings for your blister -- the brand here is Compeed but I don't know about in the US. They are wonderful, take all the pain away and you can get on with your life. You leave them stuck on till the blister heals right up.

Sunday sharing. Well, I went over to my brother's last night and ate a huge quantity of Thai food and drank a bucket of wine. Really enjoyed myself! That might be the largest single meal I've had since the end of June. Fun though, and it's not like I'm seriously worried about the damage from one meal given all that exercise this week. I then had a rotten tummy ache, which sort of serves me right, and we had to come home by train and tube, so that wasn't any fun! But it doesn't counteract the lovely evening. I was all better this morning, and went for a really beautiful long run, and then had a rest and a coffee, and then walked home. 7 miles in total; 4 run/walk, 3 walk.

-- Alison
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I am down another 3# this week. I have never had the weight come off so fast! I wonder how I am going to react when I start a pound or less a week, which is much more normal. For now, I'm not complaining. I guess my body was just ready to get rid of all that extra bulk.
    Have a great Sunday. I'm going to cook a small turkey today. Because my daughter hosted our dinner, I didn't have any left overs and I am missing them. Since it is my job to come up with most of the meals around here, I think that some turkey meat will be a nice addition to the menus.
    Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE:

1. Carb Challenge - Keep your carbs under 200 gms. day (150 gms day is best)

2. Personal Mileage Challenge - get out those pedometers - Keep daily,weekly and monthly records of steps and miles walked!

____________________________________________________________________________