SHAKEOLOGY does it really work?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people that use it regularly. All are in great shape and one just lost 30+ lbs while using it. Of course, he also completely the Insanity DVDs and took up running.

It is not a magic weight loss or muscle building drink. You still have to do the work. But if you are looking for a nutritionally sound meal replacement drink that is about $4 a meal, it will work for that.

ETA: a guy I work with that lifts weight but doesn't do Beachbody workouts or Shakeology meal replacement told me he loves the recovery drinks. Apparently they have one that tastes just like a creamsickle.

I lost more than 30 pounds just eating a healthy diet and exercising.

Congrats!! I lost 27 doing the exact same thing! But the OP didn't ask about that.
    The OP asked if Shakeology was some kind of magic substance based partly on her friend's experience. Reading comprehension is an art. :-)

No, the OP just asked if Shakeology worked, though I did point out in my reply that it was not "magic". Being able to differentiate one post from another is part of reading comprehension, no?
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There are cheaper products that do its job better. A bag of Sunwarrior warrior blend protein, a Garden of Life prenatal multi and some fish oil capsules does the same but a lot cheaper each month. Eating in a deficit will cause weight loss, not some magic shake from BB.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Chocolate tastes great, Greenberry tastes like vomit but for $4 serving vs $0.75 for whey protein + a multi-vitamin is much easier on the wallet.

That being said, they have a bottom of the bag guarantee so buy yourself a bag and then return the empty bag, FREE SHAKEOLOGY!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I think many people think that Beachbody coaches are biased, but what they need to know is that most Beachbody coaches started out as customers that saw results and decided to share it with others and make a business out of it. It's not a gimmick or a pyramid scheme. These people have seen results and they are sharing it with people that want help. I used to be a Beachbody coach, I no longer use Shakeology, but when I did drink it I LOVED it. It wasn't a weight loss shake for me, but it did keep me healthy and give me energy. It kept me from getting colds and other illnesses and even helped me get my allergies under control. It was a great natural product and I really loved it. I since moved on to Herbalife because I stopped liking the Shakeology formula once they changed it, but I would say if you want to try it go for it. The benefits are really good. I am no longer a coach so you can't call me biased lol.

I think the thing that gets people riled up is that:

1) it's a MLM scheme, while people may start out with the best of intentions $$$ always influences objectivity
    2) almost invariably the "coaches" fail to disclose the fact they're selling the products that they're so glowingly endorsing

one of my facebook friends keeps posting shakeology spam that clutters up my newsfeed. she's one of the coaches. even if i would have considered it, the spamming would turn me off to it completely. i finally blocked her.
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Save. :). Thanks
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    It just sounds like a money making scam to me. Okay, maybe you might get results. But you can get results with just eating healthy and working out. Or if you really want a meal replacement shake try ones they sell in Walmart or your general food store. I drink an Ensure every morning. And people who say its only $4 a day, Thats $120 a month, which could cover a gym membership, plenty of healthy food, and anything else you may need.
    Of course the final decision comes to you about whether or not it is worth it, but just really weigh the pros and cons. I have tons of places I'd much rather spend that kind of money on :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people that use it regularly. All are in great shape and one just lost 30+ lbs while using it. Of course, he also completely the Insanity DVDs and took up running.

It is not a magic weight loss or muscle building drink. You still have to do the work. But if you are looking for a nutritionally sound meal replacement drink that is about $4 a meal, it will work for that.

ETA: a guy I work with that lifts weight but doesn't do Beachbody workouts or Shakeology meal replacement told me he loves the recovery drinks. Apparently they have one that tastes just like a creamsickle.

Congrats!! I lost 27 doing the exact same thing! But the OP didn't ask about that.
    The OP asked if Shakeology was some kind of magic substance based partly on her friend's experience. Reading comprehension is an art. :-)

No, the OP just asked if Shakeology worked, though I did point out in my reply that it was not "magic". Being able to differentiate one post from another is part of reading comprehension, no?
    [/quote]

I was on my phone on a golf course when I responded previously and did get mixed up.

However, the post of MINE that you seemed to take offense to was in response to someone attributing a 30-pound WL to Shakeology. Since I wasn't responding directly to the OP, but merely pointing out that the same can be achieved without Shakeology, there was nothing wrong with what I posted.

But I know you do like to find reasons to argue. :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I was on my phone on a golf course when I responded previously and did get mixed up.

However, the post of MINE that you seemed to take offense to was in response to someone attributing a 30-pound WL to Shakeology. Since I wasn't responding directly to the OP, but merely pointing out that the same can be achieved without Shakeology, there was nothing wrong with what I posted.

But I know you do like to find reasons to argue. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

When did I argue, exactly?
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Just curious I noticed a lot of people are on this product, including some of my friends. Don't want to waste money on something that does not work. Anybody get amazing results with this product??????

Someone asked you earlier what results you're looking for, and I never did see a response. I have been drinking it for about 4 months now. I have come up with recipes that I like, plus it's easy to make in the morning before I head out the door. I was already eating a deficit, so I can't say that Shakeology has contributed or not contributed to my weight loss. The only thing I think I noticed was that it cleared up my skin. I was in a bad car accident almost 5 months ago, and I guess the stress from that just killed my skin. I am still pretty stressed out about everything and the issues from it, but the breakouts stopped. I didn't start drinking Shake-O til about a month after the accident, and by then my face was a mess. To the point where I didn't want to be in public. Probably about 2 weeks after I started drinking it I realized my skin had cleared up. I did not change any of my cleansing products or what I was eating, except for adding the shake. Again, I don't attribute everything to Shakeology but I am not ruling it out either. It is expensive, but I fit it into my budget for a few months to give it a try since I've had so many friends drinking it. To each his or her own.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I think many people think that Beachbody coaches are biased, but what they need to know is that most Beachbody coaches started out as customers that saw results and decided to share it with others and make a business out of it. It's not a gimmick or a pyramid scheme. These people have seen results and they are sharing it with people that want help.

Do you think that a reason some people become "coaches" is to offset the cost of Shakeology?
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think many people think that Beachbody coaches are biased, but what they need to know is that most Beachbody coaches started out as customers that saw results and decided to share it with others and make a business out of it. It's not a gimmick or a pyramid scheme. These people have seen results and they are sharing it with people that want help.

Do you think that a reason some people become "coaches" is to offset the cost of Shakeology?
  • Monisfit4life
    Options

Yes I became a coach to offset the cost of Shakeology and other programs and I also loved my results and wanted to make a business out of recommending these products to people and it worked for me.
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Shakeology gave me the 6 pack ive always wanted... and i didnt even have to exercise!
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Just curious I noticed a lot of people are on this product, including some of my friends. Don't want to waste money on something that does not work. Anybody get amazing results with this product??????

It depends who you ask. If you ask a beachbody coach they will swear by it. Even if it did work my take on it is that it is overpriced>
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    SHAKEOLOGY found my lost slipper that was hidden behind the chaise lounge this whole time. Remarkable.
  • alexvr12
    Options
    I have tried Shakeology, Idealshape, and the various protein powders. I tend to like the flavor of the Shakeology Chocolate and Strawberry. However, I also like the flavor of Idealshape (esp. the vanilla which works well with fruits). And no, I don't think people become coaches to offset the cost of Shakeology - at $4 per meal it is cheaper than McDonalds (and more convenient). Personally, I like to mix my meal replacement up wiith about 1/2 being Shakeology and the other half being a protein powder. And yes, it does work to curb your appetite if you do a little exercise. Losing weight is about 80% diet anyhow (in my opinion - for what it's worth).
  • whitneyberra1987
    whitneyberra1987 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    eat real food
    cheaper, more nutritious

^^^^ AGREED ^^^^^
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    ok not to be little anyone.....but anyone who would spend 120 a month on PROTEIN should stop what theyre doing immediately get in your car and drive as fast as you can to your nearest home depot and buy a screw driver to tighten the loose screws in your head.
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    http://www.naturesbounty.com/optimalsolutions/050875

I use Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Protein+ Vitamin Shake mix, a healthy diet based on the food pyramid (the last version before they went to the plate diagram), and multi-vitamins. Much cheaper. $119 for 1 shake/ day. :)
  • Monisfit4life
    Options
    I've been on it for a few months now. I am a total BeachBody geek. I have multiple programs (Insanity, Asylum, Les Mills Pump among others) That being said, although it is a good meal replacement and offers some outstanding nutrional value, that 119 dollar a month price tag is a lot. I finally had to stop my home shipment and I'm looking for a suitable replacement for my meal replacement. I have some good stuff about "Idealshape" shake formula.. About $34 a month.. I haven't tried it, but I've heard from others that went to it from ShakeO and have liked it.. The 90 dollar a month savings is just icing on the cake. Just like ShakeO, I believe you can ony get IdealShape from the web..

Idealshape has soy in it and that causes issues for a lot of people. Shakeology does not have soy.