Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Monday's checkin:
    I've been too busy lately to really pay attention to posting responses. I've had some issues arise such as Sandy as well as college. Lets just say I haven't been following my goals on weight-loss. I had lost about 17lbs by the middle of my 4th month, I gained back about 5. I'm trying to get back on track as the semester ends out. My plans right now are to get back on track and end out the year with 20lbs gone.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to Nzenczak and Spooky:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving holiday and are ready for the dash towards Christmas. I'm feeling a little better again so hope to put my tree up today. My son put up the outside lights for me. I really need some energy to get my apartment cleaned:frown: oh well I will do what I can. I am happy I lost another half lb so I am continuing the downward trek. Going to try to get 1 walk in today, I am just so tired. I missed my Sunday dinner with son, DIL and grandkids last night due to still being sick. Oh well this to shall pass and I will be renewed in the Lord's strength. Had a wonderful sermon Saturday night by guest speaker, Carl Mandearas (sp) who works with Muslims. He talked about how we are not to have worry, fear and anxiety and how we can over come it by prayer, pondering (thinking about whether it is a real fear, can we change the outcome, etc) and practice (stopping the thoughts when we recognize them). It was very helpful particularly where my youngest son is concerned as he is the one I worry about the most. I am putting him in God's hands and know that I am not to be anxious or worry about Robert. Boy I'm going to have to do lots of practicing on this one! Praying for a wonderful week for everyone with lots of SVs and NSVs! Love you all for being here to support and motivate me!

Christine
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    "In 2011 I quit smoking and hit my highest weight ever. I also started getting serious about my health.

February 6 2012 I had double bypass surgery. I also was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. Then just for fun I had carpal tunnel surgery. I'm also getting my other wrist done on December 19th (2012). My health is a disaster.

A few days ago I hit my highest weight again. Here it is drifting into 2013 and I am exactly where I started this journey. I have been utterly frustrated by my lack of success. Despite this I am going to give it another try. I need to make it work.

Normally, I tell some jokes or say some funny **** (funny to me anyway) in this space but I am really not up to it today.

aug"

Thought I would share with you the changes I made to my profile today. I feel like I owe it to all of you to all of you to explain why I haven't been around much. Truth be told I really don't feel like I have anything of value to add. This is still the very bestest group on MFP.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Aug {{Big hugs to you}}} You most certainly have plenty to add to any group, and I don't just mean your jokes.

I know how discouraging it is, I had tried and failed so many diets before this one stuck and even now I'm suffering my own backslide and feel like I'm hanging on to this weight loss cliff by my fingernails.

I don't know about your main page or what you post but I know that on our thread weight loss or no weight loss, you're a huge part of our group and we all love and miss you.

If you ever want to talk, *****, or whine message me! :)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    "In 2011 I quit smoking and hit my highest weight ever. I also started getting serious about my health.

February 6 2012 I had double bypass surgery. I also was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. Then just for fun I had carpal tunnel surgery. I'm also getting my other wrist done on December 19th (2012). My health is a disaster.

A few days ago I hit my highest weight again. Here it is drifting into 2013 and I am exactly where I started this journey. I have been utterly frustrated by my lack of success. Despite this I am going to give it another try. I need to make it work.

Normally, I tell some jokes or say some funny **** (funny to me anyway) in this space but I am really not up to it today.

aug"

Thought I would share with you the changes I made to my profile today. I feel like I owe it to all of you to all of you to explain why I haven't been around much. Truth be told I really don't feel like I have anything of value to add. This is still the very bestest group on MFP.

Aug- Thanks for sharing your story. Despite the road bumps you have came into during this journey. I know you have the will to do it. Please don't be so hard on yourself over the year I have been in this group you have had plenty of good value things to add. I learned about the importance of scales from you. May God Bless you and remind you of all the great you do to help lift your spirits.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,112 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to Nzenczak and Spooky:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best wishes.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm up a few pounds after not eating very well over the long weekend.
    Today I'm back on track though. Mrs. Morgori is off to Disneyland for the week and I am on my own. I wonder how long it takes to starve to death. lol I guess I'll see how well I can cook.

Have a healthy day!

Tom
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Aug, even just not succeeding and starting again is something profound you can offer this group.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Aug, hanging in here is a major victory. I am praying the Lord gives you the strength you need to surrender up your food. You are here and that is what matters, we need you! God bless you.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Aug- glad to see you back!! You do not need to be funny all the time....just be YOU. One day at a time.

Ended up not using my walker for walking outside.....used my walking poles without any problem. Now one week post knee replacement and ready to get back to the gym.....i am sure my first physio appt in the morning will change that desire!! they told me they are looking forward to torturing me......say what??
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see you back, Augustus the Great! Your mere presence is more than enough - just say it like it is, mon. You don't have to entertain us. As for gaining back weight, heck, I've been up and down so many times, its ridiculous. That's why I need you, coming back like you did. I'm teary-eyed, yes, I am. We can fight this together. Watch those carbs, start the day with protein, I've learned that is so important.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options

aug"

Welcome back, Aug! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You've been missed (not just your jokes... YOU).

Definately understand the rollercoaster - been there. If ya need to vent, head my way...:smile:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Monday check in & such --

So, tried something new and interesting for lunch today... found this soy-protein shake mix (by Nature's Way) on the clearance rack at Sprouts over the weekend, so I picked one up to give it a shot (it's really hard to do a good breakfast & lunch with my schedule sometimes). Anyway, tried it today for lunch (mixed with orange-peach Sunny D) - it really wasn't too bad.

I mean, I've had some really heinous diet drinks/meal replacements before -- this was far better than most. Now, the texture was a little strange (I mixed it the night before), and it was, well GREEN. But other than that, it was rather tasty. Lots of vitamins, too. Best part, is that it was remarkably satisfying... didn't feel hungry all afternoon. Much better than other drinks I've tried.

Pretty cool :happy: ... but I admit there are days that I'm easily amused. :laugh:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,112 Member
    Options
    Aug - while we appreciate your humor we really *like* you! Please don't feel like you have to stay away. I've been a yo-yo all my life with most of my YO at the top of my weight rather than on the low side of the spectrum.

Message me anytime.................

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    *Peeks head into room and waves to everyone*

Monday Check-In:

Wow. It feels really strange realizing that I have been gone for so long. I literally had to go through 2 missed threads to get here. The thought that I've been MIA so long makes me a little sad, but I'm back and I'm going to try to be better about posting. :)

For those of you who didn't know, I was having some life issues going on. There was trouble with the BF and his job, some family stuff, and just basically falling off the wagon. I had a severe bout with depression for reasons unknown to me or the MD, but things are finally calm and I am able to return with a clear head. Today is Day 1 of my return and I will be making an HUGE effort to post daily. Anybody willing to keep me accountable would be great.

While on my hiatus, I managed to gain back a few pounds. Not much, but enough to make me feel bad. However, my disappearance wasn't all bad. I did run my very first 10K and am now signed up for 2 more 5k's that are coming up in December and March. One of them is a Color Run and I am super stoked about getting color bombed! :) My mom, sister, and aunt are all going to do it with me. Can't wait! :)

I'm still behind on the threads and am trying to catch up, so there won't be any personals tonight. I did see that Aug was back and wanted to say a quick HELLO!

I hope everyone had a fabulous day! I will (hopefully) see you all tomorrow!

~ Jana
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Aug~You have been greatly missed! Not your humor, but you. Thank you for sharing your struggles and for coming back - no matter at what capacity. We all struggle from time to time, finding our way back here to this great group of people is what keeps us from straying very far. Hang in there - you CAN do this, we all can!!!

@Jana~We missed you too, glad to see you are overcoming your obstacles. Congrats on finishing your 10k - way to go!!!

Kelley
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @ Susan - I *LOVE* the rules of dieting you posted. I loved them so much I put them on my desktop at home and at work. Here's a link if anyone else is interested.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/krissyburjan/MFP/ScreenShot2012-11-25at62839PM.png
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Nzenczak and Spooky! :flowerforyou:

@jana-congrats on completing the 10K--I'm still a ways away from running 6.2 miles. Hoping to do a 5 mile run in May called the Cinco de Miler.

@aug--I know it feels like you are right back where you started, but that's just not true. You have had all sorts of experiences learning that you CAN live a healthier lifestyle. So even if the scale is back up to your heaviest weight, you are still miles ahead of where you started out! :smile:

@alison--the irony of my sister's "London Feet" is that we had both visited there before (separately) when my younger sis was an exchange student in Manchester. So she knew better, but let her desire to look good override her practicality.

@vicki--I've thought about trying some protein powders for meal replacement, but I'm very picky about texture when it comes to food. Worried I will spend a lot of money on something I just won't like.

@karenleona--Good luck with your physio--let us know how it goes!

@morgori--hope you survive without the Mrs.! Don't let yourself succumb to the lure of that pub for dinner every night! :wink:

@hyza--glad to see you back!

@dawn--good luck getting into your new routine. I'm also struggling to get back into a good exercise pattern. :ohwell:

Sorry if I missed anyone--congrats to all of you who had Thanksgiving week losses! That's just phenomenal!! :drinker:

Monday Check in:
    Well I set up my exercise plan yesterday and fell off track today. My stomach still isn't back to normal from those vitamins last week. :grumble: In addition, the copier in our dept. is being refurbished, so I had to use the copier in another wing of the school. Not a big deal, but it meant I ended up staying after school later than I planned. Adjusting my plan to go to the gym tomorrow instead.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (weight machines and bike or stairmaster) NOT DONE
    Tues--run outside w/ gunner--will walk gunner and hit the gym instead
    Wed--rest day (have a mtg after work and then dinner plans w/ friends)
    Thurs--walk gunner (giving blood)
    Fri--walk gunner + core work
    Sat--run outside w/ gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (weight machines and bike or stairmaster)

I did get some more grading done, so that's at least something.

Grading Goals:
    1. 49/49 AP essays DONE!!!
    2. 9/59 Scarlet Letter tests
    3. x/22 vocab quizzes
    4. x/22 student ads
    5. x/11 Grendel analysis activities
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today I declare this to be my lazy day tomorrow back to work. I enjoyed doing a couple of errands and going to a book store and just relaxed and browse looking ! Fun I don't know when I had been able to do that. Yet I am also looking forward to being back to work. Wish I could do better at balance in my life. Some day I will.

@Aug Welcome back I really enjoy your posts. What matter is you are here.
    @Jana glad to see you are back too. and Congrats on the 10K
    @skinny I always like how you list your weekly exercise plan. So convicting to me.
    @MyMOwMOw-- I really like Susan rules too. I like your idea of copying them and posting them I can look at them as a . .

If I missed anyone I am truly sorry. Congrats to all who have had scale losses I didn't stay the same.

Wishing everyone a good night!

Liz

Monday fitness plan:

I am going to try to put in my
    Richard Simmons Video 4 times this week.
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
    Sunday , Saturday go on walk weather allowing/

On week days I am going to try to do my workout before going to work. I get up at five and leave at 6:45 I should have enough time to get it all done if I stay organized/
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Monday's checkin:
    I've been too busy lately to really pay attention to posting responses. I've had some issues arise such as Sandy as well as college. Lets just say I haven't been following my goals on weight-loss. I had lost about 17lbs by the middle of my 4th month, I gained back about 5. I'm trying to get back on track as the semester ends out. My plans right now are to get back on track and end out the year with 20lbs gone.

Hyzaarc - so glad to see you back! So sorry you had hurdles caused by Sandy - I hope you weren't victimized too much. College takes all your spare time and once interuppted by the "storm of the century" I'm sure the pressure was immense to get back to studying. Don't worry about posting responses. Just post how YOU"RE doing. Not everyone has to post "personals" or post them all the time. Please don't anyone feel obligated to do that. :flowerforyou: