What do you keep your heat set at??

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what I set it to...my wife will come along a few minutes later and change it.

I think ours is programmed to be at 65 while we sleep.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    In the winter time the heat is OFF and we offer animal sacrifices to the gods when the temperature actually goes down.

(Ok, I'm kidding about the latter part.)
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    Believe it or not, we haven't turned ours on yet. From Wisconsin, it's almost unheard of and we have free heat here. lol
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern Maryland.

71 or 72

62 when we're at work (digital programmable thermostat)
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    19 during the day, 16 at night.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    68-69 when at home awake, 65 when sleeping

same
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    We are in southern Ontario, (Niagara Region) and during the day when we are home it is at 21 and then at night it goes down to 17.5. We have a programmable thermostat, so it does it automatically.
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Wow I used to feel wierd for keeping mine low but I see lots of people do. Usually 72 if I'm feeling extra cold for some reason and 70 if I'm not.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I use a Nest thermostat. Love it. I have control over it using my iPhone or from a desktop. 60 when Away. 65 when home. 62 at night.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Mines always so high... like 76-78 :)
    I love it. I HATE being cold. Also we live in base housing, so we dont see the bill. If we did, it might be lower.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    between 65 - 70 there is always someone home as we all work different shifts so its pretty steady.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    lol I have electric heat....the livingroom is set to 60, the kitchen to 50, and the bathrooms at 50. Second room is off and my bedroom is set at 60.

To make up for this, we put plastic on the windows and have room heaters. I can't wait to put in new windows...lol Plastic lasts a day before one of the cats puts a claw through it. *facepalm*

LOL.we put blankets over ours so the cats can climb them.. hey, they gotta have some fun too ya know!

Ours is set at 62 and we use blankets and warmer clothes, but i have COPD and enjoy the cooler temps.. when it gets too warm, i go into horrible coughing fits and it makes it difficult to breathe.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I prefer 68-69. My wife prefers 74-75. We compromise at 72.

Any lower than that and she swears our children will freeze to death.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Comes on at 6 am at about 18, goes off at 8, I turn it on at about 15 if we are in during the day and laundry needs drying. Up again to 18 in the evening for a couple of hours and then off.
    We are in north east scotland
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    75... I get cold easily.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have electric and it works on knobs that say "lo/ medium/ high" so I don't know the exact temp, but here's what I do in my apt....

Off in the dining room unless I really need to go in there
    Off in the bedroom during the day, Lo/Med at night
    Medium-Medium high in living room
    Off or low in kitchen
    Low-Med in bathroom

All rooms besides the LR are off if I leave the house for work or something. If I go away for the night I keep the living room in low just so the pipes don't freeze or anything
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's set at 64 or 65 but I have a heater in my room that I keep set at 68.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    We used to keep it set to 62-64 when we were home and 60 when we were sleeping or at work (programmable thermostats) downstairs and didn't turn the heat on upstairs (electric up there) In deference to the little guy we now keep it set to 66 downstairs when we are up/home and I have the heat on in his room (64) but not ours. When I was pregnant though, if the heat was set above 60 I thought I was going to have heat stroke!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Just had a discussion with my friends about this this past weekend. Mine is set at 70, and my friends keep theirs set 64-68. I felt guilty, so I changed mine to 68 on Saturday, and I made it two whole days and turned it back up to 70 last night. 70 is my sweet spot! My boyfriend knows he is not allowed to touch the thermostat or I will hurt him. I get cold so easily.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    68 normally, 69 or 70 if I'm cold. I hate paying heating bills!