What do you keep your heat set at??

Options

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    It's off most of the time. When I am dressing etc then I set it to 19C and it soon warms up enough to be running around with little on. Otherwise, if I'm cold, I wear something thicker or... you know... what with this being a fitness site, I'll do something relevant like lift weights or do HIIT. And then I'll be wishing I could turn it down colder. :bigsmile:
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    Don't even turn the heat on.

<3 living in Florida.

^this. :-)

^^ This. House does not even have heat.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    65 during the day and evening. Off while sleeping.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    62 at night and when not at home
    68 all other times
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I haven't even turned mine on yet :huh:
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    When I lived in Chicago, I would set the heat at 68 and the air at 72.

Now that I live in Houston (and my blood has thinned), I set both at 75-76. The heat rarely kicks in.

These are the temperatures during the time I'm at home. With a programmable thermostat, I set the night time and daytime (when I'm at work) temperatures higher (when the air is on) and lower (when the heat is on).
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    72, but the winters here in Phoenix area are short and mild compared to when I was in OKC, so the heating costs are not that much of a factor.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm Canadian so Farenheit is what I use, 19 to 21 which is 66.2 to 69.8 Celcius.

Any higher is too warm
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    We live in New England, and our house is heated by a propane-fired hydronic baseboard heating system. Extremely inefficient--wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Our thermostats are set at 60 degrees because when we had it set at 68 degrees our propane bills were $900/month.

It's not too bad, really... We like it to be cooler in the house when we sleep and we have fluffy down comforters anyways. We get up in the morning and take hot showers to get us going, and then we all leave for work/school, so there's no sense in turning the heat up (the only one home is the dog and she wears a fur coat). When we return around 6 pm we're usually in the kitchen for dinner and homework, and cooking heats the kitchen a bit, and then it's off to bed again. We have a wood-burning stove, but we rarely use it because we head to our ski condo on weekends.

When one of us is home sick or working from home, we use a small space heater to warm up the home office.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    68 to keep it warm in the winter and 72 in the summer to keep it cool
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Auto setting is set to 70 max level but won't kick on unless the house gets cooler than 55. Which lately has only happened during the night.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Haven't turned it on yet, but when we do:

Prior to my BF moving in - 70-72
    Now that my BF has moved in - 68 & every ceiling fan in the house on high! (I bundle with socks, sweats & blankets & snuggle ALOT!)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    18.5-19.5 max!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    70 degrees Fahrenheit all year around.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Usually around 76-77. My husband is constantly turning it down, especially the downstairs one when we go up to bed. I get cold very easily, and it's a running battle in our house. I tell him when he stops taking daily 30-minute showers, we'll talk more about energy conservation. We have a wood-pellet stove and propane backup, so the bills aren't too high.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I am always hot. At home, we keep our thermostat set at 65 year round. Work is a different story. I have to wear short sleeves year round and turn the air on (even in the winter) whenever my boss leaves the office because I'm sweating to death.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Living in the Valley of the Sun in Arizona... no heat on yet :) Just now recovering from the a/c bills, :laugh:
  • mannyd1975
    mannyd1975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    69 is the right temp for me
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    50 and i love it
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    We keep the house around 74-75 nowadays, until my husband comes home and cranks it down. Me and the roomie keep the cutoff at at LEAST 71 for him. >:)