So, how about that coffee...

Options

Replies

• jhall585
    Options
    Ain't nothin wrong with some coffee. Obviously, as everyone else has stated, don't go bananas with flavored creamers, sugar, etc etc if you do not have (or want to make) the calorie allowance for it.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What is everyones thoughts about coffee & dieting? You hear so many "Oh, it's bad for you, so much caffine" then, "Oh, it's not that bad, it helps your metabolism". DUde- I get up at 5:15 bevery morning- coffee keeps me alive through the day Lol So how do you drink YOUR coffee and diet at the same time?

Black coffee is fine. I'm just more concerned that you feel you need coffee to make it through the day. Are you sleeping enough? I wake up around 5 a.m. but still get the sleep I need. I used to get up at 4 a.m. and still got the sleep I needed.
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    While I am new to dieting and I don't drink coffee too often, since I gave it up when I was pregnant. I can't for the life of me think that it is detrimental to your health. As long as you keep your numbers in check I would think it would fine.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    If they proved today that drinking coffee makes your brain explode and your body burst into flames and kills puppies and destroys rainforests and makes my mother weep....I'd still drink it.
  • mslynn1007
    Options
    What is everyones thoughts about coffee & dieting? You hear so many "Oh, it's bad for you, so much caffine" then, "Oh, it's not that bad, it helps your metabolism". DUde- I get up at 5:15 bevery morning- coffee keeps me alive through the day Lol So how do you drink YOUR coffee and diet at the same time?

Black coffee is fine. I'm just more concerned that you feel you need coffee to make it through the day. Are you sleeping enough? I wake up around 5 a.m. but still get the sleep I need. I used to get up at 4 a.m. and still got the sleep I needed.

It's not that I need it through the day, but I have to have that one cup in the morning. I work 17 hour days, so sometimes I don't feel like I get that much rest unfortunately.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Coffee with half + half is the best 45 calories of my day.
  • dessyrenae
    Options
    i have pooping problems, so when i have my coffee in the mornings it helps me use the restroom everyday like i need to be. i love coffee in all kinds of ways. coffee is my other half.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I will always drink my coffee. But I did give up all the calorie and sugar filled Starbucks drinks I used to love. But I will brew my own and put one packet of Splenda and a little powdered creamer in it. Hardly any calories. I guess I don't want to feel completely deprived- I've already given up all the unhealthy junk food, sodas, etc. - that I used to love. And deep down I know that deprivation is only going to bring on failure for me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I just don't listen and drink the coffee. Life's too short to worry.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If they proved today that drinking coffee makes your brain explode and your body burst into flames and kills puppies and destroys rainforests and makes my mother weep....I'd still drink it.

hahaha love this!!!!
  • jhall585
    Options
    i have pooping problems, so when i have my coffee in the mornings it helps me use the restroom everyday like i need to be. i love coffee in all kinds of ways. coffee is my other half.

YES
  • scruggsdl
    scruggsdl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coffee makes me poop rainbows.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is very healthy, protects against many serious diseases, like stroke, diabetes, Parkinson's, and Alzhaimer's. Black, it's perfectly fine. If you add stuff to it, count the calories in the stuff you add, and it's still fine.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I start my day with coffee and end it with wine. Not giving up either, even if it means needing to burn more calories.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Oh I LOVE my coffee! But I drink it pretty simple. Usually black or a little bit of creamer. Thats it. bout 20 calories each cup if that.

ENJOY!!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I start my day with coffee and end it with wine. Not giving up either, even if it means needing to burn more calories.

I love you!!!!!!!!!:devil:
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I believe nothing is bad in moderation. I don't drink coffee but I do drink soda and eat fast food as it fits into my calories. It's all about a lifestyle you can live with. If you need your coffee...than just drink it! :)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with creamer - keep it in my daily calories, and gee look at my ticker. Tell me its affected my weight loss negatively. You will have to pry coffee from my cold dead hands, and only then will I stop.
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    I drink at least one venti coffee w/1-2ounces of soy milk a day. Help keeps me alert at work and sometimes helps hinder the cravings.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I get cranky when there's too much blood in my caffeine system

How do I still incorporate it? I put less stuff in it - less syrup, smaller sizes. I drink lattes and cappuccinos. Most of the calories from those are from the milk. So I drink less milk at my meals. I know I would be drinking milk anyway, so I've switched it over to mostly in my cappuccino. I have no plans to give up milk and/or dairy, so I just plan for it.