Starting Jillian michael's 30day shred! Any other bees ?

Options

Replies

• Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just started..lol.. this is actually my before pic that i have up now.. but by the 27th of december i will put up an after pic trying to see how much my body changes before my birthday..
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I was thinking of starting but was worried as I read it was bad for your knees.

worrying is just an excuse :D until and unless you have some serious problemsin your knee's
    you are just 26 ! :D
    people have suggested that one shouldn't rush
    just keep that in mind and start it :)
    do let me know bout day 1
    NO EXCUSES ! :)
    GOOD LUCK

I am deciding between Jillian and Tracy Anderson - not sure which yet!

The comments I read said that it could do damage to your knee!
  • GLady1980
    GLady1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do this at home and its a good workout....good luck :)
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first day! It made me feel like i was soo out of shape lol, The only part I didnt like was the push-ups, I am really no good at them :blushing:

Good Luck to everyone! I hope I can stick with it

I m sure you ll stick to it no matter how hard it gets
    we all are here to motivate u :)

Thank you! Thats why I love MFP :flowerforyou:
  • HDimple
    Options
    Just started..lol.. this is actually my before pic that i have up now.. but by the 27th of december i will put up an after pic trying to see how much my body changes before my birthday..

:) you look amazing
    and after 30days oh god you ll look so fit and gorgeous :) keep it up
  • HDimple
    Options
    I was thinking of starting but was worried as I read it was bad for your knees.

worrying is just an excuse :D until and unless you have some serious problemsin your knee's
    you are just 26 ! :D
    people have suggested that one shouldn't rush
    just keep that in mind and start it :)
    do let me know bout day 1
    NO EXCUSES ! :)
    GOOD LUCK

I am deciding between Jillian and Tracy Anderson - not sure which yet!

The comments I read said that it could do damage to your knee!

I haven't heard bout Tracy
    but now its your call
    all I would say is Don wait for so long :)
    and decide get up and get started :)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    You don't have to buy it. You can download them from YouTube for free!

I started yesterday and I'll tell ya, I sure am feeling it in my glutes and legs today!
    [/quote]

Wish I had known this yesterday:ohwell: at least i can take the vidoes i bought to work or on vacation.:happy:
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    i had great success with 30 day shred.

check out my results on my blog

caixgettingskinny.blogspot.com

I saw your blog yesterday...it was what decided me on getting the video myself!! :laugh:
  • Lani1976
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 with 4kg weights (8.8pounds?). I am used to 5x 1 hour workouts at the gym with heaps of cardio and this workout was making me FEEL IT! The day after I first did it... I felt like everything was sore :)

It's so quick and so effective!! I mean I drag myself out of bed to do it and before I know it i'm through section 1... thats a third of the way! I couldn't do the full time of modified push ups when I started and now I can and it's only day 5... and I hope to move to the proper ones soon! (Yes i took before pix - as yuk as they are LOL)

I'm doing this in addition to my 5 weekly gym workouts... so on my rest day I just Shred.

I've promised myself 30 days no breaks... and when I finish level 3 I wanna go back and do level 1 and see how easy it seems hahaha

Also I have hashi's and have some really hypo days so on those days just getting out of bed is an acomplishment but I still push myself and do it so any other hashis/hypos pushing themselves through this... stick with it... we can do it :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    DONE WITH DAY 1
    i am actualy more excited bout day 2.........
    wohhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    my thighs are actually shaking :P
    and m panting
    i used 2lbs weight
    ok 1 question what should one prefer doing it without fan or its ok with fan??????
  • HDimple
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 with 4kg weights (8.8pounds?). I am used to 5x 1 hour workouts at the gym with heaps of cardio and this workout was making me FEEL IT! The day after I first did it... I felt like everything was sore :)

It's so quick and so effective!! I mean I drag myself out of bed to do it and before I know it i'm through section 1... thats a third of the way! I couldn't do the full time of modified push ups when I started and now I can and it's only day 5... and I hope to move to the proper ones soon! (Yes i took before pix - as yuk as they are LOL)

I'm doing this in addition to my 5 weekly gym workouts... so on my rest day I just Shred.

I've promised myself 30 days no breaks... and when I finish level 3 I wanna go back and do level 1 and see how easy it seems hahaha

Also I have hashi's and have some really hypo days so on those days just getting out of bed is an acomplishment but I still push myself and do it so any other hashis/hypos pushing themselves through this... stick with it... we can do it :)

thats really great :) 4kg weight ohhh m jealous :PP
    keep it up and we do want to see ur before and after pics :)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. Getting ready to do day 3 of Level 1 tonight :)
  • HDimple
    Options
    I just started on Monday. Getting ready to do day 3 of Level 1 tonight :)

oh wow thats great :)
    keep it up
    and we want your before and after pics plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started my second round of 30DS. I did it back in March and LOVED it and LOVED the results. Thought I would crank it up again to get my body a bit more toned.

Good Luck!
  • HDimple
    Options
    Yesterday I started my second round of 30DS. I did it back in March and LOVED it and LOVED the results. Thought I would crank it up again to get my body a bit more toned.

Good Luck!

keep it up honey :)
    keep us informed
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Today was D2 L1, It was easier today than yesterday. I find that i actually LIKE Jillian's style, her personality and mine a quite similar and the way her body looks really motivates me, Her body is my gaol. So far I really like this workout. Using 10lb weights for everything except the lat raises with side lunge, using 5 lbs for those.
  • ChelseyDAdams
    Options
    I did 30DS for a couple months this summer and really enjoyed it. (Then I, unfortunately got lazy for a couple months when work got hectic) Now, I rotate between a lot of different programs.

Here’s what I’d say to expect. Your first day, because you haven’t done any exercise for a while, it will be tough. Don’t quite! Get to the end. Each day, push yourself harder. Ironically I find level 2 harder than level 3 because plank is a pain for me and you do a LOT of plank and plank cardio in level 2.

The other workouts I like by her are her “Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism” – excellent 45 minute intense cardio – “No More Trouble Zones” – the title says it all! – and “Ripped in 30” – a lot like 30DS but more exercises, a little shorter on the combo moves and has 4 levels. However, I do have to make the disclaimer on that one that they majorly “sexed” her up and tried to make her extra “tough.” So she is wearing a buttload of makeup (come one!) and just seems really fake. Lol. I have to put her on mute on that one, which is too bad cause I like her.

I don’t do this everyday, but usually add to other workouts or do two levels in a row in addition to a 45 minute run. Your endurance definitely builds as you workout! I would recommend getting in a 30 minute speed walk as 20 minutes isn’t very long of a workout, even with high intensity. I also do P90X, TurboFire, Insanity (along with those several Jillian discs) and I love the variety and the intensity of workouts. Today I did P90X followed by TurboFire abs and will do a run with the dogs tonight! Tomorrow – level 1 and 2 of 30DS!

You can do it and soon it will just be a “part” of your full program! Your body will thank you and your endurance will increase dramatically by forcing it to keep high intensity and constant movement! Push harder every day! (Sorry, too long of a post! Oh well..)

SHRED IT!!! :)
  • elorawood
    elorawood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning this! I looked it up and it seems to be amazing! I will try this as well.

Good luck & lots of fun to everyone!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 4 of Level 2. It's becoming somewhat easier with each new session. I'm slowly adding in more advanced moves to test out the knees. I was able to do the plank jacks with no problems :) My knees still hurt every time after the workout but it fades. Rest tomorrow, YES.
  • AndreaL0918
    AndreaL0918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just finished L3/ D4, definitely work your way through each level it, it gets easier! Level 2 was the hardest for me for some reason and it took til day 6 or 7 before it got easier but it did.:happy: I've enjoyed it and have lost inches! I'm incorporating P90X for the month of Dec just because Christmas food is coming! I know I'll eat and I won't forfeit my Holiday foods!!