Tattoos making me feel better about my body

Options
I guess because its something to distract me and others from my fat and stretchmarks. I now officially have four. I got two in the last 3 days. Getting another for christmas. I really do looove tattoos, so I don't think i'll regret them. Maybe when im old but then again, maybe not. Do you have any? Do they make you feel better?

Replies

• TCoop24
    Options
    Shouldnt get a Tatt to make yourself feel better. I have one that has meaning to it, but at the same time it does make you feel a little better.
  • ShayLune
    ShayLune Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have four as well, and yes they make me feel better. All of mine have specific meanings that I use as reminders in life. Nothing wrong with tattoos, just make sure you put thought into what you are getting.. and going to a good place.
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am slowly working on a hlaf sleeve, and I also have a back piece and wedding ring. They make me feel good because of their deeper meaning for me and the fact that I am tough enough to make it through the hours of pain it took to get them
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love mine, especially my quarter sleeve that some day will be a full sleeve. BUT they also motivate me to get my body back into great shape so I have a nice canvas for my ink. ;)
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it! It's on my back and it has a meaning, that's why I did it - to remind me of something. I don't think I will regert it :)
  • uidape1
    Options
    I think tattoos make a women look awful. I'd rather see stretch marks any day.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I only have the one at the moment, a little Koi with Japanese on my right arm :smile: I love tattoos! I personally would only get a tattoo with meaning, but have nothing against people who get something they're simply interested in. I'm looking to get a Japanese half sleeve when I reach my goal, but trying to figure out how I can incorporate meaning into it.

As the saying goes, YOLO! :drinker:
    *shudders* :laugh:
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i do :) if it werent for the tattoo, id prob dislike my body more

tattoo.jpg?w=252&h=396

explanation of tatt here: http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/tattoo-meaning-explained/
  • maddieprice87
    maddieprice87 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

That's an awfully dated and SEXIST opinion! Outnumbered too considering the other responses!

As a woman with tattoos I can most definitely say I do not look awful. Nor do any of the ladies who have posted photos. Badly done tattoos look awful, period, regardless of the gender of the wearer.

You clearly don't look too fantastic yourself considering you don't even have an avatar- people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
  • nachoheeledge
    Options
    I love mine, they do make you feel more confident about yourself some how.

All of mine have meaning behind them to remind me of various stages in my life.

I have a 3/4 sleeve on my left arm which goes over my shoulder and onto my back a bit. Then a large celtic knot work piece with a welsh dragon in the middle on my right.

Love them and want more, just wish there were a little cheaper lol
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have 7. Three of them I got when I was young and I'm hoping to cover them up or have them redone at some point. The newer ones all have a special meaning to me, and I'll love even when I'mold and wrinkly. I think that's the key. The ones I'm not happy with are pretty much flash art off the wall, that I'm embarrassed I even have now. :grumble:
  • Tinytaru
    Tinytaru Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos so far (more to come ;) ) 4 of them with a meaning behind them
    I'm saving for a new one now that I will get once I reach my goal weight (it will be a phoenix)

[old skin even looks bad w/o tats]
  • BigH80
    BigH80 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

That's an awfully dated and SEXIST opinion! Outnumbered too considering the other responses!

As a woman with tattoos I can most definitely say I do not look awful. Nor do any of the ladies who have posted photos. Badly done tattoos look awful, period, regardless of the gender of the wearer.

You clearly don't look too fantastic yourself considering you don't even have an avatar- people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think women with tattoos are just as beautiful as women without. I personally am usually more attracted to women with tattoos. There's so much more to a person than their skin and what's on it or not.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I personally have never seen a tattoo that I thought looked good and some are down right hideous.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i have 4 tattoos i love all of them, they each mean something to me! but i do feel better with them! just had a big-ish one on the inside of my forarm i love it soooo much! had it done monday just gone i put the pic on my profile xxx
  • TighteningStrings
    Options
    Yes, I love tattoos. I have one on my left leg that takes up most of the side of my calf. Its a butterfly and a cherry blossom, and is beautiful (in my opinion). I also have an Irish rune on my ring finger to symbolise my husband. I'm planning a shoulder tattoo for when I get to my 40kgs lost mark, but after that I will have to wait until I'm at goal and see if I need any reconstructive surgery before going ahead with a spine/hip one I've planned. I'd hate to have beautiful ink sliced into and warped during surgery.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    i do :) if it werent for the tattoo, id prob dislike my body more

tattoo.jpg?w=252&h=396

explanation of tatt here: http://bluemorpho1247.wordpress.com/tattoo-meaning-explained/

Beautiful!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love mine and plan to get more :happy:
  • ShayLune
    ShayLune Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here are the four of mine:

http://i46.tinypic.com/8we51j.jpg

Sorry for the url, I could not figure out the photo code for some reason. >.<
  • FightingGenetics
    FightingGenetics Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My tattoo makes me want to stay in shape so I can show it proudly.