Avocado??

Options

Replies

• Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My favourite is eat it cold stuffed with crab mixed with a little mayo and seasonings. Yum! Now I am hungry. =(
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump :wink:
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have a sensitive stomach so I don't put ANYTHING on it.....just halve it, take out the stone...and eat with a spoon....BOTH HALVES....if it comes with anything I order at a restaurant...I inhale it first....when I lived in California, and was going to college, there was an orchard on campus that I was welcomed to come in anytime I wanted and collect all I wanted...I would fill a bag about the size of a 5 gal bucket, and eat them all week long....I DID NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT EITHER!!!!! I did not put anything on them (mayo, etc, which is high calorie)...OH, and I only weighed about 130 then....
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    This is one of my faves:

CIMG1873.JPG

Toasted english muffin
    Spinach
    Tomato
    Poached egg
    Avocado
    Salsa
    Feta Cheese

Also, boiled egg and avocado salad is delicious too!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like mine on my BLT's instead of mayo. So yummy...

Oh, and on burgers.... SO good on burgers.
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    I LOVE tilapia tacos on corn tortillas with guacamole, louisiana sauce, and cabbage. I don't chunk my tilapia though. I grill it with spicy steak seasoning, cut it in half lengthwise and put half a tilapia steak on each taco. YUMMY! Sometimes I even spread some laughing cow cheese on the bottom before everything else.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    *mouth waters* bump for sure :)
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    so many excellent ideas here. I like them on BLT's and also when I make fresh salsa I like to cut it up and have with that. I have put it in store bought fresh salsa also. I recently tried them plain right out of shell with salt yummmmy! still have to try the smoothie and chocolate pudding idea for sure.
  • windyleal
    Options
    I like to take fresh mozzarella, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, fresh basil OR cilantro and a little olive oil and garlic salt. Occasionally I add finely chopped cucumbers but they have been a little bitter this season. Mix it up and enjoy!
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    This is one of my faves:

CIMG1873.JPG

Toasted english muffin
    Spinach
    Tomato
    Poached egg
    Avocado
    Salsa
    Feta Cheese

Also, boiled egg and avocado salad is delicious too!

Sounds like you could really mix up the proteins and cheese components on this one for lots of options. Sounds fantastic!
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ON EVERYTHING! Or just eat it with a spoon, with a squeeze of lime.

One of my favorites is on my fish tacos though. I sautee tilapia fillets in a non stick skillet, and then add some grated sharp cheddar, and some hot sauce, and break up the fish into a gooey chunky yummy mess. Pop it into a warmed mini tortilla, and top it with what is basically a simplified guacamole - diced avocado, diced tomato, diced red onion, lime juice, cilantro. It's fast, it's real food, it has protein, it has veggies, and you can do whole wheat tortillas to make it even healthier!

This sound good. I'm going to try this next week!!
  • shedder3000
    Options
    Avocados are my favourite! I like to have it with spelt toast, a boiled egg and cracked pepper when I'm after a substantial breakfast. Otherwise, it's a great addition to salads and sandwiches (as an alternative to butter).
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    avocadobump!
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    Those Wholly Guacamole 100-calorie packs are awesome. I tried them on a BLT a while bac - so good.

My favorite way to use it though is in a salad. I use a cup or so of frozen corn, either roasted in the oven, fried a bit in a skillet, or just warmed. Add a cubed avocado, half a lime, a bit of salt and pepper, and cilantro (optional). I'm picky about my avocados though and only buy them if I can find really good ones.
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Tuna fish...it's quite good!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    on a taco salad...

:O I was always wondering what I could replace mayo with in tuna salad. Tried avocado based on this post and it was doooooope! Highly recommended.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Blend it with some cocoa and honey, becomes chocolate pudding!

Holy crap! I will have to try this!
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    I love avocado since it goes with just about anything and is a great source of "good" fat (which I am focusing on upping right now).

In the morning about 30 minutes before I head to the gym I eat half an avocado with some berries and/or fruit. Yum!
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. =)