Older members?

Options

Replies

• jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I am 49 and I've been on this site for a while. I like the way that you can track your progress, calculate calories and generally see how you are doing.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I am 52, been a member since 05/2012, and have successfully lost 30+ pounds, and am in the maintenance phase. Feel free to add me for support. You CAN do this!!!!
  • cloh72
    cloh72 Posts: 38
    Options
    The end of the month I will be 58 years young. I am trying to get better with logging on and wanting to get this weight off. I would love to have your support and i will support also. This is a great site and many dedicated people on here that will cheer you along.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 60 and log in every day.I offer support and friendship on your lifestyle change. Good luck!
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 62 and can definitely relate. I sent you a friend request! And to anyone else here on this thread ..feel free to add me!
  • Aichalog
    Options
    That's me too. Just turned 50 in April. Would love to be friends with someone my own age. Friend me please!:flowerforyou:
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh I agree with that, lol. I could only hope to look as good as some of those young ones look who are convinced they are "fat".
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am 51, I will be 52 in a couple of weeks. There are lots of us on here.

I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, today is day 6, level 1. I joined a group that started on November 26th, all were in their late 20's and early 30's. I seem to be the only one still posting my progress. lol
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Anyone who needs some encouragement can feel free to add me. I am 64 and have been at this 286 days with moderate success.
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 54 and just joined right before Thanksgiving. You know 50 is the new 30, right? :smile:

Feel free to add me. The more friends cheering each other on, the better! Welcome and lets flaunt that 50 thing! :happy:

Blessings,
    Nancy
  • barbarakohl
    Options
    Okay youngsters. I'm 71 and I just joined this week. It was my 55 year old doctor who got me hooked! I lost 2 lbs and then gained 1 back staying within my calories, but I'm not discouraged yet. By this time in life I know my body and it just doesn't like giving up the weight. So I'm staying strong, but I will be happy for support.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm another MFP Baby Boomer; 56 years old. With the help of MFP I'm just about at my goal weight. No more yo-yoing; those pounds are staying off! The support from my MFP friends (young and old) has been so helpful; anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and have been actively using MFP for 2 months, I started with a juice fast for 3days and have managed to stay off of coffee since then. I was eating 1200 calories a day and losing steadily. However I missed food so much. I gradually started exercising and can eat 1500- 1800 calories a day now if I walk over 10000 steps. It is difficult to lose weight after 50. It seems like menopause made my metabolism shut off!
    I just started the couch to 5k on Monday and I completed week one. Tomorrow I start week 2.
  • Susie0307
    Susie0307 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in March...I didn't know I was an older member, but by clicking on this forum, I guess I am! :tongue:
    Wishing everyone success thru the holiday season!
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Donna and I am 62 years old - lost 55 lbs. before joining mfp in October but just started logging on. I'm maintaining now until January when I will be going full tilt into losing another 25 - 30 lbs. I wish we had these communities when we were younger! I have found in this journey that I am more aware and careful now of what I put in my mouth. Never too late to learn I guess! I am also looking for support as I have a difficult time with exercise due to injuries to my legs in the past. However, I am starting upper body strengthening and yoga and some legwork. I look forward to celebrating everyone's progress!!
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    We've got a great group of ladies here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

Join us! Happy to be friended, too. ;c)
  • lovemygrans
    lovemygrans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I had decided not to have any friends. But after reading the message board on older members, I decided I need to communicate with seasoned members like me. I have been on mfp since November 2012 and I am 64 and happy that I have lived to enjoy my senior years. I have lost 4 lbs. and love this site. Add me as a friend.
  • A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I will be 47 in about a month. Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 last July.... I joined MFP last spring but only really got serious about it a month and a half ago. This is my second weight loss journey.... I lost 67 pounds 5 years ago, but after moving in with my (relatively) new husband 2 years ago, I regained 17 pounds. I've lost 13 so far of that 17 and hope to reach and hopefully exceed my goal before my hip replacement in January. Being overweight didn't cause my hip to go... it had been coming on for literally decades... but it wasn't helping! I am seeing LOTS of older women on MFP! The support from all ages is so inspiring! Feel free to add me!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Older than dirt here. (I will be 66 this month and I love this site). Would love some new friends. This site has been a life save for me.