How many pull-ups/chin-ups can you do at once?

Options
I'm struggling with being able to do more than 8 consecutive pull-ups at once. Anyone else struggle with pull-ups? How many can you do at once?

Replies

• Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    So, nobody can do a pull-up? LOL!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Heh, I can do one, but not 8. 8 is pretty good if you're going to a dead-hang. Most people can't do a single one! I think at best I could do six, but I'm currently being lazy.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Right now over hand grip, probably 12-13.

When I was in my prime my best was 24.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I can do 8 close grip chin ups and 5 wide grip pull ups. Need to keep working on them.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I can kippling till the cows come home
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the most i've done was 16 pull-ups in a row, most from a dead hang, that last few with kipping.

i have a goal of reaching 21.
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My new years resolution is to do 10 pull-ups next year haha. I can do 1/2 of one.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Not really sure, I use a weight belt and weights to make sure I can't do more than 6-8 at a time.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    None Yet!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Not really sure, I use a weight belt and weights to make sure I can't do more than 6-8 at a time.

the most i've done with 45 lbs on my weight belt is 3 in a row. aiming for 10 with that weight.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    none

BUT I can do 4 sets up 11 jump pull ups before I cant pick up my arms anymore.

0 is like totally my favorite record to beat :heart:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I can do 1/2 of one.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

the most i've done with 45 lbs on my weight belt is 3 in a row. aiming for 10 with that weight.

I can do 6-7 with a plate; I've been doing 3x5 with a 45. Adding small increments to one of the weighted belts is a little tricky...
  • Baaronlee
    Options
    36 was my max a few years ago. I generally do about 15 reps about 3 times daily
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I can do ONE and I'm super excited about it lmfao. I do one then do the rest with a chair. I'm gonna throw a party when I can do 2.

Edit: And it's a reverse grip chin up. Any other form and I can't even do one without a chair lol
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I can't do any. And struggle with push ups... I need to work on my upper body strength.
  • snoopy7501
    snoopy7501 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yeesh, I'm still working on one. :grumble:

I've only been working on them for a couple of months, though, and I'm getting closer. Y'all just wait, I'll get there.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It was one of my goals for the year. I was going to follow the guide here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/04/25/do-a-pull-up/
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    4 underhanded and 2 overhanded full "real" (the ones where you hand from the bottom and let your arms extend all the way down) ... Still working on increasing to 15 under hand and 10 over hand.. Being able to the pull ups is pretty big for me. I was never able to do them w/o assistance... As other females know, it is pretty hard for females to do them.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    7 on my last try!