30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just have to get...the...plastic...wrap...off...the...darn...DVD...I already hate Jillian!

5'6"
    bust 37 1/2
    waist 30
    hips 36 1/2
    thighs 19 1/4
    left arm 11 1/2
    right arm 10 3/4

12-1 ...day one down...muscles hummin'
  • sstoudm2
    Options
    Just did D1L1 today. This is my umpteenth time starting the 30DS, and I'm determined to finish it!

Height: 5'4
    Weight: 170.2lbs
    Bust: 39"
    Waist: 33"
    Hips: 44"
    Thighs" 26"

I plan only doing the shred because I'd like to see what this program can do on its own, without other exercising. At most, I'll add some yoga into the mix. Also, I'm going 30 days straight through--no rest days.

Good luck everyone!
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Already a week in.
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A year ago I did the 30 day shred for 30 days straight. I stopped running, no gym, just 30 day shred. I couldn't find online someone who did the whole 30 days so I gave it a try after all it's only 20 minutes a day. Sometimes a hard 20 minutes.

Results: I did not lose a lot of pounds. No more than 5lbs in 30 days, but I lost a ton of inches, especially around my waist where I hold majority of my weight and went down a size. It's a great dvd to jumpstart your weight loss. It's going to be hard at first so get lighter weights and just push through.

If you want to give up think "I can sit on the couch and watch a tv show for 30-60minutes" so you can do a workout video for 20 minutes. It's a great feel of accomplishments when you move up a level. I was very sore and it makes you want to quit but push through it.

Good luck!
  • masumaj
    masumaj Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!!!
    I started on Friday for the second time around since I haven't done any workouts since September. Took measurements and today will be day 3. Can't wait for final results

Height 5ft
    Measurements
    Weight I haven't checked because I rarely do but I think I weight aroun 140 pounds give or take 1 or 2
    Chest:37
    Stomach: 34
    Hips:38
    Waist:32.5
    Right arm:12
    Left arm:12
    Right thigh: 24
    Left thigh: 24
  • fitandhealthy42012
    Options
    D2/L1 completed. I must admit I struggled to get through it looking forward to getting fitter. Hope you all doing well, keep it up.:smile:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    5'6"
    175 lbs
    bust 39
    waist 37
    hips 42
    left thigh 23
    right thig 22 1/2
    left arm 13
    right arm 13

Starting on L1 today. Good luck everybody
  • kirby34puckett
    kirby34puckett Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it on December 11th! I'll be glad to join you then.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • susanaowen
    Options
    I'm in! Just finished day 2 and going to include healthy eating as much as I can during the holidays.
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am absolutely in love with my progress so far and I'm still on the 1st level. I take pics to keep focus on what's working and what's not and although my stomach and waist have decreased overall in size, from my side shots ... the front looks ... bigger. Like it's sticking out more and flat. (I hope I'm describing this correctly.)

My question is to anyone that had a good bit of weight to lose that tried 30 Day Shred and did you experience this too? Did you skip on the abs part of the workout or what? I think I need to lose more weight before I work on my stomach like this
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! Did the first day today.
  • justdoit52
    justdoit52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in for this! I'm going to start today! I did this a couple months ago, and got to about day 16 or something and then had a knee injury, and have been slacking ever since, time to get back on it! I LOVED the results I got from it last time, and only finished it half-way!
  • ashleyG1990
    Options
    I just completed my first day of the 30 day shred.....certainly kicked my butt! If you need a motivation buddy add me! I know I could always use one too!
  • abranch87
    abranch87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I finished day two and I did 10000 times better lol. I was having food and knee issues and had to take a one day break. I is a hard workout. I hope I can continue it. Add me for motivation and vice versa. Also, is anyone experiencing other positive changes? Im doing better in school since i started changing my lifestyle and I am just motivated by life right now.
  • hborn
    hborn Posts: 12
    Options
    I am in! I started day one yesterday and boy was it a work out.
  • marcdee04
    marcdee04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I will pull mine back out and start tonight. Whew...Get me back on track.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm in :-) I did l1, d1 (Dec 1st) and I was sore as~ all get out yesterday so I rested on the 2nd. After I get some yoga or stretching in this a.m. I will try day 2. I haven't had a spinal surgery but I am dealing with Spinal degeneration and osteo arthritis so I know that I may be unable to do all of the days consecutively. I am okay with that... I just want to try my best and complete it even if there are says where my back requires rest. I would love to hear how you are managing with your back as well :-) Best wishes! I noticed that there are two 30 day shred challenges for Dec. I hope I'm joining the right one! Maybe I will join both just in case, Lol!

Also, I had some MAJOR muscle pain/ whining after day one. I am curious, how many of you work through it in order to do their plan on consecutive days? If so, when did it get better for you?

How many of you are taking rest periods (or have done it in the past) and still reaped the rewards even though it would take longer than a month to fulfill?

Shredders~ feel free to add me if you would like additional encouragement!
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS today so I'll post my measurements too! I've seen so many great results so I had to give it a try!

Weight: 138 lbs
    Bust: 36in
    Waist: 28in
    Hips: 35in
    Thighs: 23in/each
    Tummy: 32in (across the belly button!)

I'm not too worried about weight loss, I'm just hoping for some major inches lost! Add me if you want, we can be a support system! :)