do you ladies like to hear....

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I like to hear it.

know what leaves a greater impression and makes our entire week better and we will never doubt if you mean it?

"I need your help."

or

"Im proud of you."

This!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My outfit can be cute...I, myself, don't want to be cute.

Pretty, beautiful, sexy, etc....all work for me! Even better from people I don't know because they don't "have" to stop to tell you.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    No, I don't like hearing I am 'hot'
    I like hearing that I'm beautiful :)
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    if you mean it, YES. if you're saying it because you have to or feel like you should, we can tell. STOP IT. But there is nothing better than a heartfelt "You look great today!" or "DAMN! You're sexy!" or something like that. It can make a girl's day!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    know what else is utterly perfect and can color your day?

good morning?

If its our SO youre referring to, nothing can really replace a sweet interaction in the morning. It's special.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know someday...if it ever happens!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like to hear it.

know what leaves a greater impression and makes our entire week better and we will never doubt if you mean it?

"I need your help."

or

"Im proud of you."

At least once a week, my husband tells me that he's proud of me. Yes, that sticks with me more than all the times he ever called me beautiful or anything else.
  • Fit2Skinnyme33
    Fit2Skinnyme33 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    honestly? I hear nothing.

I hear nothing too. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear I am beautiful and sexy ALL the time!!! I would believe it if you said it sincerely! I have to ask and my husband says of course while not paying attention. Aww the bliss of marriage. LOL
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

only creepy old men say those things

Or creepy guys on internet dating sites...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I love being called beautiful, gorgeous, sexy ect.
    DON'T call me cute though, cute makes me think of some helpless being. My ex called me cute and I would always respond with I'm not cute I'm vicious! Lol
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My husband has told me that he thinks I am beautiful all the time and that makes it ok not to say it randomly or in specific situations when I have gotten all dolled up for something. It's like he doesn't see me. I definitely want it, need it, and don't get it near enough. So no, I don't really believe that he thinks I am, but *I* very often think I look hot, so how I feel about myself is not dependent on what he thinks. He's oblivious.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Every morning my boyfriend sends me a text, "Good morning Gorgeous"... when we are together, even if we aren't getting along, he will say "Ok beautiful".
    I dated a guy who did that and it drove me crazy. He also called me "princess" a lot and that pissed me off too. I think it's nice to be complimented, especially by the person you're dating, but my name is not "gorgeous" or "beautiful" or "princess" and when people (including people who I'm not dating, how weird is that?) talk to me that way, I find it demeaning. I'm the farthest thing in the world from a princess, and I'm a lot more than just "gorgeous" or "beautiful." A different ex used to say "Hey, Pretty Girl." It made me feel like I was a pet; we literally used to call our parakeet "pretty girl" all the time.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    My husband tell me I'm beautiful/gorgeous/hot/sexy every day. He has since we first started dating almost 13 years ago.

Some days I may not believe him, and some days I know he's right.

He has told me this at every weight, every age, every stage he has shared with me. He is my rock!
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I do enjoy hearing a sincere compliment ... and hopefully that is what it is ... even from a stranger. Sexy from a guy on the street? Not. A man (or a woman for that matter) taking a second look and saying 'you are a very pretty (beautiful, lovely, etc.) woman', or 'you look great today' is really nice and a confidence booster. Not required to make or break my sense of self, but it's nice. I had one guy that used 'delicious' frequently ... but meant nothing sexual by it ... that one made me laugh. 'You look delicious today!' Too funny! Anyway, I don't think you are wasting your time ... I actually make it a practice to compliment both men and women on their looks daily. When people work hard ... and it's obvious ... as in working out, putting on makeup, fixing hair, etc., I think they deserve some sort of recognition ... but it's always an honest compliment.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Every morning my boyfriend sends me a text, "Good morning Gorgeous"... when we are together, even if we aren't getting along, he will say "Ok beautiful".
    I dated a guy who did that and it drove me crazy. He also called me "princess" a lot and that pissed me off too. I think it's nice to be complimented, especially by the person you're dating, but my name is not "gorgeous" or "beautiful" or "princess" and when people (including people who I'm not dating, how weird is that?) talk to me that way, I find it demeaning. I'm the farthest thing in the world from a princess, and I'm a lot more than just "gorgeous" or "beautiful." A different ex used to say "Hey, Pretty Girl." It made me feel like I was a pet; we literally used to call our parakeet "pretty girl" all the time.

I'm the same way. Tell me when the mood strikes you and you just have to say it. Youll melt me. tell me all the time just weirds me out. My tollerance for 'mush' is very low. Lol
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    really don't want to hear cute...my 9 y.o. is cute...
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It is always welcomed to hear but when you don't have someone telling you that for a while and then someone does...it can be hard to believe. It's not a waste of time!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Do men like being called Handsome, Good Looking, or Sexy Beast? We're humans and humans like to be complimented. If not, there wouldn't be 100 new threads on here asking people to rate them, would they "do them", etc.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Not from random people, no.

Speak for yourself. Sometimes a compliment is just a compliment with no underlying motive. Personally I like when strangers tell me I'm lovely - it throws me for a loop and really brightens my day.

THIS^^ :happy:
  • F_Chord
    F_Chord Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to hear these words, sometimes.