do you ladies like to hear....

Options

Replies

• cbormac
    Options
    Coming from a shy person such as myself, it takes courage to compliment a woman. From me anyways, it IS sincere

I agree, if I say it I definately mean it... In fact sometimes I get frustrated when I tell someone who I think is beautiful, that they are beautiful and they disagree with me.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I like to hear it. But only from people I know are being earnest. If it's just some low-class idiot on the street who thinks catcalling is going to get him laid, no.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yup, I enjoy it. I smile, and I say thank you.

However, if I tell you I am married, please do not continue to hit on me.

I would get compliments, then it usually follows with, "are you happy in your marriage?" and other crap like that.

That gets annoying! What type of skank am I to cheat on my husband?

LOL yes, after saying I'm married it's often followed with "Happily?"
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Yes of course, self consciously or not!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be told I'm loved/liked/appreciated than sexy or hot (not that I would turn down a compliment of any kind) :bigsmile:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I hate it when a man says that to me......oh you mean ladies..:embarassed:
  • BIRT1956
    BIRT1956 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not from random people, no.

when its from random people its the best.

They don't know you and don't HAVE to tell you that you look a certian way.

Also its more sincere
    I agree. A doctor visiting the medical facility where I work came up to me and told me I had the most beautiful smile. I had never seen him before or since but it makes me smile to this day whenever I think about it. Just a random comment with no underlying motive.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    Yes, ladies like to hear those things. :)

Even if she says she doesn't believe you - if you stop saying it, she'll really start to doubt herself.

this
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I hear it a lot nearly every day if not every day. I just love it and eat it up. It's actually gotten me to believe it. SO no, you are not wasting your time...
  • Flame073
    Options
    Compliments make me feel awkward .. not sure whats up with that but if or when I get one I prefer compliments like .. Nice eyes or smile or whatever .. Rather that the sexy/hot ones .. Even though there is a place for that too ????
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :explode: anything but.... babe or hun... eww

I HATE when random strangers use terms of endearment. You have to earn calling me baby or sweetie. Been dating a guy for about 2 months, and we just started this week calling eachother names like that.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is saying it... Are we talking about someone leering and mouth breathing while asking way too much info for someone who doesn't know us:frown: ? or just a regular guy:heart: ?
  • Subowski
    Options
    You say, "Babe, you're looking hot tonight. You're so beautiful."
    We hear, "Eh love, put your lips around this and say Showaddywaddy."
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Coming from a shy person such as myself, it takes courage to compliment a woman. From me anyways, it IS sincere

I agree, if I say it I definately mean it... In fact sometimes I get frustrated when I tell someone who I think is beautiful, that they are beautiful and they disagree with me.

Wow, this is nice guys.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    You say, "Babe, you're looking hot tonight. You're so beautiful."
    We hear, "Eh love, put your lips around this and say Showaddywaddy."

Are you saying that when men are being nice all they are actually doing is offering d*ck?

Good lord!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't like hot, sexy or anything like that.. 'Beautiful' has much more meaning :heart:
  • kdevitis
    kdevitis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    from you? no. from friends and family yes
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I like "the look"

It says a lot more than any compliment ever could.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    :explode: anything but.... babe or hun... eww

I HATE when random strangers use terms of endearment. You have to earn calling me baby or sweetie. Been dating a guy for about 2 months, and we just started this week calling eachother names like that.

Really? Where do you live? I don't think I can go anywhere here without some sweet, Southern old guy calling me "darlin". I sort of love it.
  • deadbambi
    Options
    If it sounds sincere, then yea why not? it's a compliment, and compliments make everyone feel good & awkward & flattered. :happy: but not if its from oddballs on the internet that are just hopin to see some tits ~ :sick: