Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    H i everyone, Robin I loved the post about the magic cookies. They must have had black magic to attack you all unprovoked like that. I can totally relate to the falling down hard yesterday. For me it was lots and lots of Mcdonalds. I was running errands all day and in a pisser mood so went into total dont give a bleep mode. After being honest and recording it all I could only sit and stare and ask myself what was I thinking. While my mood is if anything worse today i am not going to make the same mistake again. On the upside yesterday was my weigh in day and I lost just over 5 pounds last week so was real happy with that. I think the weigh in after tom is over is always the best at least for me. As long as I dont crazy whle on tom It is always such a nice big number so far. As for everything else I am doing a lot of talking to myself and will probably start to feel better soon. Family is the largest blessing god gives us but at times the biggest trial we will ever experience. At those times I have to talk to myself and remember the blessing part. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day and dont forget to drink your water.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:

Today was another one of those days...UGH! However, I did not let that get to me. Instead, today was a day of temptation.

This morning when I got to work, I ate my breakfast as I always do and started my day off like normal. I went to lunch with my kids, ate a decent lunch, and then headed home. I had tutoring today, but it wasn't until 5pm. I lied down to take a nap, but as always when I try to nap, my phone kept blowing up and I kept getting texts. So no nap, but it wasn't a big deal. I got dressed for my workout and headed on to the resturant that I tutor at. It was then that the temptation struck.

I could smell EVERYTHING that they were cooking. Hamburgers, poboys, french fries, onion rings, and a variety of wings and other things. I was STARVING by 5pm and it was my fault for forgetting to eat a snack. I ALMOST ordered one of the most delicious, full of fat, hamburgers. But I didn't and I finished tutoring and headed to the gym for a workout.

The entire time I was running I was contemplating what to eat for dinner. I REALLY wanted pizza. I got upstairs and was ready to order one, when I realized that I was about to pay $20 for a pizza I was literally going to eat 2 pieces out of or eat the whole thing. I instead laid the phone to the side and went into the kitchen. I had thawed out some chicken so I took that, seasoned it, added some tomato sauce and cheese and popped it into the oven. In 45 minutes I had Chicken Pizza! No major carbs and tastes amazing! :) Plus, instead of eating something for 1,000 cals, I managed to eat mine for under 400 cals. :) So needless to say, I'm a happy lady!

My goals for the week are:
    ~ Run Daily (Even if it is in spurts)
    ~ Lose 3lbs by Monday
    ~ Drink my water daily
    ~ No Fast Food!

I think these are doable. :) I hope everyone had a great day! I'll check in soon.

~ Jana
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @jana -- great day!!!
    @tom and kelley - with all those steps, no wonder you've lost so much weight!! great walking!!!

Well, I think I'm getting my groove back. Seems I really enjoy the wii fit, and it might be something I can stick with this winter. It's not swimming (sigh), but I get a pretty good burn, and I love recording (and eating a few of) those extra calories! Hope I can get back to losing a bit more consistently this month. I still have so far to go, I should be able to do better than the two pounds lost in November. My goal is still to reach twoderville by the end of the year, which should be possible, because it's only five pounds away. If I get the new job that I "tried out" today, I think I will burn quite a bit more each day, because I would be providing support for one very active six-year-old!!! They said I will hear one way or the other tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but I think it looks promising!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Jana- I like the idea of your chicken pizza, may have to try it one day.

Karen L and Kaye- Hope your knees are better soon.

Tuesday goals- To get back on track and get in regular exercise this week.
    I did go to the movies tonight and saw Rise of the Guardians in 3 D. I enjoyed the movie but it was a little dark and if you have young kids they might be scared. I am not a fan of 3D movies but this one was okay in that format. I think the regular version would be just as good. This was part of my personal goals of getting out to do different social events to meet more people.

Tomorrow, I need to decide if I am going out after school or going to the gym. I might be able to do both provided I don't stay at dinner to long. Regretfully, it will be a Italian/ pizza place, so I will need to choose wisely if I go. It is a birthday celebration for one of the teachers. I know I should go but I want to exercise and I have an errand to do for my mom. Sorry, not whining just thinking in writing trying to determine the best course of action. :grumble:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! It sounds like a bunch of you are suffering from sinus infections and other ailments. Take care of yourselves and don't overdo it! I made that mistake a few weeks ago and it took forever for my sinus/ear infection to clear up.

@robin--sorry you fell down--hope your knees didn't get too scraped.

@tom & kelley--wow--great fitbit numbers! :drinker:

Tuesday goals:
    Well my goal for today was to go to the gym or run and I did run. Not sure why I have such a gym aversion lately, but I will get back there at some point this week.

I used my new HRM today when I went for a run. I seems to wok okay (didn't need any electrolyte gel). However, the calories burned seem really low. Only 202 calories for 34 minutes of running. I guess I will just post what it says and see what happens. I've suspected that my my last HRM readings were too high b/c of my difficulty losing weight this past year. Perhaps the change will kick start my weight loss again.

Also got a bit of grading done after my run, so not a bad day.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--core work (I have a late meeting so there's no way I will be home to walk gunner before dark)--DONE!!!
    Tues--run outside w/ gunner--DONE!!!
    Wed--walk gunner + core work
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym OR run outside
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym OR run outside
    Sun--walk gunner + gym OR run outside

Adding grading goals:
    1. 22/49 AP tests
    2. 5/22 Create an ad assignments
    3. x/11 AP analysis activities
    4. x/49 AP journal reflections
    5. x/22 vocab quizzes
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone . I have been trying to get caught up on whats been going on there is way to much for me to read though ! I hope that everyone is having a good week and one of my goals for this week is to write on this message board every day i enjoy this so much and we all need to encourage each other !
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

The entire time I was running I was contemplating what to eat for dinner. I REALLY wanted pizza. I got upstairs and was ready to order one, when I realized that I was about to pay $20 for a pizza I was literally going to eat 2 pieces out of or eat the whole thing. I instead laid the phone to the side and went into the kitchen. I had thawed out some chicken so I took that, seasoned it, added some tomato sauce and cheese and popped it into the oven. In 45 minutes I had Chicken Pizza! No major carbs and tastes amazing! :) Plus, instead of eating something for 1,000 cals, I managed to eat mine for under 400 cals. :) So needless to say, I'm a happy lady!

~ Jana

Do you like mushrooms? I'll buy a portobello mushroom and use that as my base. I then put a little sauce, cheese, black olives, turkey pepperoni or any other type of toppings my top will fit. Pop in the oven for about 25 minutes or so and instant pizza. It saves a TON of calories with no crust. I love them!!!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well, I am trying to get my groove back. I committed to logging daily, no matter how off a day I have. My friend came over today and brought me some stuff she bought from Dr OZ to boost metabolism, give energy and cleanse colon. It all seemed healthy and it can't hurt, so I will take that combined with logging, eating right and getting my exercise in. I havent been sick, but I can't seem to stay out of bed. I sleep at the drop of a hat and am very lethargic. I havent been sleeping well at night, because my hips hurt so badly, I cant get comfortable. My fitbit grades my sleep at 80% efficiency or less.

More yard work tomorrow, have someone coming over and then I must write a plan for the xmas party I am giving. Havent done much planning

My hips have been hurting real bad and my walking is very unbalanced. I looked for my canes today, but I think I gave them both away. Now that is optimism for you, though perhaps a little misplaced. Must have bursitis in my hips again. Will call Dr and hope she will give me cortisone. Havent had a shot in almost a year so maybe she will consent.

I had not seen my friend in a few months as she has been traveling across country. I flipped when I saw her, she had changed her hair, was wearing nice earrings and looked so beautiful. She seems to be growing younger. I realized that I had stopped wearing jewelry though I have a lot of nice stuff. Vowed I would wear something beautiful every day. Have gotten sloppy with my looks and intend to change that.

Susan, neat pizza idea
    Kris - We have the same goals. I had established this habit and let it slide
    Jana, Good for you!!!
    Skinnyjeans - I think it is the weather, Have had to beat myself (mentally) to go to the gym
    LaurieK70 - I would opt for the gym and socialize later. Those pizza places are very tempting

jtconst - Congrats on the 5lb loss. Agree with you on family.

Robin, the only falls you are allowed will be falling in love. Sorry that happened to you, but I am sure the cookies made it better.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I not only survived a trip to Costco and Winco, but actually did really well. I think that the hour ride each way was harder on my knee than the actual shopping. I did get my walking in, though, nearly an hour at Winco and more than an hour at Costco. I hope that I have a pretty complete stock of groceries for the week before Christmas when I will have a lot of family here. We ate lunch at Subway and I passed on the berry smoothie at Costco so my calories for today were really low, too. All in all not a bad day.
    I'm not very good at doing personals, but I do read all of your posts and really take inspiration from them. Thank you and hang in there. Kaye
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    good morning friends hope you all have a great wednesday.....my wish for today is that I keep up my drive and determination to keep going to achieve my april goal. I am doing this for me not my friends not my husband ME. I just have to keep reminding myself of that on days where I make excuses.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish:

Is non health related.....I wish people would stop telling me how the world is ending this year and there will be no 2013.

I met my water goal of 8 glasses yesterday!! I need to get back on the water train.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think I need some advice completely unrelated to weight loss. My sister-in-law recently asked my brudder for a divorce, they are currently still sharing a house but they(she) plan to separate after the holidays. So my question is this, do I still give her the Christmas gift I made for her or can I be the vindictive jerk my brother refuses to be? Maybe my goal in life should be larger than vindictive jerk?

Wednesday wish - a little less talk and a lot more action.

@KJEFFERIES - maybe get your thyroid checked, and a sleep study done. Either can cause lethargy.

~ Jana

Do you like mushrooms? I'll buy a portobello mushroom and use that as my base. I then put a little sauce, cheese, black olives, turkey pepperoni or any other type of toppings my top will fit. Pop in the oven for about 25 minutes or so and instant pizza. It saves a TON of calories with no crust. I love them!!!

Susan - the porto pizzas are a really neat idea! I'm gonna try them. Another alternative is pita pizzas. I use a pita for a crust, it's usually about half or less the calories of normal crust. There are whole wheat versions that are even lower calories.

aug
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,112 Member
    Options
    I think I need some advice completely unrelated to weight loss. My sister-in-law recently asked my brudder for a divorce, they are currently still sharing a house but they(she) plan to separate after the holidays. So my question is this, do I still give her the Christmas gift I made for her or can I be the vindictive jerk my brother refuses to be? Maybe my goal in life should be larger than vindictive jerk?

aug

I'm all for going ahead and being the vindictive jerk!!! Feels right to me.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wed Wish:

Is non health related.....I wish people would stop telling me how the world is ending this year and there will be no 2013.

I met my water goal of 8 glasses yesterday!! I need to get back on the water train.

Hey Holly - if I'm well and in town I'm invited to a party which is a "End of the World/Ugly Christmas Sweater" party. All totally a joke and an excuse to get people together for fun AND OF COURSE FOOD!!! And I don't actually have an ugly Christmas sweater to wear. No really, they're are juding for the ugliest sweater.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    Have been running after things for my dad again and was out of town yesterday to visit him and worked a while to pack tax records. I've been packing financial records and tax records during my last 3 trips and by gosh, I'm still not finished. Although to be fair the first thing I packed was all the corporate records (corp. now closed) but I've been told to keep them forever.......ack. I still don't have a plan of attack to get the house ready for an appraisal/market assessment. But I'll get there someday.

Meanwhile, I'm fine with 25 walks. I love to walk. I was just looking at my Fitbit records and I just missed 50 miles last week by 0.3 of a mile. I had no idea I was that close!!

Sorry for those who are struggling with illness, accidents, slower than desired recovery, non-supportive people, and other obstacles. This time of year it seems so many things surface to try to throw us under the bus.

Wednesday wish - to stay the course with what I've mapped out to improve my health and to avoid all the illnesses that seem to be felling all my friends.

Wishing you well.

Drink that water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Up most of night with sick great grandchild. Missed gym, but going now in a few minutes and doing my own thing. All my joints are swollen today. The is the beginning of a planned day. I will stick on plan
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Jana~Amazing choices yesterday, way to go! The chicken pizza sounds yummy!

@Karen~Do the instructions for your new HRM say to use electrolyte gel? I just have to run mine under water. Maybe its depends on the type of chest strap, I know they use a gel on the Garmin devices at the gym for their cardio tests.

@Susan~Great idea about using portabella’s for a pizza crust. I’ve used pita before like Aug suggested too. I often make pizza on Friday nights and use FlatOut for my crust – I also use tomato paste for my sauce instead of pizza sauce (it’s a bit healthier).

I hope that everyone that has been dealing with illnesses and injury this past week are on the road to recovery.

Wednesday Wish~That a tall, dark handsome man (single and in his 50s) finds his way to my doorstep to go with me to my Christmas party for work on Saturday (hate going to these things alone) – I also wish that I find a nice dress on Friday at a good price for said party.

ETA:

@Lin~In recent years, I’ve been hearing a lot about ugly Christmas sweater parties.

@Aug~I think I’d be vindictive, but then I have a tendency to hold a grudge! :wink:

:heart: Kelley :heart:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

@KJEFFERIES - maybe get your thyroid checked, and a sleep study done. Either can cause lethargy.

*****Aug- I would be the jerk that you are suggesting you would be. Honestly in my eyes she is no longer part of the family so a gift is not neccessary. I have been known to be wrong many of times tho.***** Couldn't get quote to work correctly sorry.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Angelika - I'm sorry for your loss, and for all your other family problems. My prayers are with your and your family. :heart:

Susan - thanks for the pep talk.

JTconst - woot! Congrats on the 5 lb. loss - excellent!

Jana - what a victory over the restaurant pizza. Your recipe sounds delish - and I'm so inspired by your story. Way to go!

mackbeth - prayers for your "possible" job - sounds so promising!

Laurie - since you;re trying for more social life, I'd make an appearance at the teacher's dinner then head to the gym for some exercise, you don't have to stay at the dinner for the whole event.....do you?

KJeffries - I recently started wearing earrings in my pierced ears again - I had gotten like you - just forgotten about adding the final touches - even though one is wearing jeans one can still put some "polish" on! :flowerforyou:

Aug - so sad about your brother.....well, don't burn your bridges, brudder, especially at Christmas time. You made her a gift, I think you shouldl give it to her, even if its with gritted teeth. Or have it under the tree, if she doesn't show up, at least you were covered.

Linder - your a good daughter to assume financial responsibility for your dad's records. THat's an awsome task and one that is not over for a long, long time. Good luck with that. Hope you have lots of space for all those records your keeping! My BF had to do the same for his dad and it took over a corner of his basement.

Kah - LOL - hope you find that tall, dark, handsome man and that nice dress for your party this weekend too!

I've gotten walks in the last two days. Today my BF and I are going to see LINCOLN. Can't wait.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday Wish: And how I need it now. See I just found out that my 8yr old niece has been contemplating suicide. Yes, I said my 8yr old niece. I am still numb from finding this information out. My niece is admitted to the hospital and they are I suppose taking the steps to get her better. I just don't understand. I'm so confused. Either way my wish is that my niece not feel the way she is and that she feels the love all around her from her sister and mother and family. I just can't imagine what could make this sweet little girl who is only 8 have these feelings. I know she has been through a lot in the past couple of years but I still don't understand. And I don't know what to do. So I will try to check in but my mind is just not here right now.

Tina