Fit & Fun Sized Group~March

Options

Replies

• jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    Today I did BL Last Chance Workout. Ughh it kicks my butt every time! I completed the Skinny Wednesday Challenge yesterday. I drank 14 cups of water :drinker: (a new record for me!), exercised for 1 1/2 hours, didnt eat after dinner & stayed within in calories :happy: Overall a much more successfull day than I would of had. The next one is Skinny Saturday & I will be doing that one too. I need ALL the help I can get during weekends. If anyone wants to do it she said she is putting the post up on Friday. Have a good day everyone :wink: :tongue: :love: :glasses:
  • CarylMc1991
    Options
    Hello all! It's 10.30pm in the UK and I'm gonna head to bed in a minute, just thought I'd share my tiny success with you!

To say I had a rubbish 2 weeks is an understatement, I had more bad days than good, but I carried on exercising and I'm happy to say I've lost 2lbs in two weeks... I'm so happy! But I know I need to eat healthy consistently to see great results!

Hope you are all very well, I havn't spoken to any of you properly yet, which I think is tragic! But I'll get to know you all in no time hopefully!

Keep up with the good work :):)

Caryl x
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Carly - congradulations on the 2 lb loss! That is great. Hang in there and remember the slower it comes off the more likely it will say off.

JZ - Good luck with the next Skinny Day Challenge! I will have to look for the post tomorrow.

I am struggling getting back on track. I'm doing OK with meals, but too many snacks here and there are eating up my exercise calories.

Next Monday when we are all back to work and school will help everything get back on track.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Today I did BL Last Chance Workout. Ughh it kicks my butt every time! I completed the Skinny Wednesday Challenge yesterday. I drank 14 cups of water :drinker: (a new record for me!), exercised for 1 1/2 hours, didnt eat after dinner & stayed within in calories :happy: Overall a much more successfull day than I would of had. The next one is Skinny Saturday & I will be doing that one too. I need ALL the help I can get during weekends. If anyone wants to do it she said she is putting the post up on Friday. Have a good day everyone :wink: :tongue: :love: :glasses:

I love this dedication! You are doing such an AWESOME job. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll see the results you desire.

What is the Skinny Saturday challenge and who's posting about it?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone's day get's off to a wonderful start and you're able to get an excellent workout in. Today is week 4 day 5 of the Insanity program so I completed the Pure Cardio dvd.

Jam: Don't be derailed by the snacking. I know we all have moments when staying on track seems extremely difficult but don't lose focus of your long term goal.
  • jzbaby626
    Options

I love this dedication! You are doing such an AWESOME job. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll see the results you desire.

What is the Skinny Saturday challenge and who's posting about it?

Thank you!!!:happy: FabulousFifty created the post. If it is the same as the Wed. challenge it will be to: double exercise, double water intake (within healthy limits), log EVERY bite of food you eat & don't eat anything after dinner. I havent seen the post for Saturday yet. I think she is posting it tonight. If I see the new thread I will post a link here for it. TGIF hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Here is the link for the Skinny Saturday Challenge if anyone wants to do it:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/88467-skinny-sat-challenge-anyone-6?page=1#posts-1220730
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A short post is better than none.

:flowerforyou: I went to line dance class then while waiting for the rain to stop, did 20 minutes of yoga and two 25 minute sessions on the exercise bike......the poodles licked me most of the time I was doing yoga so I wouldn't forget that they wanted to go to the dog park......finally it stopped raining and we went to the dog park where they chased birds and ran around with greyhounds
    I wonder how many calories they burned :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I did 20 more minutes on the exercise bike and got in over 10,000 steps on my step counter and still had a few calories left over at the end of the day.

I'm not going to do the Saturday challenge, but tomorrow will be my Isagenix cleanse day and I'll take a walk and go to the dog park. and drink a lot of water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I hope everyone's weekend has gotten off to a great start. Last night a girlfriend and I went to see Dionne Farris in concert. If anyone has ever seen the movie "Love Jones" she has a track on the cd called "Hopeless". She had taken a 13 year hiatus to raise her daughter and now she's back w/a cd dropping in October. Now I loved the song "Hopeless" but never really heard any of her other songs until last night and I must say she has a lovely voice and I will be looking to purchase her previous body of work as well as her new cd. I'm so glad my friend asked me to go b/c I was pleasantly surprised. She was on stage a full 2 hours and sang her heart out. For anyone who's still not familar w/her she's like a neo-soul artist, along the lines of Jill Scott.

Enough about my Friday night and onto my workout. Another friend of mine is currently participating in an exercise boot camp and her trainer offered a free session this morning so I decided to check it out. I must say that Tony Horton's P90X and Shaun T's Insanity really prepared me for boot camp. My endurance was through the roof and I was outshining some of the men who were there. He began the session w/a five minute jog, knocked it out w/o a problem. Then he began our workout w/4 30 second drill stations (they reminded me of football drills). Every 30 seconds you moved to another station until he blew the whistle. I'm telling you my endurance was so crazy that when the 30 seconds were over I was looking around like "that's it, it's over already). I'm still nowhere near mastering the Insanity program but it's good to know that something is working b/c I was looking like a pro out there today. Nonetheless, I did get a good workout in so I'm satisfied AND IT WAS FREE, so it doesn't get much better.

Well I'm off to complete the rest of my errands for today and then chill out. Have a great day all!
  • jam0525
    Options
    All you ladies are so admirable when it comes to doing exercise! It is really inspiring.

I swam laps while DD did her 10 minutes of aguajogging. That was all she could take, so we cut it short and left right when she was done. This evening while she had the ice machine running I managed to get in 20 minutes on the exercise bike, but it was very light as everyone was watching a movie and the faster you go the more noise it makes.

But, 30 minutes is 30 minutes. I will continue to try to get it up to 45 minutes a day.

Again I admire all of you for all the exercise you do.

Barbie - I'm glad the dogs got to go to the park and chase the greyhounds. Maybe if they do that before you do your yoga you won't have as many noses in the way. lol

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Chocolickkyss:flowerforyou: It must have been so satisfying for you to match your new endurance skills against a new challenge.....I'm not nearly as fit as you are but I know how good it feels when I see someone else slow down or sit down during an activity that I'm equal to......keep up the good work.......your concert sounds great, I'm not familiar with the artist but I'm glad you had a great time.

:flowerforyou: JAM, that's a great idea about getting the dogs tired out before doing yoga so they won't bug me so much....today DH and I took them for a 30 minute walk and they lay down in the back seat when we went off to do our errands.....instead of going to the dog park I took a nap and they slept with me.......you may not be getting all the exercise you want but it's great to see that you don't pass up any opportunity to be in motion.

:flowerforyou: Today is "cleanse day" so since I'm not taking in too many calories, I'm keeping my exercise lower and using my day for more sedentary chores.

:flowerforyou: jzbaby, how did you do with the Skinny Saturday challenge?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning all! Today is week 4 day 7 of the Insanity program which means its suppose to be a rest day, so, as always I decided to keep the workout light. I completed the Cardio Abs and Cardio Recovery dvds for a total of 47 minutes. I can't believe I was able to stick w/the Insanity program for an entire month and I'm sort of looking forward to week 5 b/c a new dvd is introduced. I watched the Core and Balance dvd last night and it seems doable so I'm going to give it my all.

Hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in a bit later.

Jam: You're right, 30 minutes is 30 minutes and is better than no minutes so keep up the great work. If you keep gradually adding 5 minutes in here and there you'll be at 45 minutes before you know it.

Barbie: When I'm completing the Insanity workout I often question how fit I really am b/c I'm constantly taking breaks through each exercise but I keep pushing play so that's all that matters. You continue to do awesome and inspire me so please keep it up.

Jzbaby: I too would like to know how you did w/the skinny saturday challenge?

I'm about to begin my Sunday ritual of ironing work clothes for the week and preparing meals for today and tomorrow. I'll check in a little later.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday all! This week it's suppose to get progressively warmer in GA so I'm so looking forward to being outside and enjoying the sunshine. Today is week 5 day 1 of the Insanity program which means I have been going strong on this program for over a month and I couldn't be prouder especially since I was begnning to get a bit bored. However, Shaun T introduced a new dvd called Core Cardio and Balance and I really like it. I think I like it b/c you're still able to get a great workout but the intensity/pace of the dvd is a bit more relaxed which allows me to actually complete every move. I was really impressed w/my ability to complete every level 1 drill (jump into plank, 4 push ups, 4 mountain climbers) b/c this is not something that I was able to do previously.

I hope everyone's day gets off to a great start and I look forward to checking in later to see how everyone is doing.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hi everybody! Well...I failed the challenge :embarassed: lol. I went about 200 cals over (because I didn't exercise) & only drank about 4 or 5 cups of water. Ugghh...I was doing good the 1st half of the day...but then my boyfriend sabotaged me by saying he was going to get Taco Bell. So of course I wanted something. I don't have a lot of will power when it comes to food. I didn't have any dinner that night, but I was still over on calories. I will be trying again next saturday tho & hopefully I will do better the 2nd time around. My boyfriend is trying to gain weight, so he is constantly eating! It is the worst watching him eat all the yummy food and I am only aloud 1200 cal's a day. I have gotten better at not wanting to eat everytime he does lol. When I first started on this site in November I was practially drooling over his food haha. Now I can put it out of my mind and not focus on it--MOST of the time...Hope you all had a good day :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning my wonderful fit and fun sized buddies! Today is week 5 day 2 of the Insanity program and I will be completing the Core Cardio and balance dvd all week in hopes of giving my body the recovery needed to take on month 2 of Insanity. I'm not sure I want to know what month 2 will be like b/c I couldn't master month 1 and now we'll be exercising longer. I guess I'll worry about month 2 next week and just continue to enjoy the recovery dvd.

Have a great day all and i"ll check in a bit later.

Jzbaby: Sorry to learn you didn't fair well w/the skinny saturday challenge but don't give up. It's challenges like these that make us stronger ppl b/c we've found inner strength despite wanting to give up. I know you can do this so try it again this weekend and no matter what your bf eats just remember your challenge and how strong of a person you are. You'll be so happy w/yourself when you realize you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Thanks Choco, trust me I will be back at it this Saturday! I am stronger than I give myself credit for & need to learn to remember that & utilize my inner strength!! A lot of times I just give up and I need to stop doing that. If she posts Skinny Wednesday I will be joining that challenge too. On a good note...When the bf was offering me late night snacks (one of my pet peeves!!!) twice this week I said NO! It smelled really good & I was hungry, but didn't let myself cheat. I weighed in today & I am down from 141.2 to 141.0!!! Not a big change, but I've been stuck there for a while, so I was thrilled to see that today!! :bigsmile: Oh and I will start us a new thread on Thursday, April 1st. I will give you guys the link when I do. Have a good day ladies! :love:
  • jam0525
    Options
    jz-My son loves Taco Bell. They have nutritional information available on site by request. So, I look it over before I order. But, it is a lot of empty calories and I never feel full from it.

Choco- I hope you enjoy your recovery day.

I'm back on the Wii 10-15 minutes a day in the morning and doing the stationary bike in the evening. Between them I'm getting 25-30 minutes a day. I've been going over on my calories, but I am still in hopeful spirits about getting back on track and loosing 2 pounds to get to a new landmark weight.

JAM
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday all! Today is week 5 day 3 of the Insanity program and I'm still in recovery. I decided to switch things up a bit today so instead of completing the Core Cardio and Balance dvd I chose Jillian Michael'sBlast Fat/Boost Metabolism dvd. I rocked it out for 43 minutes and once again I can tell the difference in my endurance level b/c I was able to complete the dvd w/o breaks and it felt great. I also decided to try one of the Beach Body Shakeology meal replacements and it was pretty tasty. I chose the chocolate flavor and mixed it with 8 oz of 1% milk. I may very well consider purchasing some of it.

Well I hope everyone has a great day and I'll check in later.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Jam- I didn't realize they had the nutritional info online. I will have to check it out before I order next time! I agree with you, it does not make you full. Good luck with the 2 lbs., you can do it!!! You've lost a ton of weight already!!

Choco- I have been thinking about getting some meal replacement shakes too. How many calories are they?

I weighed myself today I am 140.8!! Yayy :bigsmile: Lowest since I've started on MFP! My mini goal is 140...I don't think I can count that as reaching it yet... :ohwell: I think when I get to 140.4 I will consider it reached. Feels wonderful to see the scale moving again...in the right direction!! :bigsmile: :love: :glasses: :happy: :tongue:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Happy Thursday and for all who may be off work tomorrow (like myself) let the weekend and the fun begin. It is going to be an absolutely beautiful day/weekend here in GA and I plan to get out and enjoy it. Today is week 5 day 5 of the Insanity program and I completed the Core Cardio and Balance dvd (like I'm suppose to). I am extremely sore today. I mean my shoulders, upper back, hip flexors and quads are aching something awful. Despite the sore feeling I'm feeling really good my accomplishment w/this dvd.

Jzbaby: The shakeology meal replacement mix is 140 calories and I think 17 grams of protein. You can add the mix to water or milk. Since I added mine to 1% milk my calorie total was 250 and 25 grams of protein.