What's chocolate and healthy? Or low-calorie?

Options
Basically, I'm addicted to chocolate.
Addicted!
So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?

All I can think of is expensive things.
Like, chocolate protein shakes. I mean, I will buy a jar of it soon but in the meantime, what's an alternative ?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    lindt85pctdark.jpg

Break it into smaller pieces for lower calories
  • pilatemom
    Options
    I really hate dark chocolate. My mom always recommends it. I know it's a healthy, good option though. An article said having a piece or two a day is actually good for you! I just... can't do it. Or maybe I just need my mouth to adjust to it like mustard.
  • rzaloudek67
    Options
    Chocolate coated Almonds. I believe made by Diamond. So yummy. Just a thin coating of cocoa powder w/sugar on almonds. It's really good! And very few additional calories from plain almonds. Totally worth the purchase!
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Protien Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate, 1 bar

Has 190 calories and 10 grams of protien.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Basically, I'm addicted to chocolate.
    Addicted!
    So, what's something that is chocolate and tastes delicious but it healthy or just low-calorie?

All I can think of is expensive things.
    Like, chocolate protein shakes. I mean, I will buy a jar of it soon but in the meantime, what's an alternative ?

Fruit covered in dark chocolate!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Krave by Kellogg's, Chocolate filled... It's not 100% chocolate, but it has helped with my wanting of it, and a serving is relatively lo-cal with 5g of fiber and a variety of nutrients. Little snackable nuggets lol
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Buy Hershey's pure baking cocoa! I make smoothies every morning with milk, banana, chocolate, and ice and they're DELICIOUS!! The cocoa is only 10 calories a tablespoon!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of chocolate covered pretzels. They are so good :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    7168060-half-a-chocolate-cupcake-on-a-reflective-surface-against-a-white-background.jpg
  • cararickel
    cararickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you can have 9... NINE!!! ...Hershey's kisses for 200 calories. How awesome is that!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Just work some into your day!
    I love the special K chocolate crisps.. I usually have a pack and 1 tbsp of peanut butter.. dip the crisp in the PB.. SO good
  • meggwtw
    meggwtw Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is an acquired taste. Try weaning yourself off milk chocolate and gradually getting used to the dark stuff. Don't try something that is 85% at first, because you will HATE it. Work your way up to higher numbers rather than diving right in. I used to hate dark chocolate, too, but now when I try milk chocolate it's too creamy/sweet. Trust me, you'll get used to it!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Silk makes this dark chocolate drink (tastes like normal chocolate milk) and it is only 120 calories for an 8 oz serving! AND IT'S DELICIOUS! Makes a great post workout drink as well.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Cocoa is naturally high fat so anything with a decent percentage is likely to be high calorie, if the product is low calorie chances are it contains little cocoa or a lot of air/ water! Cocoa is healthy tho - chock full of fibre, minerals and antioxidants. Low fat soft cheese with fat reduced cocoa powder, natural sweetener and dried cherries is like cheesecake without the biscuit/ cookie base (sadly).

If you don't like dark chocolate then arguably it isn't the chocolate you like, it's the sugar and fat because milk chocolate contaisn very little cocoa. Are you getting enough calories/ protein/ fibre/ fat/ sleep? What is triggering cravings?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Chocolate coated Almonds. I believe made by Diamond. So yummy. Just a thin coating of cocoa powder w/sugar on almonds. It's really good! And very few additional calories from plain almonds. Totally worth the purchase!

Cocoa+Roast+Almonds.jpg

These things taste awesome, almost exactly like Coco Puffs.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    chocolate rice cakes!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's official, I love this thread :love:
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Special K - Chewy Delight - 95 cals
    Options hot chocolate drinks - 40 cals
    Kit Kat (2 fingers) - 107 cals
    Chocolate mousse - 80 cals

I haven't touched a 'real' chocolate bar in 5 months - these keep me going nicely :)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    1 tbs Cocoa powder in hot water with stevia, 20 cals of deliciousness. :drinker:
    Can add cinnamon, vanilla or peppermint extract.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You can work your way into the darker chocolates a little at a time. They come in different percentages. The trick with chocolate is to learn to be satisfied with just a small piece and not eat the whole bar in one sitting. You can also get the the ones with nuts or other flavorings to help ease you into it. The ones with bits of toffee are my favorites. I take teeny tiny bites and let it melt in my mouth, then chew the toffee bits. This way, my one little square can last a good 5 minutes.

For drinks, try making your own hot chocolate using unsweetened cocoa or carob powder and almond milk . Try stevia as sweetener or just a little bit of sugar, shouldn't hurt too bad, calorie wise.