What's chocolate and healthy? Or low-calorie?

Options

Replies

• Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Portion control I think is the only thing that helps me :tongue:. I looove dark chocolate, but I'm still a sucker for Cadbury - so glad they came out with 'Cadbury Thin' bars. 100 calories and just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth,
    I also really like chocolate tea, not the same, but 0 calories when you drink it clear. :love:
  • samigirl25
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie right bites of fudge striped cookies. They help when you're realllly jonesing!
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPPPPP =)

Love chocolate!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Kashi soft baked chocolate squares. Tastes like a well done brownie. YUM-O!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate Chex! Junior mints are not too bad on calories either :)
  • bizorra
    bizorra Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Check out Chocolate Covered Katie... not all of her recipes are low-cal, but many are.
  • pohlcm08
    Options
    Kashi Chocolate soft baked squares!! it's basically a brownie. Only 160 cals and it's made with sweet potatoes and black beans but you would never even know it. Very Delicious!
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    York peppermint patty only has 140 calories. It takes care of my sweet tooth :D
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I really hate dark chocolate. My mom always recommends it. I know it's a healthy, good option though. An article said having a piece or two a day is actually good for you! I just... can't do it. Or maybe I just need my mouth to adjust to it like mustard.

I used to feel the same but now I don't mind it....Kashi makes the most AWESOME dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Thats one way I get my chocolate fix. Also granola bars with chocolate chips are also good. My other fix is my chocolate protein shakes.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is the way to go... don't say you don't like it because you can aquire a taste for anything... don't jump from milk to intense dark.. do it slowly with more and more percentage cocoa

I got started with chocolate bars with espresso beans in them or almonds

Don't buy lindor/lindt. they get their cocoa from plantations that hold people as slaves, including children. I have a thing with human trafficking but I won't go on about it here.

but to answer the OP question. Anything Skinny Cow. I love there stuff.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options

Don't buy lindor/lindt. they get their cocoa from plantations that hold people as slaves, including children. I have a thing with human trafficking but I won't go on about it here.

I always wondered why it tasted so devilishly good!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 mini York peppermint patties every day. It's 140 calories and it satisfies my chocolate craving. When my husband gets home though I won't be able to have them because he can't only eat 3. :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've got to try those Kashi squares - they sound awesome!

I would agree that dark chocolate is an acquired taste. I didn't like it much at first but the more I had it, the more I liked it. And now I can't stand milk chocolate. Try the more standard brands like Hershey's - their dark chocolate is less intense than the good stuff (Lindt). Or like someone else suggested, get the dark chocolate with fruit bits or toffee bits. So good!

My go to chocolate right now is the Emeral 100 calorie packs of cocoa roast almonds and Zone Perfect Chocolate Almond Raisin protein bars. Yum!
  • pilatemom
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks everyone!
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Those Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds - Dark Chocolate are now on my next grocery shopping list! 150 calories for 25 chocolate almonds! Oh h*ll yes!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

but to answer the OP question. Anything Skinny Cow. I love there stuff.

What? I think this info about Lindt/Lindor is outdated. Take it however you want but here's their blurb about child labor:

http://www.lindt.com/swf/eng/company/social-responsibility/lindts-sustainable-cocoa-supply-chain/
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    love love brookside's chocolate covered fruits, about 1/4 cup for 180 cals!

http://www.brooksidefoods.com/Usa/Products/Dark-Chocolate-Acai-Blueberry
  • ETA: and check out his blog: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
    [/quote]

That blog!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Dreams PB mixed in oatmeal. Sooooo good!

A cup of hot cocoa.

I small handful of choc. chips.

Choc. frozen yogurt.

These are all my goto's when I am having a chocolate craving. I eat chocolate practically everyday.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cherrios are great.