So is anyone willing to give relationship advice?

Options

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    all aboard the just break up train.......
    seriously....you should \m/
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    Leave him.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    You have to run from this man/boy. HE will use you and abuse you. He will never work or put anything into anything worth having. You will be stuck supporting him and his habit. You will be mentally and maybe physically abused. You are young and you are not tied to him at this moment. You are the master of your own life. If you want to stay "comfortable" then stay, but if you wanna have anything in life flee!!!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am hoping by now that one of two things have happened. 1. You dumped his butt. or 2. He smartened up and is treating you the way you deserve to be treated. Think of what's best for you and your future.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    The verbal abuse and blackmailing sound pretty bad. So I would break up.

On a note for a future relationship, I read somewhere that often men don't see that there is anything wrong in a relationship if the woman continues to do the things she normally does (come over, cook, care, be affectionate), even if she is complaining about something in the relationship. They only realise something is wrong when she stops. It's because actions speak louder than words, kind of an extension of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". They will only be motivated to change if normal service stops (and then only maybe, if they miss normal service). I realise that this a a vast over generalisation and not all men are the same etc, etc, but it could be a helpful start to understanding some of the situation.

However, I think your current relationship has other problems with it (the name calling and pot smoking) that wouldn't be solved by the above.
  • rancid2040
    rancid2040 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're both young. He and you are going through a phase. Some never get out of it. Some you can help get out of it, but its all really just dependent on the person. Unless you really and truly love the guy and intend to try to subject yourself to both the good and the bad for an extended duration, there's no harm in moving on. Perhaps the idea of you leaving would change things. And maybe it won't. And I'll close with my first line: you're young. Enjoy life.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    you're young, move on
  • Barks123
    Barks123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to growing up and bad relationships.
    Your growing up because you can admit what is wrong and how you feel, by the way this huge and postive for you.
    I say cut the loss and move on with your life, this relationship is giving you mental abuse and you sure do not need that.
    Keep us posted, we have been where you currently are.
    It will some day get easier, be thankful that he has not been to home and will not come over, it makes the break up that
    much easier!
    Now go buy some awesome ice cream, bottle of asprin and a HUGE box of Kleenex.
    The pain will go way some day. It is just a storm and they do pass.
    Big Hugs.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

No seriously do it. If you are unhappy there is no point in staying. Is this something new he is doing or has he always done it? If its new I would ask what changed...if hes always been this way you wont change him
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    How do I say this.. You're 18 getting fit. Why are you wasting your time. If this is the guy meant for you it would not be so hard. Cut your losses, dump the d-bag and keep it moving. Have you ever tried to force the wrong piece of a puzzle into a spot it did not fit into? I mean, you can try as much as you want but in the end it will never work. Save your self the drama.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Well most women will tell you that you're a fool to think you can change a man, but those women are quitters.

Im a quitter in my marriage then- thanks for the boost of ego.

to OP- I agree with everyone else, he brings nothing to the table and you making him choices and promises wont change him (despite what i quoted above).
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    You're being taken advantage of. You're being a doormat. Pick yourself up and dump him. You're young. Don't waste your best years being walked on.

This x23423894735
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You're hot and young... Just break up!

Stay single until like 25 plus. Trust me that's what I would have done given the chance to go back and change something.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Sounds like husband material.
  • tdmcski
    tdmcski Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just say no!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    He's not going to change. Why would he? What he's been doing has been working for him.
    You haven't left. He does need you. He needs you to do all that *kitten* for him so he can smoke pot and play video games.
    Plus, be able to have you as a girl friend, and all the benefits that come with that.
    He doesn't expect you to leave him. If he did, he would have made some kind of effort. But he hasn't, has he?

I think you know what to do.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You're being taken advantage of. You're being a doormat. Pick yourself up and dump him. You're young. Don't waste your best years being walked on.
    This about sums it up...
    You are WAY too young to waste any more of your time on a loser like that....get out now before you end up pregnant and stuck dealing with him for the next 18 years....
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    He'll keep doing this as long as it works. It isn't going to get any better.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I'm jazzed about the opportunity to work and pay more and more taxes to support you two!

:angry:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Run...now, go!