Foods You Refuse to Guve Up!

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, white rice is actually healthier than brown rice. While brown rice has more nutrients overall, the bran coating actually prevents the human body from being able to digest and absorb them, which basically makes brown rice nutritionally empty to humans.
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I haven't really given up any foods yet but, I could not give up pizza. I just eat in moderation and walk/run to keep in shape. I have noticed that since I have started eating better foods that some of the so called "bad foods" don't taste as good as they once did. As long as I am losing weight and feeling good, I will just keep at it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    White rice
    ice cream
    pizza
    full fat, non-organic peanut butter (you'll pry my Jif from my cold, dead hands!)
    bread (although I did switch to a lower calorie variety)
    chips / crackers

Moderation is the key. I'm going to eat real food, food that I like, because I'm making a lifestyle change. You can't expect a person to avoid that kind of thing forever if that's what they like. I need to learn how I can eat the things I enjoy and still be healthy. Otherwise I'll just gain it all back and than what's the point of working so hard now?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, white rice is actually healthier than brown rice. While brown rice has more nutrients overall, the bran coating actually prevents the human body from being able to digest and absorb them, which basically makes brown rice nutritionally empty to humans.

source?
  • kellys91
    Options
    I refuse to give up starches! I eat a baked potato almost every day and I LOVE bread.
  • puddy29
    Options
    well i'm just starting so i have giving eating quite a few things but one that i need to eat at least once week is bread. i allow myself one day of week to eat some type of bread. my body craves it.
  • bookgirl_72
    Options
    I could never give up chocolate. EVER! I also refuse to switch to light beer and will not give up with morning coffee with creamer. Those are my non-negotiables!

Great thread!
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Pizza, Buffalo Wings, or Bacon. I try not to buy the stuff myself but if someone else does then it is game time.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Bisquick.
  • kem00re
    Options
    Good for you for posting this! My weakness is definitely peanut butter.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    BEER :drinker:
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Can't think of one thing I've totally given up....but I can think of hundreds of things I've cut waaaaaay down on! As long as I'm under my daily calorie allowance, and most of my diet is healthy, I'm good to have a treat. :)
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Coffee, jerky, and butter>margarine, even of I don't have it regularly

Oh and beer. Definitely beer
  • jhall585
    Options
    sushi with white rice instead of brown
    anything sweet that comes in a plastic bag from CVS (gummy bears, orange slices, spice drops)

i'm honestly never going to give up anything all together. but i've only had fast food (mcdonalds) once in 3 years.
  • jhall585
    Options
    BEER :drinker:

yes. champagne!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Beer. And Chinese.
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    cheese, vodka, beer, cheese, all bread, all pasta, cheese.... did I mention cheese??

CHEESE definitely NOT giving up full fat cheese. The low fat no fat crap can take a leap. Bacon, wine, pizza, and CHOCOLATE!!
  • HaleyJoAnn
    Options
    Chinese Food
    Puppy Chow
    Ice Cream
  • DefluffinMyStuffin
    Options
    Dark chocolate, occasional ice cream, cheese and froofroo coffee. :drinker: