What's chocolate and healthy? Or low-calorie?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jebketter
    Jebketter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vitatop deep chocolate. It is like eating chocolate cake. 100 calories and lots of vitamins and 9 gr of fiber. It's kept me sane.
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    ETA: and check out his blog: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

That blog!
    [/quote]

Everyone who reads this topic should visit this blog.. definitely saved my diet.
  • jenilou78
    jenilou78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fit & Active S'mores drizzled mini crisps-Aldi's brand. 90 calories and super filling too!!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Skinny Cow snacks
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt mixed with chocolate ovaltine, cocoa powder or chocolate protein powder
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    2487.png

Pretty decent for only 130 cals a serving.

How many servings are in the container?
  • eveejo
    eveejo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    diet hot coco. its real. and its amazing! 20 cal
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I like the diamond dark chocolate almonds and try the Ghirardelli 60% or 72% dark chocolate. A nice treat is the peppermint bark/dark chocolate from Ghirardelli.

I do not have a sweet tooth but the above is my go to when I do want something sweet.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a real alternative to help you cut out and with lower fat and lower calories - carob. Its kindda chocolaty like, though not exactly the same, but pretty good. Carob is naturally sweeter and has less sweeteners added, however it has some more carb, but it also has no caffine or other stimulants that chocolate has. But in reality after both chocolate and carob are processed as a candy treat its not that much better than chocolate lol.

However, for limiting your portion sizes, Trader Joe's has a great 100 calorie portion servings of milk chocolate and its DELICIOUS !!!

carob is awesome, too much chocolate triggers bladder flare ups for me, i used the chips in a cannoli dip i made, so tasty. people thought they were chocolate chips
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you can have 9... NINE!!! ...Hershey's kisses for 200 calories. How awesome is that!

Love Kisses and this copied from the recipe section:

Its a recipe (below) to add Betty Crockers Angel Food mix and a cake mix together, then you use 3 tbls of mix, 2 tbs of water and 1 min in the microwave...presto mini cake in a cup. Yes it has no fat etc. I saw this in the recipe section yesterday.

3-2-1 CAKE
    Ingredients:
    1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor (Chocolate is my favorite)
    2 Tbsp Water
    Directions:
    In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake! Keep remaining cake mixture stored in the ziploc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

HOW TO WORK OUT CALORIES:
    I entered each cake mix’s nutritional info and then I measure how much mix I had. I had 7.5 cups of mix (after they were mixed together) and each cup has 16 tbsp in it (according to my conversion chart) so 7.5 x 16 = 120 tbsp of mix. Divide that by the 3 tbsp per cake and it comes to 40 servings. I used Betty Crocker - Angel Food Cake Mix Fat Free.
  • jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I get huge cravings for chocolate around TOM so I indulge in Stonyfield's Organic After Dark Chocolate Nonfat Frozen Yogurt. It is only 100 calories for 1/2 cup!
  • ibach08
    ibach08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump! Fellow Chocoholic here...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    2487.png

Pretty decent for only 130 cals a serving.

How many servings are in the container?
    4 servings - 1/2 cup each serving.
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Brookside's dark chocolate covered pomegranate. So yummy and it's not really an intense dark chocolate flavor tastes more milky to me. You get 10 for 90 calories. I love them!

Also, I second the person who brought up the silk dark chocolate almond milk. it's better than chocolate milk and when you buy it in the single serve size they don't expire for months. It's a nice little treat.