30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• Artests
    Artests Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How many days do you spend on each level?

Im only on level 2, and have been doing 30DS for 6 days, but I had to move up cause level 1 was so boring and didnt do much for me :laugh:
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is everyone cutting calories with the shred? I've started writing down everything I eat and its helping me to cut back a bit but I know I should start being a lot better if I want real results!

I am on Day 5 of Level 1 of the 30DS. I am using MFP to keep to the 1200 recommended calories
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just completed d5 of L1. Not quite so sore today and managing jumping jacks and skipping for a bit longer but they are still the killer forme. Abs and strength stuff ok with. My reward was a long soak in a bubble bath....bliss
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 7! still not getting easier for me.....but hanging in there:)
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just have to avoid looking in the mirror when I do it...that aint pretty!

Hahahahaha!!!! My bf decided to WATCH me today and almost caught a weight to the face!

D4L1 here and I guess my endurance is way better but man oh man I hate the arm raises.
  • kellyyy1408
    kellyyy1408 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today. It was tough but surprised that I could actually do all of it and push through. I normally don't exercise and can't stick to it but taking 20 minutes out of your day to get healthier doesn't seem too bad. Hopefully I can stick with it and see some results!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Just have to avoid looking in the mirror when I do it...that aint pretty!

Hahahahaha!!!! My bf decided to WATCH me today and almost caught a weight to the face!

D4L1 here and I guess my endurance is way better but man oh man I hate the arm raises.

Haha serves him right! It is definitely not a spectators sport! Even my cats get freaked out!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Half way through today! Day 15 :) Feel a lot stronger but I really wish I'd been cutting calories at the same time. Can't wait to measure the results! I don't know how people do this plus other workouts thought. It kills me!
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me. Not quite as sore as I have been, so happy girl!
  • GettingFitToLIVE
    Options
    Hello all....i started the 30DS a couple days ago. Just completed day 2 of level 1 last night. It seems more women are doing this challenge so hopefully you won't mind a man being a part of this as well. Good luck everyone.
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I completed day 4 level 1 yesterday, and managed to go to the gym too and Im surprised to find that I don't hurt much today! I think that is improving. Its certainly making me think that I need to give up smoking though!
  • Hatsumomo
    Options
    Ooohh, me, me! I'm on Day 5, and I've already lost 6 pounds. Also, I can already see my muscles coming out, especially on my biceps and thighs. Here's to us. :D
  • bradXdale
    Options
    Level 2: Day 2 / Done. Kicked my butt today.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to do D5L1 today, but more than that I can't wait to weigh and measure on Monday. I have been doing approx an hour at the gym then coming home and doing this. Yesterday I got through the whole thing (panting, almost crying, and cussing out Jillian like crazy) without stopping. Today I am going to just get mad at her before I do it and be like TAKE THAT JILLIAN. hahahhahaa
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of L1 done and dusted :) Hubby watched me on day 1 and came in today when I was doing it and he said he could see a vast improvement in my stamina and the positioning for the strength work :) I admit I have not lost any more weight yet (but I have been messing with my calorie goal for days) but I measured myself today and have lost neatly an inch on bust, waist and hips. How good is that:)
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,408 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just have to get...the...plastic...wrap...off...the...darn...DVD...I already hate Jillian!

5'6"
    bust 37 1/2
    waist 30
    hips 36 1/2
    thighs 19 1/4
    left arm 11 1/2
    right arm 10 3/4

12-1 ...day one down...muscles hummin'
    12-2 ... rested
    12-3...day two...muscles are now screamin'; also walked 5 miles; total steps 12,724.
    12-4...shopping w/daughter after work...more fun than workin' w/Jillian!
    12-5...third shred day, plus 3 miles, plus up/down steps at work-ground floor to fourth floor seven times.11,200 steps, 4.89 miles
    12-6...shopped and cooked...up/down steps at work-ground floor to fourth floor seven time-that about covers it...
    12-7...walked two hours w/SO, also four floors at work...total steps 12,975, 5.67 miles...will double shred this weekend while puppy sitting!!!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    So I did what I told myself I wouldn't do and I weighed myself. Broke my heart to see I've actually gained weight!! But lost about an inch of the waist. Definitely going to increase cardio and cut calories for the last 14 days!
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So I did what I told myself I wouldn't do and I weighed myself. Broke my heart to see I've actually gained weight!! But lost about an inch of the waist. Definitely going to increase cardio and cut calories for the last 14 days!

Don't worry about the weight on the scale. There are countless reasons why your number on the scale could be higher (water retention, too much salt etc.) Go by what your tape measure and the fit of your clothes tell you.

Edit: Also don't fall into the trap of thinking that cutting calories will cure all evils. If you've already cut it to 1200 or less then cutting out even more might hinder weight loss more than it helps. Take a look around the forums, there's a lot of info about eating enough for your bodily needs. I especially recommend this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Scouter123
    Scouter123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a back injury as well, more soft tissue than an actual neurological injury requiring relearning how to walk (good for you btw). I have done the 30DS video twice over now and just started Ripped in 30 yesterday for some variety (so yes, it gets better to the point you get bored with the same thing!).
    I know it's now a week in and I hope you have not given up but if your body can't handle what JM puts out there, MODIFY it. Reduce the weight or range of motion or reps, I use an exercise bike for the cardio instead of the plyometrics as my joints can't handle the impact, at all. I do stability exercises instead of some of her crazy ab stuff. Just keep moving. It's only 20 minutes. I also found a heart rate monitor useful and gives me my calories.
    So do what works for you to keep you moving rather than trying to keep up to someone on the video, especially if you have never exercised before! My results are not as dramatic (I have bad knees too) but my arms are much more toned and my ab's are solid, not a 6 pack, but strong. Which helps my back too. I'm pretty happy with that so now on to modifying Ripped in 30...
    And don't forget rest days, 30DS does not mention them but put them in for muscle recovery-time (just make sure you get back to it the next day!)
    Good luck.