bump
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yummy....I just did the chicken, ketchup, and a coke meal...wow, the chicken was amazing!! My husband and kid loved it!!
  • afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sonnacchio
    sonnacchio Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My family loves the Shredded Beef Sandwiches recipe in the Betty Crocker Cookbook...If I remember correctly, it calls for one chuck roast, an onion sliced, 2 bay leaves, 1/3 c.vinegar and I believe 1/8 tsp. of ground cumin. Let it cook all day and it falls apart. Shred and dispose of the icky noone wants to eat. Save the au jus for dipping. Served on a toasted roll with a slice of cheese - YUM
  • alm0917
    alm0917 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turkey Breast

Get a whole turkey breast (thawed). Wash it and sprinkle with whatever seasonings you like. Put it in the crockpot and turn it on low for about 8 hours. That's it! I usually just throw some sweet potatoes in the microwave for a side. It's like Thanksgiving dinner, but much easier!
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cookinmomma
    Options
    I have a very large email that is all crockpot recipes. Message me with your email and I will email it to you.
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • srhc0416
    srhc0416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two of my easy favorites are:

Pork roast or tenderloin
    about 2 cans of rotel
    cumin to taste
    * we eat this as tacos or quesadillas

Red beans and rice
    1 llb dry red beans
    1 llb turkey or chicken sausage
    1 onion chopped
    1 green bellpepper chopped
    3 celery sticks chopped
    1 tblsp cajun seasoning
    eat with cooked brown ricw
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    We do crockpot lasagna. Just regular lasagna ingredients (substituting low fat versions of ricotta and mozarella, of course, and lean ground turkey rather than beef) layered in the crock pot on low for 4 hours. The meat has to be browned but the noodles can be dry. You may also want to grease the bottom and sides of the pot to make sure it doesn't stick. This is a family favorite at our house! :)
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is great, I was looking for fast and easy recipes
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I put Chicken breast in with one jar of Italian dressing and fresh onions, peppers, mushrooms, celery, and some spices. I ate it with brown rice and it was soooo yummy.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    chicken breasts
    one jar of low sugar orange marmelade
    1/2 cup frozen orange juice consentrate, thawed
    2 tbls grated fresh ginger

I put chicken breasts in the crockpot and mix up the rest of the ingredents and pour it over the chicken. Cook on low about 6 hrs.
  • jesibrat
    jesibrat Posts: 1
    Options
    Lean pork chops with French onion soup. Cook on med for the day! It is perfect! My family loves it! :love:
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump :) Thanks for the post!
  • Heather1776
    Heather1776 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For anyone who has come home to overdone food in the crockpot, the problem may not be that there wasn't enough liquid. I had been finding that my crockpot was cooking a lot of meals too fast. I thought that the crockpot was on it's way out since it was 6-7 years old. My hubby got me a new one and when I read the directions it said that if the crockpot is less than half way filled the food will cook faster. Well that solved that mystery and it made sense! I don't know why I didn't think of that. LOL So, if you have a larger crockpot and it isn't filled most of the way, the cooking time will be less. :wink: