Options

Replies

• 2gurl45
    Options
    That's so low.. :(
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It is unacceptable. Yes, putting that into the system was wrong. It may have been his personal opinion, and he is entitled to that whether we like it or not, but putting it on the receipt was unacceptable.

It is prejudice. His personal opinion. Nothing more, nothing less

No, they should not let it go. Yes, they should. OR at least keep it between them and the restaurant. this is not national or international news worthy. They were not refused service because of their weight. They were not put on public display because of their weight until they did it to themselves by making it a news story. There is so much more news worthy positive stories that should be reported.

It deserves to be in the news. No.

The girls should consult a good lawyer. And this would be yet again another frivolous law suit...much like the fact that coffee is usually hot and will burn you.

Sometimes change comes through the stick, rather than the carrot. Agreed. However, sometimes using a stick is over kill.

I agree with you (cmcollins001) 100% in everything you said.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    After reading about all the parties involved, I have to say: I'd rather be overweight than be an @$$hole.

I feel the same way.

Wonderful input, you've both really contributed to the debate. Great points made. Pat yourselves on your backs for stooping to cursing. Great. Really. *blank stare*

Oh pardon me - I'll rephrase - I'd rather be overweight than an insensitive, thoughtless JERK.

Oh no, you've really hurt my feelings. Perhaps I should go on the news on an international scale and moan about it?! Pfft! Acquire a life!

You should run to your 3rd grade teacher and tell her someone called you a name. :P Love you, just teasing.

Love you too Kitty! WendyTerry420, I am loathe to lower myself to your level by insinuating that your choice is equally evident.

You don't have to. You merely have to understand the meaning of the word "ditto."

Edited to not stoop to the level of silly old lady on MFP.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    After reading about all the parties involved, I have to say: I'd rather be overweight than be an @$$hole.

I feel the same way.

Wonderful input, you've both really contributed to the debate. Great points made. Pat yourselves on your backs for stooping to cursing. Great. Really. *blank stare*

Oh pardon me - I'll rephrase - I'd rather be overweight than an insensitive, thoughtless JERK.

Oh no, you've really hurt my feelings. Perhaps I should go on the news on an international scale and moan about it?! Pfft! Acquire a life!

You should run to your 3rd grade teacher and tell her someone called you a name. :P Love you, just teasing.

Love you too Kitty! WendyTerry420, I am loathe to lower myself to your level by insinuating that your choice is equally evident.

You don't have to. You merely have to understand the meaning of the word "ditto."

I'd love to stay and bicker pointlessly with you WendyTerry but I have to run off and do my 'daily affirmations'.... :laugh:

Enjoy! I wish you the best of luck in your fitness goals! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Pirates, common decency no longer exist sadly :frown:

I can't tell you how many times I have been called "fat girl" and honestly, I will admit I am still very much fat. But I wouldn't want for someone to put it on a receipt because I am a paying patron. If this ever happened to me, I would say "thanks captain obvious, I want to speak to your manager" but i wouldn't want to go to tv with it. :noway:

Honestly though, I couldn't order 900 bucks in food. I have a hard time ordering 20 bucks in food at a restaurant.:flowerforyou:

From the receipt it looks like the food total was $25.50, not $900.

121208032538_rcpt-circ.jpg

I don't know where Brett is seeing $900... ??

:huh:

Brett was being facetious.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

I feel the same way.

Edited to not stoop to the level of silly old lady on MFP.

Let's listen to some more Skids. :D
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Years ago my brother and his friend went to McDonalds and ordered (teens can eat a lot). When they pulled away they noticed someone wrote "garbage can" on the receipt.

He and his friend went back that night and grab the kid that waited on them (was laughing hysterically when handing food bag out the window) and tossed him into the dumpster.

They always say make the punishment fit the crime. Right?

Maybe they should put the guy who wrote this into............oh wait, that's not going to work, huh???? :laugh:

But seriously, I'd fire anyone who offended one of my customers in that manner.
  • candyass1
    Options
    Why do people get so upset when you call them fat when they are indeed fat. To help with that. Right now I am fat I'm fat and nasty I dislocated my shoulder and for the past 4 months I couldn't exercise and I got fat. When people tell me I'm fat I don't cry I say yep and I'm changing it and I am. I'm losing weight and putting muscle back on. So I'm fixing my fat problem. Personally I make fin of people who are fat and get offended when you point it out. Either own it and say I'm fat and I don't care or shut the hell up and do something about it.

Fat is not sexy fat is lazy fat is a statement and not a good one. But if you disagree and are happy being fat then **** people like me and just be happy I shouldn't bring you down. End rant I'm going to go get sexy and healthy.... **** the world :)
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I want to know if the ladies in question were fat.
    If it was the other way round and it had been labeled " fit girls"
    They woul have been really happy.
    So why should rhey be shocked if it was an accurate representation of them?

Maybe it will be the kick they need to get in shape.
    i, for one, wouldn't be all too pleased to be referred to as "hot girl" or "skinny girl"
    i don't really appreciate men qualifying me by my size or how hot or ugly i am, as qualification tends to end in a series of QUANTIFICATIONS - aka a person having their worth decided based on shallow, baseless ****
  • hpsNcrvs
    Options
    If I had been one of the 3 women, the story would've ended with...

"and the 3 fat chicks whipped his stupid *kitten*!!"
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Wow. Only 50% off the tab...really??
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I wonder if any of them are on MFP.

LOL me too
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Pirates, common decency no longer exist sadly :frown:

I can't tell you how many times I have been called "fat girl" and honestly, I will admit I am still very much fat. But I wouldn't want for someone to put it on a receipt because I am a paying patron. If this ever happened to me, I would say "thanks captain obvious, I want to speak to your manager" but i wouldn't want to go to tv with it. :noway:

Honestly though, I couldn't order 900 bucks in food. I have a hard time ordering 20 bucks in food at a restaurant.:flowerforyou:

From the receipt it looks like the food total was $25.50, not $900.

121208032538_rcpt-circ.jpg

I don't know where Brett is seeing $900... ??

:huh:

Brett was being facetious.

Well he didn't turn on his sarcasm font! :laugh:
  • bellacobelgium
    Options
    Well, the waiter was not only rude and uncalled for. He's also an effing idiot. In today's sue happy society that was a dumb thing to do.

As much as I disagree with "fat girls" being on their bill, they do seem to be making a pretty huge deal out of it.

In my opinion, calling someone an idiot is just as bad as calling people fat. If you are going to stick up for those girls being called fat and then call the guy an idiot. Don't you think that is hypocritical.

I don't think people are "complete" idiots. Just on certain situations.
    Calling someone an idiot is basically calling him stupid, dumb, moron.
    The only different between fat and idiot is that one is physical and the other is mental.
    He just made an idiot decision that night. Truth be told, it was the truth.

As we are growing up, our parents are suppose to teach us from right and wrong. Suppose to teach us from good and bad. Suppose to teach us to tell the truth and not lie., but that isn't always the case. I have notice growing up that even as an adult. You have to sugarcoat everything for people because the lack of backbone a lot of people have.

People want the truth, but if the truth hurts then you have to use Euphemisms the whole time you speak to them

I admit that a lot of people use euphemisms when they speak to people. Maybe that is why I don't have many friends cause I prefer to tell the truth truth and not use euphemisms.

I agree that the waiter did a moronic thing with the bill, but the fact that the women took it to the news was highly outrageous. The fact is that they all are highly overweight. I personally don't think that the guy should be fired. He did a stupid thing with the check because maybe he was just having a sense of humor for the night, but to fire the guy for the truth is way out of line.

So, it is okay to ruin a guys career over something that is clearly the truth is being mean on their part. I wish the civilian world was more like the military world. Just slap a article 15 on him, take some pay and give him a little manual labor so he doesn't do it again and move on with your life.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    TO: Usedtobeahusky:

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about, what's your cousin got to do with this??!

Is "ignorant" your word of the day, you certainly like to use it alot.

One last thing, thank you SOOOO much for your compliment, I am actually 10 years older than you! :bigsmile:

Wow, you do not look it! You look great! x

Thank you!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I want to know if the ladies in question were fat.
    If it was the other way round and it had been labeled " fit girls"
    They woul have been really happy.
    So why should rhey be shocked if it was an accurate representation of them?

Maybe it will be the kick they need to get in shape.
    i, for one, wouldn't be all too pleased to be referred to as "hot girl" or "skinny girl"
    i don't really appreciate men qualifying me by my size or how hot or ugly i am, as qualification tends to end in a series of QUANTIFICATIONS - aka a person having their worth decided based on shallow, baseless ****

Completely agree. In a professional setting when I am paying someone for a service, I don't want to hear their opinions of the way I look...especially if you want a tip. You also have no idea their situation, maybe they were working on getting in shape. You should be allowed to go out and have a good time regardless of your size, without having to be completely humiliated.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    It is threads like this that really make me hate some people.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I wonder if any of them are on MFP.

LOL me too

No, otherwise (given their apparent desire for publicity) they would have posted a forum thread or two about it.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I saw the news report and think that was horrible. As if being overweight weren't difficult enough without some ignoramus being insulting about it. Whether or not it's the "kick in the pants they needed" as some other poster so delicately stated, that is nobody's business but their own. They are human just like everyone else and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.
This discussion has been closed.