Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I did 5690 this past week I worked out 7 days per week though
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new joiners! Happy to see even more faces here. :)
    I have been sick this week (started feeling it on Tuesday night - and here it is - almost a week later and haven't kicked it.)

Have fit in some exercise, but it's been pretty gentle. The HRM summary suggests I did 6:02:03 (hrs, mins, seconds) of exercise for a total of 2774 calories burned. I can't remember how that compared to last week.

My plan is to see what I come up with for this week and then see what the average has been over 3 weeks, and then set a goal based on that....
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge! I don't have HRM yet, but am researching them. My trainer just recommended I get one today at the gym. I keep looking at the Polar F6 (because it's pink, I can't lie) but am wondering, do I need a chest strap for it to be better or will the watch work ok? I'm so clueless. I looked on the Polar website and what it says is included is: Polar F6 training computer,
    Polar T31 coded transmitter, and the manual. What is the transmitter? I'm so lost, but would love an accurate count. Thank you so much for all of your help.
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Jennifer, I just received my insanity. When are youplanning on starting?

I am supposed to receive it tomorrow. I will be starting on Monday! I need something to get me motivated. I was doing good for a couple of weeks now I am feeling lazy and don't feel like doing anything. I took the weekend off because I was visiting my sister. Should have went to the gym yesterday but I didn't. I figure this might be something for me to do at lunch because I live five minutes away from the office.
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Smiles i'm the same - sick! :ohwell:

Woke up on Sunday with a stuffy/runny nose and a sore throat so decided to give the gym a miss last night and think i'll do the same tonight (don't want to make myself worse), hopefully I can catch up the rest of the week. If I burn 2000cal this week i'll be happy x
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge! I don't have HRM yet, but am researching them. My trainer just recommended I get one today at the gym. I keep looking at the Polar F6 (because it's pink, I can't lie) but am wondering, do I need a chest strap for it to be better or will the watch work ok? I'm so clueless. I looked on the Polar website and what it says is included is: Polar F6 training computer,
    Polar T31 coded transmitter, and the manual. What is the transmitter? I'm so lost, but would love an accurate count. Thank you so much for all of your help.

I have the polar f6 in pink hehe and I love it. and yes you do need the chest strap as it is far more accurate than just a watch.
    HOWEVER the polar f6 comes with a chest strap already so no need to buy seperately. I'm not pro by any means but I find it very easy to use and has a simple manual inside. I am guessing the transmitter IS the chest strap since u put it on and wet it a bit and that is what transmitts ur heart rate to be shown on your watch. hope that helps!
  • bronzegemini
    bronzegemini Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    On my way to a better me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bronzegemini
    Options
    Jennifer, I just received my insanity. When are youplanning on starting?

I am supposed to receive it tomorrow. I will be starting on Monday! I need something to get me motivated. I was doing good for a couple of weeks now I am feeling lazy and don't feel like doing anything. I took the weekend off because I was visiting my sister. Should have went to the gym yesterday but I didn't. I figure this might be something for me to do at lunch because I live five minutes away from the office.

I'm starting mine this Sunday. Shawn Thompson is no joke. Just watching the infomercial got me hyped. Can you imagine being able to complete the 60 day program? I'm sure you'll get motivated once you start. My motivation is that I don't fit into any of my clothes and I refuse to buy new ones because I've then given in and accepted the weight I'm at!
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Ok, I have been going back & forth on which to do. Which do you all reccommend Insanity or P90x?
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Ok, I have been going back & forth on which to do. Which do you all reccommend Insanity or P90x?

I am starting with Insanity because you do not need any weights or equipment. P90x requires you to do pull ups and have weights and/or resistance bands. I only have weights and no way to do pull ups unless I am at the gym.

Insanity is high impact though so it is not meant for people with lower body injuries.

I hope this helped. "Keep Moving!!!"
  • bronzegemini
    Options

I am starting with Insanity because you do not need any weights or equipment. P90x requires you to do pull ups and have weights and/or resistance bands. I only have weights and no way to do pull ups unless I am at the gym.

Insanity is high impact though so it is not meant for people with lower body injuries.

I hope this helped. "Keep Moving!!!"

I agree with Jennifer, I just Insanity and my colleague got P90X. I want to build stamina and endurance so I'm starting with Insanity; he is going to start with P90X. After we complete the 60 Day program, we'll switch. So psyched.

Let's get insane with Insanity!!!! (so corny...right :laugh:)
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options

I have the polar f6 in pink hehe and I love it. and yes you do need the chest strap as it is far more accurate than just a watch.
    HOWEVER the polar f6 comes with a chest strap already so no need to buy seperately. I'm not pro by any means but I find it very easy to use and has a simple manual inside. I am guessing the transmitter IS the chest strap since u put it on and wet it a bit and that is what transmitts ur heart rate to be shown on your watch. hope that helps!

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me. =) A friend texted me last night and stated that she was given a HRM for a gift and that she has never used hers. She offered it to me, so I figured I'd give it a shot (it's free, LOL) but if that one isn't what I'm really looking for, I'm keeping the F6 in mind. =) Good to know the chest strap is included.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    glad that helped SraArroz.

well ladies I'm so happy to report that yesterday I did level 2 of the shred and burned more than ever at this lever - 320 cals.
    I really pushed myself and tried to take fewer breaks and 25mins later I was done. :smile:

hoping for a nice bike ride today.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hiked this past Sunday with my new Polar F7. Hike was 1 1/2 hours and HRM said I burned 620 calories. Very happy about that. That was my workout for the day.
  • kamanie
    kamanie Posts: 34
    Options
    I went out today and bought the Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred!!! I have heard and read only good things about it so I am going to try it out and see what it does for me. Any suggestions from you all that have been doing it? I wanted something that would give me a good workout at home so I could skip going to the gym on Sundays.

Thank You!

Kamanie
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

After my sickness Mon and Tues I went to a spin class last night and then went on the cross trainer for a while burning a total of 700cals (very pleased!).

Plan to do the same tonight :smile:

Happy exercising x
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am back from Mexico and getting back into the swing of things...except that I wore 2 different shoes today and someone was kind enough to notice it for me...sent a personal business email to my son's teacher who was also kind enough to let me know....It must be a detox of sorts

OK, so, I already ate fries and a burger for lunch today....I feel like napping...I'm cold...I still haven't put the luggage or clothes away yet...I haven't gone shopping for food and my kids are very unhappy with me...I have to work tomorrow thru Monday...and, one of the dogs peed on the carpet...where are those damn mimosas when you need them

Anyway, now that I have posted I feel motivated to start moving my booty...going to try and do the shred #1 today...at least, it's a start...I have to start training for the Warrior Dash.

Glad you guys are here!!! I need to get motivated again

Lastly, heard on the news today that a study was done on middle-aged women. To maintain their weight as they get older, they needed to exercise an hour a day. They studied these women for 13 years. Duh...I could have told you that. So, I think the 3500 calories a week is actually a good goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am back from Mexico and getting back into the swing of things...except that I wore 2 different shoes today and someone was kind enough to notice it for me...sent a personal business email to my son's teacher who was also kind enough to let me know....It must be a detox of sorts

OK, so, I already ate fries and a burger for lunch today....I feel like napping...I'm cold...I still haven't put the luggage or clothes away yet...I haven't gone shopping for food and my kids are very unhappy with me...I have to work tomorrow thru Monday...and, one of the dogs peed on the carpet...where are those damn mimosas when you need them

Anyway, now that I have posted I feel motivated to start moving my booty...going to try and do the shred #1 today...at least, it's a start...I have to start training for the Warrior Dash.

Glad you guys are here!!! I need to get motivated again

Lastly, heard on the news today that a study was done on middle-aged women. To maintain their weight as they get older, they needed to exercise an hour a day. They studied these women for 13 years. Duh...I could have told you that. So, I think the 3500 calories a week is actually a good goal.

Keep up the good work everyone!!

Hey Kim,
    Welcome back....I heard about that same study on the news the other night. I had the same reaction you did...
    Talk soon
  • twt1999bird
    Options
    Sorry I have been on lately. I will be try to get in the swing of things this week but it may have to wait another week. I just lost my father on Wednesday and was not in the mood to do anything or nor do I care what I eat. I wanted to pop up to see if I can motivate myself but naaaa, don't feel like it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • bronzegemini
    Options
    Sorry I have been on lately. I will be try to get in the swing of things this week but it may have to wait another week. I just lost my father on Wednesday and was not in the mood to do anything or nor do I care what I eat. I wanted to pop up to see if I can motivate myself but naaaa, don't feel like it.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jennifer, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Lisa