Plus Size Barbies - Week 1

Options
Week 1: 03/29/10 - 04/04/10

Challenge: This week challenge is going to be a little different since it is our first week.
Things to get done sometime this week...
1. Introduction (Introduce your self, tells us why you joined the group, what you hope to get out of it, tell us about what you do on your weight loss plan)
2. Set Goals (Let us know what your weight loss goals are)
3. Things you wanna change ( Let us know what are the things you wanna change about yourself, can be personal and weight loss related)
4. Take Before Pictures (Take pictures hopefully you will take this this Monday, post them on your profile)
5. Get starting sizes (What size clothes do you wear now, and I mean wear comfortable..I'm going to go to walmart and try on some clothes and probably get my before pics there in the dressing room)
***THIS WEEKS DAILY CHALLENGE: Find and post one postive thing about your self (Things you like about yourself, or even if someone says something good about you)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weigh In: This is where I will post what your weigh in post should look like!
Highest Weight: (your highest weight you started losing weight at)
Goal Weight: (your ultimate goal weight)
P.S.B Starting Weight: (your starting weight for Plus Size Barbies, as of 03/29/10)
Week 1 Goal: (your goal weight for week 1, weigh in date will be this coming up fri, sat, sun)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay yall I got this weeks thread out a little early due to family viewing tomorrow for my uncle. I wish everyone good luck. This week's challenge was a little different then the others will be, hope yall don't mind all the work! I'm so glad that we all are in this together!!!

God Bless and lets rock this PLUS SIZE BARBIES!!!

Replies

• futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    My name is Amanda I am 25 I am a 911 dispatcher in Texas. The few posts I have read about this group y'all all sound so nice. This is my first week and I have done relatively well. Monday I am gonna start walking 3 days a week with my mom. I started out weighting 371.6 I wear size 30 in pants and a size 4x-5x depending on where I buy my clothes from. The only thing I can think of is most people compliment my red hair and my laugh. One other thing do you just want frontal pictures or side ones also?
    Goal weight for first week is 2 pounds.

Sw. 371.6
    Cw. 367.4
    Gw. 140-150
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Ruth and I live my life in a cubical. I joined the group since I would have motivation and support from people that are in the same boat as me. I am currently working out with a trainer twice a week and go to the gym five times a week. My goal is a total of 102 lbs since I start the journey and 98 lbs since I started on MFP. I want to be able to buy shirts with out having to go up sizes just because of my arms, and I want to be able to visit my friends that live on the beach and not be embarassed to be seen in a swimsuit. I will try and take a picture on monday. I am currently in a size 18 and a 1x.

Challenge: Just with loosing the 16 lbs I am starting to love my back.

HW: 242
    CW:226
    GW: 140
    1 week goal weight: 224

(sorry for your loss NewMe)
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I've looked at other groups but never quite found one that made me want to join. This name is too cute! Sounds like it was started by people with goals similar to mine. I'm excited to have people to help keep me in line.

I joined MFP last year and lost 20 lbs. Got lazy and gained back 30... So I am back again because I KNOW this works if you stick with it. My high weight on 3/13/10 was 260. This morning I was at 252.5. My goal is to lose a minimum of 5 lbs a month over 18 months to get down to 170 lbs (the high end of a healthy BMI for my height). I also joined Curves(a women's only gym) and am setting a goal to go a minimum of 3 times a week.

Things I want to change, hmm.... I want to be healthy and not worry about dying young or getting sick because of my weight. I want to be able to climb 5 flights of stairs without thinking I'm going to die (tried that on Thursday, glad no one saw me hyperventalating afterward). I want to be able to see a picture of myself without cringing.

Currently wearing a size 20. I've been shopping at Lane Bryant for my entire adult life. I'm afraid of going under a size 14 and having to find a new place to shop.

I have amazing green eyes with super long curly lashes!

I've been asking my boyfriend to find the power cord for our digital camera for over a week. I'll get pics up ASAP.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin and I'm 17. I'm starting my second term of college on Monday and I joined MFP because I want to feel more like in fit in at school. I joined this group because I find it easier to hold myself accountable when I have people who know what I need to be doing. Since joining MFP in early March I've found it fairly easy to change up my eating habits, but exercise it a tough one for me. I have trouble working up the motivation to do it. I try to take my 18 month old nephew for a walk every day, and I make it to Curves whenever I can. This summer I want to be a little more comfortable in a bathing suit. I currently wear size 18 jeans and an XL top, I want to end up in a size 10 jean and an M/L top. I'll try to upload a picture this week. I'm 5'7'' and today I weigh 232.4 and I have 67 lbs to lose before I reach my goal weight.

HW - 258
    CW - 232.4
    GW - 165
    Week 1 Goal - 231

This weeks daily challenge - I'm lucky enough to have my extra weight distribute evenly, making for an hourglass shape that makes me look smaller that I am. Love that!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jesyka and I am a 21 year old mother to two. I have two daughters, one who is almost three and one who is 5 weeks old. I am a stay at home mom/homemaker and I am working on losing baby weight and then some. I'm joining this group because it sounds fun, and all the extra motivation is needed. Right now my weight loss plan is really just watching my caloric intake, Breastfeeding, and cardio workouts at home. I go walking everyday which is helping as well as getting at least 8 glasses of water in me a day.

Right now I'm in a size 18 for pants. Tops [pre breastfeeding] is XL-1X Right now it's more 1X-2X.

Challenge-I'm a great mom :)

HW:236lbs
    GW: 150lbs
    P.S.B SW:216lbs
    Week 1 Goal:be under 215lbs
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    Hello Plus Size Barbies! My name is Tina, not short for anything, just plain old Tina. lol I am going to be 33 years old on April 5th, and it's freakin me out. I am happily married with 2 beautiful girls, Angelina is 8 and Arianna is 3 years old. I live in Newport Michigan, which is right next to Monroe MI. I am a stay at home mommy, haven't worked in 4 years now. Since joining MFP 11 weeks ago, I lost 20 lbs. I am very excited to join this group, because I think I need some challenges to push me along, and motivation is something I NEED. :smooched: Right now, I am in a size 24 pants (they are loose!) and I THOUGHT I was still wearing a 22/24 top, until I went to Fashin bug on Friday and bought a size 18/20 top!!!!!!! :bigsmile: Right now, my goal is to get into a nice size 18, because I am 5'8 so I am on the taller side for a girl. I posted my FULL BODY shot for all you ladies, so I have met that goal.

Challenge: One positive thing about me, is I always try and stay positive, even when things are going crappy, I still try and look on the bright side. I have been nervous to post my weight, but now I am like Who Gives a ****? So here goes girls.

Highest Weight: 314
    Goal Weight: 200 (for now!)
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 297.5 (YES, I am up)
    Week 1 Goal: 295.5
  • NewMe80xoxo
    NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
    Options
    Challenge:

1. Introduction:
    Hey yall my name is Amanda. I sell AVON. I'm just your down to earth country girl. I love fishing, mudding, fourwheeling. I made this group for people like me that has way more to lose than just 20 lbs. This group is a long term thing for me and hopefully for yall too. We all need support and thats what we are here for! I start trying to lose weight this time last year and never got serious about it. I finally got serious about losing weight on 09-01-09 and I start at 210 and got down to like 198 lbs. But I didn't get it all that I could have gave it and with the holidays and family coming to stay with us I just didn't stay on plan. Good news is after going off plan for 4 months I only gained like 4 lbs back. So that aint to bad. My plan is to portion control my food, no late night eatting, no adding salt to my food, drinking only water, exercising 5 days a week. I'm here to support anyone that needs it because I know I sure do. Everyone around me don't think I can do this but I'm so sick of starting and failing on this road! Lets do this Plus Size Barbies (thanks to tinabosquez for the lovely name) and remember yall if yall ever wanna buy from AVON let me know!!!!

2. Set Goals: My weight loss goal are...
    Weight: 130 lbs
    Shirt Size: Small - Medium
    Pant Size: 7
    Goal Date: I would love to have this by June 1, 2011

3. Things you wanna change: This I wanna change about myself...
    Weight loss/Health wise...
    * Be able to run 3 miles at one time
    * Be able to go shopping and find clothes easy and fast and be able to shop anywhere I wanna
    * Be able to wear a two piece bathing suit
    * Be healthy
    * Whiter teeth
    * Take more care of my hair
    * Stop biting and picking at my nails
    Personal Wise....
    * Be come more oragainzed
    * Become postive

4. Take Before Pictures: I will have these posted on my profile by Monday sometime.

5. Get starting sizes: I will have these also by Monday I think I'm a pant size 18 and a shirt size 2 xl

***THIS WEEKS DAILY CHALLENGE: I will post this one daily on here for that day

Weigh In:
    Highest Weight: 210
    Goal Weight: 130
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 199.8
    Week 1 Goal: 199
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey PSB's!! My name in Evelyn aka Evie. Im 25 years old and a full time college student. I work full-time as well so my schedule is super busy all the time! At this point i have a lot of weight to loose and lots of shaping up to do! I joined this group so that we can all help & motivate each other along the way! I want to stop eating crap, late night eating, and random snacking. I know we can all do this just gotta stick to it!

Goals:
    Starting Weight: 230 lbs
    Current Weight: 219 lbs
    Goal weight: 125-130lbs by March/April 2011
    Starting sizes as of today: Pants/Jeans: 16...Tops: XL
    Goal sizes: Pants/Jeans: 5/6-7/8....Tops: Small/Medium

Thing i want to change:
    Be able to run around the park. i think it like 5 miles, at once
    Shop quickly & effortlessly
    look good No matter what i put on
    Getting into a bathing suit by summer 2011
    START my masters degree by 2011

My full body shot will be up by tomorrow! :smile:

Lets stay positive girls, we can do this together! ^_^

<3 EVIE
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Tina you are exactly 7 days younger then me. I turn 33 on monday. This is the first year where I feel like I am in my 30s ick.
  • goodgalpal
    goodgalpal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 03/29/10 - 04/04/10

Introduction:
    My name is Andrea. I am 31 yrs old, will be 32 in September. I am married (almost 8 years!) and no children yet but would like to start a family in 1-2 years. I am in nursing school full time right now but have a previous degree since I am changing careers.

I just joined PSB because I need a support system since none of my "real life" friends seem to understand what I am doing or how it makes me feel. I go through a lot of emotions and it feels like they are not really there for me in some ways. They try, but they don't really get it.

My weight loss plan right now consists of eating as healthy as I can with my busy lifestyle, and drinking plenty of water. Hubby and I eat organically most of the time, and don't eat meat unless it is wild caught/free range/grass fed/local. I do not exersize nearly enough and I must start that. I hit my first plateau this past week and have been 264lb for the whole week, which bums me out. I'm just 5ft tall so this is a ton of weight for my frame.

Weight loss goals:
    My main goals are to lose weight so that I can be healthy and live a longer and happier life. I want to do it so I can start my budding family off on the right track and not have my child(ren) learn horrible food habits from me. They will probably already have the genetic predisposition and I don't want them to have a life of poor health and fatness. I also want to feel better and have more energy, and of course look better as well.

Things you wanna change:
    I'd like to change my habits in a lot of ways. I want to get in a better routine as far as planning meals, getting enough nutrients each day, exercising regularly (most days of the week), and to continue eating organic/sustainable/ethical foods. I want to have enough energy to help me keep up with my life... school, cleaning, family, friends... I think being so obese makes it harder for me than the average person to do the typical things that I should be able to do. I want to watch less tv and I want to do more pleasure reading. I would love to be an updated version of a 1950's housewife (but to have a job too). Basically, I want to be perfect.

Take Before Pictures: In progress

What size clothes do you wear now?
    This is quite the range. I can wear a size 20 in some things (rare) but I can go up to a max of 26 in other things. I would say a good average outfit I would wear a size 22. One thing that drives me bonkers is that I can't find anything off the rack to fit my short, apple-shaped body.

***THIS WEEKS DAILY CHALLENGE: Find and post one postive thing about your self (Things you like about yourself, or even if someone says something good about you):
    ~I think I have pretty hair, and last week I was complimented on my hair several times.

Highest Weight: 273
    Goal Weight: 160 for now (will assess again when I get there... maybe 120-130 range? I'm short!!!)
    "Plus Size Barbies" Starting Weight: 264 (plateau!)
    Week 1 Goal: 262 (want to lose 2lbs a week if possible)
  • Ecourter22509
    Options
    Hi my name is Liz, im pretty sure I have never been happy with my body. I love to be part of this because I need people to push me or I will never get up and do it myself. My biggest goal is to be in great shape by Aug, I have to major vaca and ill be in my bathing suit for both trips. I dont really care so much as to what my overall weight is I just would love to look nice and feel comfortable in my bathing suit,( I think we all would lol). I however do want to get eventually down to 140ish which I have weighed since I was in I think 8th grade. My first goal get back to where I was a year ago 175, then continue down the path to healthy living from there!

Ive never been confident I pretend I dont care what people think of me but I truely do, which I think get me more depressed and I go into this mode like "screw it nothing I do work ill never be skinny" and so on and so forth and then I dont lose anything. So I would just like to feel confident enought that i dont have to feel like that anymore!

I want to feel beautiful no matter what I wear instead of trying everything on in my closet and then settleing on an oversize hoddie which I know covers eveything up.

goal 1:175lbs
    goal 2:150lbs
    goal 3:140lbs

finally goal: be the girl everyone is jelous of....
  • Jparadise72
    Options
    iNtRo:
    My name is Jessica, I am 28 yrs old. I'm married and have 5 kids (2 of them are step). I live in St George Ut, it is at the south end of Ut about an 1hr & 1/2 away from Vegas!! WAHOO :bigsmile: I have struggled with weight my whole life, and now I'm am at my heaviest ever 240. I am a stay at home wife, maid and mommy! I love it and I'm so grateful my hubby loves me chubby or thin. (I'm sure he prefers my thin side though!) I am ready to change and become more healthy and SEXY :wink:

wEiGhT lOsS gOaLs :
    My goal weight is 150. But I have decided that I will and try to loose at least 2-3pounds a week. SOOO this might take awhile! that's 90pounds to go.

SoMe tHiNgS i wAnT tO ChAnGe ArE:
    Eating habits, portion sizes and what I put in my mouth. I struggle with over eating and always wanting to feel full. Then I figure that I need a treat after every meal. So I need to change the way I'm thinking and my actions. I want to be a better example for my kids.

BeFoRe pIc: posted on my profile.. (does it need to be my main pic?)

sIzE oF cLoThEs: I wear a TIGHT 16. and xl shirt. I would like to fit into a 12 and Med shirt

ThIs WeEkS cHaLlAnGe: I like my legs. I have great toned legs :smile:
    ................................................................................................................................................
    CURRENT WEIGHT - 241 ( yes I gained :grumble: )
    WEEK ONE GOAL - 238
    GOAL WEIGHT - 150
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    1. INTRO

Hi, I'm Reanna. I'm 30 years old (yikes!) and have been married for almost 11 years. We have 4 children who are all lovely, 2 girls and 2 boys. I'm also a certified teacher (unemployed at the moment thx to the economy). I joined the group mainly because I need some motivation and support from people who are in my boat. :) I hope to lose some weight through this journey so I can feel great about myself again. Currently, I have changed my eating habits and well the whole family's eating habits over the past few months. We went from eating alot of preprocessed foods to eating mostly fresh veggies and fruits. I am going to try and work out at least 4 or 5 times a week. I have a few dvd workouts, 30 day shred, biggest loser bootcamp, pilates one. So my plan is to do a mixture of workouts during the week and walk as much as I can.

2. GOALS

Starting Weight : 220 lbs.
    Mini Goal 1 : 200 lbs.
    Mini Goal 2 : 180 lbs.
    Mini Goal 3 : 160 lbs.
    Mini Goal 4 : 140 lbs.

Ultimate Goal : 135 lbs.

3. CHANGES

Things I would like to change would be as follows:

Be healthier, Fit into smaller clothes, be able to see myself in pics without being disgusted, keep up with my kids, exercise more, eat better, and ultimately feel sexy and feel great about myself.

4. PICTURES

There is one before and after pic up on my profile but yes I plan to take the front, side, back pics tomorrow or tonight and post those up. (God knows I'll dread that but it does help!) :)

5. SIZES

Right now I wear a size 20 pants (OMG) and a L to XL top. Most of my weight is in my booty, hips, tummy and thighs....the very places we all do not want the most weight.!!! :(

Daily Challenge : I always get complimented on my hair, eyes, and personality. I'm a great listener and I'm a very creative person. People always tell me I have a pretty face (probably because they ignore the lower half of my body). hahaha

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

WEIGH IN

HW --- 240 (I think)
    GW --- 135 (I'll take 200 for right now)
    PSB W --- 220
    Wk 1 GW --- 218 if possible (more will be greatly appreciated)
  • 30by30girl
    Options
    hi, I just joied MFP yesterday and came looking for some people to hook up with and stumbled onto this group. Am I too late to join? My name is Kelly and I am a stay at home Mommy, Mon - Sat, I work on Sundays at a hotel front desk. I homeschool my two older boys and am pretty involved in out church. keeps me busy and it also keeps me reaching for food to tame the stress. A lot of what has been posted above really resonates with me, such as I too want to set good eating habits for my kids, I want to be the girl that others are jealous of, well not really jealous of but you know what I am talking about. I work with three real life barbies, super thin, blond, single, gorgeous girls. And then there is me, 5' tall, very overweight, dark brown hair, and married with 3 kids. Oh and did I mention that they are all older than me, it just seems like something is wrong here!

My goals:
    Starting Weight is 213 lbs.
    Goal 1: lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30 in August

Changes: My family eats way too much fast food and candy and not nearly enough fresh veggies. I want to set a better example so my kids eat better. My oldest and youngest are thin but my 8 year old is getting super chunky like his Dad and I and I need to help him and myself out.

Pictures: I will work on this! I promise!

Sizes: I wear a size 20 pant and a 2x shirt

Daily Challenge: I think I am actually pretty just can't see it through all this fat! And I try my best to serve God with all my heart, and be the best Mom/Wife I can be!

I am so excited about finding this group, I hope I didn't crash it or anything. If there is something I need to do to sign up to be a part of it, let me know!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Well my name is Jenn and Im 29 and live in windsor, ont, canada. I just graduated on march 12 as a Physical Therapist Assistant and haven't found a job yet which is bad for having no money but great since I can workout 2-3 times a day again.

I have been over weight all my life and in June 07 I had lost 50lbs, met my bf and gained 30 back. I did lose that 30 but gained 25 of it back by the time school ended.

The reason I going PSB is because I am pretty much losing weight alone (even though my bf should be too) so I need all the support and motivation I can get. I find whenever I have the support and ppl to talk to its easier. I love being able to connect with ppl that are in the same boat I am.

Right now I am in a size 16/18 pants and an XL shirt.

My before picture is actually on my profile. I am wearing a brown sweater. That was taken at my heaviest.

Daily challenge: I love my eyes and smile.

HW: 230
    GW: 130
    PSB Starting weight: 203.2

Week1 Goal: 201.2
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Michelle, I am mom to 5 children, Sarah is 5 and Maria is 3 and my triplets will be 18 months on Thursday. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. My sister, a friend and my dad decided we wanted to do a triatholon in June. I hit rock bottom with my weight in January, I find food my drug of choice. I love to eat and I pick a lot, which is why I have the extra weight. I seem to have the exercise under control, but still cannot stop eating. I picked on my kids food. Following MFP i have done that much less, but I still have my bad days. The kdis have been stressing me out lately which has not helped with the eating, because food is my friend.

Weight
    HW - 281
    CW/PSB - 229.7
    GW - 150
    GW EOW - 228 (pre second child weight)

I am working on pictures, my husband is out of town so I do not have a picture taker for me.

Size - 20 pants and 2x tops, goal - 8/10 pants and m/l top

Changes - I am sick of being the fattest person in the room. I want to be better role models to all my kids. I want not to be tired al the time and be healthy. I want to be able to complete a triatholon in 1 hour 45 minutes. I also do not want to be embarressed by the way the look and find clothes that are not frumpy looking.

Weekly goal - people tell me I am a great mom and my kids are great.
  • Betten
    Betten Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is it ok if I join?

1. Introductions: My name is Betsy and I am a counselor. I am married and a mom to two wonderful children. My son is two and my daughter is 4 weeks. I am on maternity leave for another two months and would really like to loose some weight before i go back!

2. My overall goal is 165 (I have to change my counter), but my mini goal right now is to be 199.

3. I want to change my lifestyle, I would like to start eating more organic and much less processed foods. I really want to be a role model for my children to live healthy.

4. Ill get my husband to take pics tomorrow.

5. I wear a size 16 pants and XL shirt. I would love to be a size 10!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weigh In: 212
    Highest Weight: 221 (right after my pregnancy)
    Goal Weight: 165
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 212
    Week 1 Goal: 209
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • 30by30girl
    Options
    Day 1 went pretty well, I worked out a little, stayed within my calories, and drank my water. The problem? I AM STARVING! I did go over on my fat calories some, but I am so hungry. I just want to pop a bag of popcorn and scarf it down. I am trying to stay in control!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    1. Introduction:
    *grins* Hola, I'm Jade, and I sell Mary Kay. (Sorry, NewMe, I had to- I am giggling the whole while). I'm also a photographer, so yeah. I'm 28, big, and beautiful. I hit rock bottom a few weeks ago, and burst into tears in my office, because I felt so ugly, so entirely horrible about myself. I never. Ever. Want to do that again.

2. Set Goals: My weight loss goal are...
    Weight: 150
    Shirt Size: Medium
    Pant Size: um. No idea.
    Goal Date: April 1, 2013. (calculating at 1 lb per week for 155 lbs lost)

3. Things you wanna change: This I wanna change about myself...
    Weight loss/Health wise...
    * Be able to run on the beach.
    * Shop.
    * Be healthy.
    * Be able to have kids.
    * Whiter teeth
    * Take more care of my hair
    * Stop biting and picking at my nails
    Personal Wise....
    * Self confidence would be nice.
    * More courage.

4. Take Before Pictures: I will have these posted on my profile by Monday sometime.

5. Get starting sizes:
    Pants: 26
    Shirts: 4x

Weigh In:
    Highest Weight: 330.6
    Goal Weight: 150-165
    P.S.B Starting Weight: 319.6
    Week 1 Goal: 318.2
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Ready for week one. Weighed in to show my starting weight for psb it is 365. Gonna try to cook more meals and workout at least 3 times a Week.