How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of half & half and about a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. It's really not a lot of extra calories, but I also don't drink a dozen cups every day. Three, maybe four cups on the weekends isn't enough for me to worry about trying artificial whiteners and sweeteners (most give me migraines anyway).
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Two mugs in the morning, black...two VERY LARGE mugs, BTW.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    I like it Strong and black! like my women lol.

Sorry i couldn't resist. that is how i like my coffee... and that is kinda my type too lol.

I used to drink it with cream, but cream and suger was too much for me... tasted good, but didn't taste like coffee.

You'll develop a taste for black coffee, otherwise you'll just have to make do with the nonfat creamers and fake sugars (that have health/weightloss draw backs of thier own), or figure out a way to fit the calories of the cream and sugar into your daily intake.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Instant coffee hermaseta (:-( ) skimmed milk
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Strong and black
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,

Just wondering how you all take your coffee is you're counting calories. I LOVE coffee, have an addiction I can admit to it LOL. But I take mine with cream and sugar, I've tried it Black, black with just sugar and I can't any other way. However, I am not into sugar substitutes (used to use splenda all the time) because I am trying to eat more "clean". So I am wondering will I have to forfeit my coffee (I almost shed a tear typing that) or is there a healthier way to drink coffee with the flavor I like? Also I am watching carb intake for Insulin Resistance/PCOS

I tried truvia today and its the best "fake" sugar ive tasted so far lol
    but the carb count is 3 per packet
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I count the half and half I add...I use stevia, so I don't count that. If I get something some Starbucks I log that based on the stats on their website.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Black. Used to put flavored creamer and sugar in it but once I seen the calories and crap that was in it. I started drinking it black. Didn't take long to get used to at all.
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I use Splenda and a tablespoon of fat-free creamer per cup - creamer is only 25-30 calories, depending on the brand and/or flavor. I could never give up my coffee!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    At home: with a splash of either unsweetened vanilla almond milk or unsweetened almond/coconut blend (Blue Diamond).

At work: it's a bit strong/bitter so I add a packet of Splenda and a "cow egg" of 1/2 & 1/2

At Mom's: black or with a splash of 1% depending on the flavor (she's got a Keurig and several samples on hand)
  • brookea87
    brookea87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Black, 4 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup, 1/4-1/2 cup of non fat milk; approx 50 calories
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For the first few weeks, cream in my coffee was my indulgence. By the third week, I was feeling less like I needed that particular indulgence and switched to to 2%.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    10% half and half with sugar. About 80 calories a mug. Worth every calorie, too.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I take mine with just a splash of milk.

I used to only be able to drink it with two spoonfuls of sugar and a ton of milk. It takes a while to be able to develop your taste for it, but it's so much better this way now that I think about it!
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    through an IV line.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    High-quality, home-roasted, fresh-ground, AeroPress'd 20g/10oz or as a double-shot of espresso pulled from a non-pressurized Gaggia.

Don't go putting **** in my cup, either. I actually like coffee for coffee, not as a flavoring for my sugarcream.
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I don't...coffee gives me a headache unfortunately. I used to love it though. Now I love my tea, orange pekoe, green, chai, whatever without anything in it--that's the way I used to dirnk my coffee too. I drank it for flavor, not the kick.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I use liquid creamer and stevia. I just can't do black!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons of fat free french vanilla creamer and 1 teaspoon of sugar (cut down from 2!)

Now that I've been looking at my intake, I think I need to find a flavored creamer with less sugar.. I'm not worried about the fat
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    with unsweetened almond milk (30 cal per cup) and stevia ( no cals)