How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• twright513
    Options
    so many options - black, with a little half and half, espresso shots, or lattes. lol!! love me some coffee!!
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Like my women......STRONG!
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to be a cream and sugar kind of girl, but now I'm a CoffeeMate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream kind of girl. It's 35 cal per tablespoon, so it's not too bad. It's got nonfat milk, heavy cream, and sugar.

That being said, I have been playing around with protein powders, and found Nectar Sweets Vanilla Bean Torte, which tastes to me like cake batter, so I have been adding that to my coffee to get a protein boost. Makes my coffee creamy and sweet without all of the fat.
  • zombiekookie
    zombiekookie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Working on just black. Trying to avoid americanos. My treat coffee is a cafe au lait, ie coffee and steamed milk.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    black
  • wonderfulboodad
    Options
    I take mine in a mug....Oh and I drink it as it comes out of the Keurig black.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,

Just wondering how you all take your coffee is you're counting calories. I LOVE coffee, have an addiction I can admit to it LOL. But I take mine with cream and sugar, I've tried it Black, black with just sugar and I can't any other way. However, I am not into sugar substitutes (used to use splenda all the time) because I am trying to eat more "clean". So I am wondering will I have to forfeit my coffee (I almost shed a tear typing that) or is there a healthier way to drink coffee with the flavor I like? Also I am watching carb intake for Insulin Resistance/PCOS

Vanilla flavored Coconut milk is going to be your best bet and it tastes good too.

I either drink my coffee plain black or if I want a dessert like drink, then I add Vanilla flavored Coconut milk.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Real Stevia (not truvia) and whole milk.

or

with protein done up as a protein latte.

Real stevia - 0 carbs. A serving is 42mg in total weight. There's no room for hidden carbohydrates that magically disappear on nutritional labels.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Black.

It's the only way to really enjoy the flavour of a good cup-o-joe.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free creamer and that's all.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Black with Splenda or Stevia. In my opinion, milk, creamers or other additives with flavors take away the real flavor of a good cup of coffee.
  • x_ItNeverEnds_x
    Options
    Black
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    For my personal type of diet, I try to get more fat in because my carbs are pretty low for certain days. So my coffee typically consists of 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream, small amount of almond milk, and a little sugar free torini syrup. It's 1g of carbs but probably not what your looking for since it's about 60 calories. So two cups adds up. XP
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Like my women . . . piping hot, fresh, dark, and bitter.

eta- without a drop of sweetness or cream.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Soy creamer, hazelnut flavor with a packet of truvia
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    In a cup or a mug, unadulterated.
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    I either drink mine black, with skim milk, 1% if I know that I haven't a great fat intake that day, or with skim and cinnamon if I'm feeling adventurous.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I generally drink cappucinos and lattes (freshly ground beans, home espresso machine) made with 2% milk, no sugar or flavoring, except sometimes after a long run. Or I have a straight espresso or Americano (espresso with hot water added).

When I was losing (maintaining now), I did switch to regular almond milk (slightly sweetened) for awhile to save a little on calories.
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    Cream is Clean! And for the amout of Unclean a packet or 2 of splenda are Its not worth giving up the coffee.. If thats really one of the few un-natural things you put in you body that minimal amount will not affect anything you are doing.. So if you use the cream your looking at less than 60 calories a cup or 40 if you use light cream.. I'll take it! I cannot do stevia except in oatmean or food because the aftertaste is too bitter for me..
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Black, with a dash of cold water.