How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    2 cups a day (1 splenda and 3 teaspoons of powder creamer)
    If I have a third cup in the afternoon it's almost always black.

I will never give up my coffee :-)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have the keurig, different flavour every morning and I use sucanat 3 teaspoons and coffee mate 1.5 to 2 teaspoons
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Black since I was 12 years old. Before then a ton of cream and sugar. My mother used to warm my bottles by adding coffee, and I wonder why I'm addicted to caffiene.

On rare occasion I'll add hot-cocoa to my coffee but I still take it black.

I also occasionally, very occasionally like a skim cappuccino and there's a place the next town over that does toasted marshmallow lattes.

But it's 98% black coffees, 1% with hot cocoa and 1% of the time it's a toasted marshmallow latte.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I like the really dark roasts, like French or Italian. I use honey & a little bit of milk.
  • latanya0103
    Options
    I do fat free creamer and splender. Its about 30 calories. After cleaning the bathroom or kitchen you have pretty much worked it off.
  • am06or
    am06or Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take mine with one sugar and a splash of milk or cream for about 30-odd calories. You have two choices here. 1. Take your coffee as you normally do and work it into your calories for the day or 2. Cut down on the amount of sugar, cream or both that you put in your coffee.

Sugar is only 15 calories per teaspoon and cream is about 20 calories per tablespoon. You would need quite an amount of both to make a highly caloric coffee. Slowly ease up on the amount of both you use per day if you need to shave calories. You get used to it fairly quickly (I cut my sugar and cream use in half).

This^ I did the same thing I now have zero sugar and a splash of cream down from 2 sugars and a ton of milk.... think latte... lol but now I can't stand it with sugar *blah*
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also am an Insulin resistant/PCOS sufferer. I go through periods where I give up caffeine for awhile because it's really not good for us PCOS girls. *sigh* But I just miss it so when I get off it, even after the "darkness" of caffeine withdrawls. But I always come back to my mood enhancing mistress. Now, I have come to terms that I love it too much to give it up, despite it's ill affects on my hormones. But ,I try to smart about it if I'm going to partake. I too, am focusing on clean eating and this is what I do. Firstly, before I have my coffee, I make sure to have some sort of protein or healthy fat (a few raw almonds usually). That way my coffee doesn't spike my blood sugar. I take my coffee with 2 tsp of organic sugar (a little more expensive but this is the only time I really use sugar during the day so it lasts a long time) and either 2 TBS of half and half (regular, not non-fat. The non-fat has corn syrup and some other junk in it, and for only saving 20 calories no thank you) or I use about a quarter cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (8 calories). So, 1st option has 70 calories a mug and the 2nd option has just under 50 calories. I try to limit myself to one cup in the morning, but there are often times when I will have a 2nd cup later in the day (rarely a 3rd cup, but it happens). Like most on here, I just make room in my daily calories for my coffee. But if you don't want to give it up, just be as smart about it as possible, because it does affect us more than the general population. Hope that helps girl!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This was the easiest thing for me to delete totally, but honestly I only drank one cup in the morning during the cold months. So wasnt hard to give up. Now diet sodas, took me 3 or 4 months to totally cut them out.
  • Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like my sugar milk with a splash of coffee
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    through an IV line.

^^^This!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    black if i am just having it at home

but i love a good latte too
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free Half and Half and Truvia (stevia) in mine. I refuse to give up my coffee! I have been drinking it since I was two. Yes, I said two!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Black but flavored I like the taste of black coffee but find that a flavored K Cup or coffee gives it a nice hint of sweetness to balance the bitterness. I've never taken my coffee with cream or sugar. I used to have it with Skim Milk but found that watered it down even more. I really only ever drink hot coffee after a meal when they offer it at a restaurant (Pier 4 in Boston has the best coffee ever, lol my family does an X-mas trip here every year and I always look forward to that) I feel like Iced Coffee has the tendency to get watered down anyway so it's much better black. If it's a really strong dark brew I'll add a Splenda or half a Truvia packet. I don't like to drink my calories and hate the milky taste that milk adds to coffee.
    Although I just saw these Almond Joy creamer things at Walmart and I am really tempted to buy those cos I'm obsessed with coconut! I almost always drink Coconut flavored coffee. Island Coconut K cups and Iced Coconut coffee from Dunkins are my favorite!
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the postings and take my coffee black, but my suggestion is getting a pure stevia. Truvia still has chemicals in it. Stevia in the Raw, or go to health food stores they carry stevia (I was introduced to it in 2000). I don't like the idea of the sugar substitutes because I think they can contribute to insulin resistance. I trust plants, not chemists ;-) Good luck, and don't give up that coffee!
  • Karryl
    Options
    I usually have a Starbucks Via packet, add chocolate almond milk, ice and some vanilla or chocolate protein powder. If not sweet enough, I add Ideal sweetener ( I think it's a blend of xylitol and stevia?). Tastes great!
  • Karryl
    Options
    I usually have a Starbucks Via packet, add chocolate almond milk, ice and some vanilla or chocolate protein powder. If not sweet enough, I add Ideal sweetener ( I think it's a blend of xylitol and stevia?). Tastes great!:flowerforyou:
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of high calorie coffee a day. One very large cup of coffee with flavored creamer and milk. I used to have two or three. Now it's just the one. Not giving it up for anything so it has to fit into my calories.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Frequently.

But seriously, I have it with milk. Semi-skimmed milk, because skimmed makes crappy coffee. No sugar, because ick.
    I'll have it black, if I'm in the mood. I don't log the calories because I don't use heaps of milk and it's never affected my weight loss at all.
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Decaffienated.

Sometimes with a little 2% milk.
    Sometimes as a latte.
    Sometimes I add a shot to homemade banana,honey, peanut butter and cinnamon smoothie.
    Sometimes with vanilla extract.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Either iced or hot in the morning, with a little cream, no sugar