1200-1500 calorie eaters...serious question...

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I eat at 1300 on days when I don't exercise (closer to 1700 when I do) and am just not was hungry as I was a month ago when I started logging. I used to eat only twice a day, now I eat three times, sometimes four. That helps a lot, even if they are not big meals. That helps A LOT.

I did start out at 1200 but upped it after a couple of weeks. Was too hungry. When I inevitably plateau, I know I'll probably have to up another 100 calories.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and was NOT hungry on 1,200-1,300 Gross my body was shutting down after months of this. I have bumped it to 1,450 Net and now I am hungry before I eat, planning on bumping it more this week. Within days I was losing again after a short plateau.
  • 2BeFit4Jesus
    Options
    128803233166408226.jpg

I'm confused :ohwell:

That's what happens when people post pictures instead of thinking.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I eat on most days between 1200 and 1500 but my net is much lower usually as I don't typically eat back exercise calories. I often fight hunger but I feel that I have found a good balance. I am 6' tall and 233 pounds.
  • kmorg22
    kmorg22 Posts: 180
    Options
    I am a 1200 cal gal.....

no I do not stay hungry all the time. Buttttt I do have my days where I feel like I am starving (more less after I have exercised) but then I just eat something really high in protein.

when i got on this site I thought I ate horrible. when I started logging in my food everyday this thing tells me I starve myself. If you actually look at my food I eat ..... its not exactly healthy (which I am trying to change) I was surprised that before this site I didnt eat enough calories. I have lost 70 lbs in the past 3-4 months (mostly baby) and 15lbs since I joined this .... but I do struggle with eating enough.

oh and I am 5'7" cw:190'ish (havent weighed in a week)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've been yelled at WAY too many times for not eating enough.. So I'm not sure If I should reply honestly to this thread.. This buzzing sound is going off in my head along with the words "IT'S A TRAP!"

Honestly... I eat within different parameters than calories alone. I eat gobs of protein at every meal, I refuse to eat snack foods of any kind like chips or snack mixes because they are so calorie dense, and I eat vegetables as often as I can make myself hungry for them.

1. Height is 5'5" - 177 (Started 3 months ago at 210 lbs)
    2. Do I get really hungry? Honestly, if I have protein in my stomach I feel uncomfortably full a majority of the time. I've been eating all kinds of fish lately, and baked chicken... and adding vegetables to the mix. Mostly steamed broccoli or steamed green beans. Cooking is a PITA sometimes
    3. I really don't FEEL hungry. My stomach feels.. unsatisfied.. because what I REALLY want to eat is 3 or 4 slices of greasy pizza, chicken wings, some damn ranch dressing, or juicy steak with mashed potatoes and GRAVY... But I choose to eat clean.

I gotta say, some people have different metabolisms. When I ate as I pleased, I still only ate 1 or 2 meals a day, it was just SO much damn food of ALL the wrong kinds. I'd have days where I'd eat nothing till 5 o'clock and then hit up B dubs for their appetizer sampler. If you only knew the calorie count in that...

<-- small stomach, slow *kitten* metabolism = I don't eat much. I'd SO frickin win a survivor type show.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 131 lbs

I do get hungry and that's one motivator for me to exercise so I can eat more!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I'm at 1300 calories per day and I don't get "feel like death" hungry. I think I actually feel less hungry overall than when I began using MFP. Take a look at what you are consuming for your calorie count. Junk food calories taste really good, but leave me feeling hungrier quicker. I eat a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, OR Special K Red Berries cereal, and a homemade latte each morning around 7-7:30am and that stays with me until I eat lunch at 12.

See, that would NEVER EVER EVER work for me unless I ate a 32oz tub of the yogurt and 4 servings of the cereal. Interesting.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1450 usually. I'm more hungry during mid-afternoon like 3-4pm and also after 8pm.
    I usually eat breakfast about 10am and lunch about 1pm. Sometimes its later on both.

Other than that I'm pretty good...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1200 and am STARVING. So I eat a bit and end the day at 1600 and not hungry. :)

I am currently 206lbs, 5'10" tall and female.

Now you know... the rest of the story.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Drink water. A lot of the time you think you're hungry it's actually your body wanting water so drink a glass and see if you are still hungry. At first it was hard not to cave but it became easier and easier. Don't give up on yourself so easy! You've got this! We believe in you!!! Other tricks would be keeping snacks like celery cut up and at hand so if you do get hungry you can munch and crunch on something that is healthy. There are always choices! :)

Currently I am 177.9 lbs and am 5'6".
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight?

5'7 184LB I started at 200 (pic related)

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period?

absolutely not I eat many meals through the day some days I even have trouble eating over 1,200 if I'm eating right although I do cheat days OFTEN where I'll eat 1.3k - 2k been very successful for me so far

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)?

the trick is to eat around 100 - 500 calories every three hours doesn't matter what you eat and you'll always feel full but on cheat days sometimes I only eat a couple meals say if I went out to eat with family
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight? 5'3/224lbs

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period? Strangely, not at all.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)? All kinds of things. I try to have a serious amount of protein in anything, whether it be a meal or a snack. Eggs/ham for breakfast, cashews for a snack, chicken for lunch, beef for dinner etc. I also eat fairly low carb and primal, so I do not eat "empty" calories. I make ever calorie out of the 1200 count! Your calories will disappear VERY quickly with a carb heavy or even "standard" diet, because they get sucked up in filler food like bread, pasta, crackers, rice etc.
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200. I am 5'9" and 174. My goal is 135.

The key for me is sticking with it, I started last week and the first few days were hell. It has gotten easier. I have figured out how to use my calories wisely, eating things that are more filling vs. something high in calories for a very small portion. For me it was about choices.

I still have a lot of learning to do.

The hunger is an issue for me around 4 or 5, we typically eat dinner at 6. I drink four glasses of water around that time and then reward myself with a cup of green tea. For some reason drinking something hot works. That pushes off the hunger until dinner and gets half my daily water intake done. I usually drink two glasses in the am and another two after dinner.

Drinking enough water really helps me to not feel hungry.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    128803233166408226.jpg

I'm confused :ohwell:

That's what happens when people post pictures instead of thinking.

ooh_burn-4027.jpg
  • dneety
    Options
    Ht: 5"5'
    Wt: 222 (don't weigh myself often:laugh: :smile: )

Hi, I am a 1,270 calories a day eater. I do get hungry sometimes but not often. I always plan out what I will have allow myself to eat the night before and I definitely include snacks. I eat smaller portions of whatever I am eating. Also, I workout 5/6 days a week for at least 40 minutes a day. When those workout points are included you can eat more.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight? 5'4", 148 pounds (goal 130-135)

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period? No. I am "looking" for my food, but not hungry, weak, or deprived feeling. I eat 1300 if I don't exercise and about 1600 if I do.

3. What do you eat to prevent feeling like death (if you answered that you're not hungry)?
    Breakfast:
    Total Cereal (has all the fiber and vitamins), soy/almond milk, and a piece of fruit in the morning

Lunch:
    Salad, piece of Kirkland salmon on top, two teaspoons of dressing

Afternoon snack:
    Apple or 3 crackers with hummus

Dinner:
    palm sized amount of lean beef/chicken, good starch (sweet potato, sweet potato fries, brown rice), cup of veggies, and a 'le petit whole wheat baguettes)

8:00 or 9:00 snack:
    Greek yogurt.
    Options
    Drink water. A lot of the time you think you're hungry it's actually your body wanting water so drink a glass and see if you are still hungry. At first it was hard not to cave but it became easier and easier. Don't give up on yourself so easy! You've got this! We believe in you!!! Other tricks would be keeping snacks like celery cut up and at hand so if you do get hungry you can munch and crunch on something that is healthy. There are always choices! :)

Currently I am 177.9 lbs and am 5'6".

Thanks for the encouragement--not trying to do the 1200-1500 calorie thing though. I'm adamantly opposed to it! You're very sweet though.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1200 cals. Probably been over the past 2 months not logging.. but now I'm being "good" again and I guess my metabolism is reset or something because I'm losing again.

I'm 5'3 and about 120.

I tend to be hugely hungry at about 11-12 if I've eaten breakfast.. otherwise I'm fine. Hardly ever hungry.
    Options
    1. What's your height/ weight?

5'7 184LB I started at 200 (pic related)

2. Do you get REALLY REALLY hungry during the day? If not, was there an adjustment period?

absolutely not I eat many meals through the day some days I even have trouble eating over 1,200 if I'm eating right although I do cheat days OFTEN where I'll eat 1.3k - 2k been very successful for me so far

the trick is to eat around 100 - 500 calories every three hours doesn't matter what you eat and you'll always feel full but on cheat days sometimes I only eat a couple meals say if I went out to eat with family

A cheat day is 1300-2000 calories? Really? I'm not trying to be mean but someone your size could easily LOSE on that much..being a male and young should work to your advantage.