18 months ago today I was paralyzed. ---Pics.---

Options

Replies

• intend2
    Options
    YOU rock. What a motivational writing. Thank you for sharing.
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow....reading this story made my stomach do a flip flop!! I was 265 at my highest weight and that was almost 2 years ago...i started getting serious about losing weight last January after a previous co-worker called me fat and lazy (which incredibly i'd never been called that by anyone else in my entire life!!) her hateful words spurred something in me to prove her wrong and to really sit back and evaluate how badly my weight had spiraled out of control. It's quite sad how my quality of life was back then, i never wanted to go anywhere, do anything, and just basically sat and watched my life go by. I am grateful for the (mean) reality check from that person because it lit a fire under my butt!! I am in awe of your transformation and it made me feel a little better to know it took you 18 months to complete your goals (i've been a little depressed lately that i am a mere 45 days away from my one year mfp anniversary and i'm only halfway to my GW) I am now in love with running too after discovering C25K (ran my first 5K on thanksgiving) and scheduled to run my next 5K this saturday :) And you did this all after surviving a potentially crippling surgery and recovery!!!! Simply outstanding :bigsmile: And i'm sure your beautiful family is so happy with your new lifestyle as now you can be the mom and wife you want to be!!! You made my day with your story....congrats!!!!
  • jwilson3787
    Options
    Wow .. Thanks for sharing your journey.. truly inspiring ..
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Wow - congratulations!
  • jedwards7425
    jedwards7425 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing. Wonderful job and I am so happy for you!
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing story. There are simply no words. Congratulations on your success!
  • MommyAustin
    Options
    What an amazing journey and story! Your results are simply incredible! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This is one of the success stories that everyone needs to read for encouragement! Thanks for posting and I'm so glad to hear that you've had such amazing results :)
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    wow...you are such an inspiration...and looking good!
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    You are truely half the woman you used to be, what an inspiration. You rock, congratulations!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Talk about inspirational.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    amazing.. you did fantastic... so proud of you and thank-you for sharing.... truly amazing : )
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Makes my task ahead look easy, thanks for sharing, very inspirational. You look amazing! Guessing your kiddos are so happy and proud of their new mum!
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Fabulous. So inspiring!
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What a truly inspiring story. Thank you for sharing it with us and like many have already penned.....This is just want I needed to see/hear today.

Thank you
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear your story today. So inspirational. Thank you.
  • Shanthornton
    Options
    WOW! very VERY Inspiring
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. You are utterly amazing...
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. I read this with tears in my eyes.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!