Lost my beloved Running partner, my dog

Options
Rough time these past two days. My dog, Harley, died on Sunday. She was my faithful sidekick and very much like one of my children. She and I ran thousands of miles together. And it was her silly smile and crazy joy of running that made me go on those days when I just wanted to crash on the couch. She was like my best friend in so many ways.

Today I am "scheduled" for a run. It will be my first training run in 7 years without her. My heart is breaking. It sucks.

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Oh no :( I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet little Harley.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I have a 4 year old Great Dane that is my exercise companion, and I can only imagine how hard this will be. Hugs.
  • melr01
    melr01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It will be tough, so tough. Remember the good times you had with her and the joy she brought to your heart.
  • maigas
    Options
    I know the feeling. My honey and I lost our 'walking' partner this year. Whenever I walk / run in a familiar area where my Buddy and I had been, can't help to feel sad. It's still hard but you'll get through it specially the first few times.
    I'd suggest to go to a different track or park (as long as it's safe) and do your run there. Or go with someone - a new running partner to keep you company. But keep on going!
    Hope you'll feel better...
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved companion, Harley! I know how hard this can be.

Just know that when you run today, that Harley is still running with you, tail wagging in the air the entire time.

You have my deepest sympathy!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so sorry!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how painful that must be.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Oh no :( I am so very terribly sorry. ((hugs))
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Well, this made me teary-eyed. I'm so sorry for your loss. Animals are just the best. So much better than humans.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. One of my favorite quotes is-

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”

― Will Rogers
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry for your loss *hugs* my dog is my best friend too :flowerforyou:
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, RIP Harley =(
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    so sad. dang pets. we love them knowing they'll die far too soon for us. :( Best of luck and I hope that your heart heals soon enough to get another running compainon. :)
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, please accept my heartfelt condolences. :flowerforyou:

((((((Hugs))))))
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm truely sorry for your lose. My pets are family members to me too. You now have a wonderful angel watching over you and will meet you later on at the rainbow bridge :heart:
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss! Lost my Golden retriver last year and even though we have a labrador equally excited about walking and being outside, i still miss her like crazy!
    *hugs*
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    From a fellow dog lover, I'm sorry for your loss!!!!!!
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had to put down my walking buddy in Sept. It has not been the same since. I loved that chocolate lab dearly. It will eventually get better but I know how you feel. It is still hard for me to go and walk without her.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I am so so sorry for your loss.