Lost my beloved Running partner, my dog

Options

Replies

• lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    :(...so sorry, and I can't imagine how tough it will be to run without your buddy!!!!! Sending prayers and hugs, and know your pup is always with you in your heart!!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    So sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss... take his collar with you and hit the ground.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, pup. :heart:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh, my. I can't imgine the pain you're going through. I'm so sorry for the loss of your buddy.

It's a cruel joke that dogs and humans can love each other so much, but their lifespans are so much shorter than ours.

I hope that your run today is healing for you.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain!

I had a puppy, Annie, who was my best friend and closest partner. Though we didn't run together, we were winning dog sporting competitions when she was only 10 months old!!!

She suddenly passed away at 19 months of age from a cerebral haemorrhage. She was fine in the morning, when I left for work, and was gone by the time I got back. Probably one of the biggest shocks I've ever received in my life.

Her breed usually live to be 14 years old, or older.

This was about a year and a half ago. If she were around now, we would definitely be running in the park and forests with me!

Edit to add: Her death was probably one of the leading causes for my gf to break up with me. She couldn't handle it herself.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Aww *big hugs*, my heart goes out to you! My dogs have always been faithful companions, sorry for your loss.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Oh that hurts - I am so sorry! Dogs are awesome! Go get a puppy and train him/her as your new running partner and do it quick.
  • JulesMT
    JulesMT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Harley was so lucky to have your love. I lost my precious, almost-17 yo dog in October and still think about her every day. The first month without her was so hard. Hang in there and hopefully you will find joy in your runs again soon.
  • cyndispot
    Options
    i am so sorry for your loss. I know that even today, 5 years since I lost Java, my dobey running mate, that I still miss him on the old trails we used to take. Harley will be with you in your heart on your runs and you'll find yourself enjoying the paths for their memories. Run them sometimes just for Harley.
  • centexhusker
    centexhusker Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Dogs are great. I love mine a bunch :)
  • telam1186
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dog. I lost my Kissy (ShihTzu) in May of this year. We had her almost 18 years. Time does heal, but when you hear stories, like yours, it brings everything back. Lots of love your way. Harley will still bring smiles to your face at the most odd times. You'll never forget.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow ... SO sorry RR for your loss. Pets are family for sure and huge parts of our lives. I am praying that you and your family will have the sweetest of memories and less pain with each passing day.

God Bless You Sweet Harley. ():-)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    When we lost our dog a few years ago we found ourselves volunteering to walk friend's dogs. We wound up looking for a puppy much sooner than I'd anticipated we'd do. I'm so glad we did. Our new guy is not in competition with our old girl, he's just himself and a great companion.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So sorry.....I lost both my dogs within 18 months due to old age illnesses.....that was in 2010 and 2011......i'm still in bits over it and still cry regularly.

Unless you've had a dog you just can't imagine how devastating their loss is....all I can say is it does get more bearable but it takes a very long time.

Remember your friend.....read the poem "Rainbow Bridge" if you're up to it.....just google it.....it's sad but heartwarming too.

Thinking of you and sending you hugs x
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm so so sorry about your loss! Dog's are such great companions! All the best to you! :flowerforyou:
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my dog at the end of May. Cami and I walked 3 to 4 miles everyday, rain, sun, snow, etc. It was (and sometimes still is) difficult to go out for a walk without her. You just do and keep going. Happy running to you, and when you're ready maybe you'll have a new running friend to keep you company. Hugs...
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that! Hugs to you!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    this is horrible, I hope you remember that your doggie had the best life anyone could of gave it. I am so sorry you have lost your pet.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Remember your friend.....read the poem "Rainbow Bridge" if you're up to it.....just google it.....it's sad but heartwarming too.

Love this!