do you ladies like to hear....

Options

Replies

• osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I like it and I don't really care who says it. I can always use an ego boost.
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes, ladies like to hear those things. :)

Even if she says she doesn't believe you - if you stop saying it, she'll really start to doubt herself.

I agree with this!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    oh we like to hear it as long as it's genuine. :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yes when it's genuine. I just got one of those the other day from my DH. I've been with him 15 years and it still made me blush and swoon. :)
  • gottaTuscany
    gottaTuscany Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes we like to hear it. Working on improving self esteem is not easy, so I have to remind myself to accept the compliment and say thank you.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to hear, but I never have.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Yes when it's genuine. I just got one of those the other day from my DH. I've been with him 15 years and it still made me blush and swoon. :)

Sweet! I love to be appreciated and adored. Makes my heart smile. :)
  • victorialkay
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

I think that women do like to hear "you're beautiful" or "you're hot" but when they don't belive you it is not a personal thing. Any woman that doesn't belive you i think has low self esteem so therefore doesn't belive it because of the way they feel about themselves.

in this situation, keep saying it (not too much then it's over used) it will help!
  • hello_c_cup
    hello_c_cup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not from random people, no.

Speak for yourself.

Yeah.. uh.. that's what I was doing.

You were totally speaking for me, too. I hate hearing that sort of thing from random people.
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    Do you ladies like to hear that you are beautiful, hot, sexy, cute or what? Or are we men wasting our time because you don't believe it if we say it?

That's a stupid question! lol OF COURSE women like to hear that we're hot and such. However, if you start your conversation with something like: "you're sexy, send me pictures of you bent over a chair! Here's my email address" ...then we block you/ignore you forever. (Well, decent women do anyway)

:)
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love to hear any of those things! :) I've stopped immediately saying "no!!" as my instant reaction and try to say thank you and appreciate the compliment these days.

Yes
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is it hard to accept a comment like that? YES

Do I want you to NOT compliment me? NO

But I have to agree with others, I want it only from people who mean something to me (boyfriend, Mom, kids etc).
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear any of those things.

Instead my husband calls me "dork" or "weirdo"
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY.

The only 'compliment' I received that I didn't appreciate was this:

"You are kinda sexy."

KINDA? KINDA?! GR. Thinking about that still makes me irritated
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options

Sweet! I love to be appreciated and adored. Makes my heart smile. :)

• FightingforFit82
    Options
    Absolutely. Makes me feel good. Hearing Sexy would make me uncomfortable though :/
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Love to hear it if it's real, not just what they think I want to hear.
  • AraLupus
    Options
    I tell my Wife things like that all the time. Mostly I get 'you have to say that, we're married' or 'I wish I could see that', but on rare occasions it makes her smile and she believes it. I think telling your woman she's beautiful in your eyes is important
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

If I don't know you, then I assume you're just trying to get into my pants or that you want something. I'm not used to people being nice to me, can you tell? :laugh:

I believe it when my bf tells me, even if it is only for a little while.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I tell my Wife things like that all the time. Mostly I get 'you have to say that, we're married' or 'I wish I could see that', but on rare occasions it makes her smile and she believes it. I think telling your woman she's beautiful in your eyes is important

Sweet!

I think it is vitally important in relationships...

Okay in online forums like this...

Generally creepy when old guys on the street do it.