How many pull-ups/chin-ups can you do at once?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Zero. And I've been weight lifting for a year. LOL My upper body strength just isn't very high, and I'm ok with that.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    One! :bigsmile:

I'm so excited. I've never been able to do one before. Once now I was able to do two... but then not again. I can do one from hanging each time I try now... I'm determined to be able to do "several" in a row by the time I turn 40 :laugh:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ONE!

and before 2012, in my entire life, i had done zero!

So i'm stoked!

In february of this year, i could do 3 chin ups in a row, and one pull up.

Now I can do zero pull ups and one chin up.

Use it or lose it, people!!!

I'm working on my pull up again. Yesterday i almost did one, after rock climbing for 20 mins and doing my BP and rows for an hour... I think maybe tonight I can do a pull up :)

WILL REPORT BACK IF I DO! LOL!!!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    The last time I tried a max regular set was over a year ago; I hit 24 I think. I typically do weighted or variations and only after other lifts as assistance. Right now I can do BW+45 x 10 or BW+80 x 4.

Kipping? Idk, I had a bad case of dry heaves once. Does that count?
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    5-7 with a dead hang depending on how much energy I have, usually limited to 4-5 by my second set....

Goal is 25 for next year.
  • evolutioner
    Options
    I went up to 20-25 at my max that was in the summer of this year but then i was starting to develop to tendinitis, so i stopped for a while and now im up to 10, my goal is to get back to max if not more.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Report back: yes!!! One pull up!!! (Three times!)
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    none

BUT I can do 4 sets up 11 jump pull ups before I cant pick up my arms anymore.

0 is like totally my favorite record to beat :heart:

Did you just say "like totally"
    ooooohhh mmmyyy gggaaawwwddd like totally totally! :tongue:
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    About 25 pull-ups and 30 chin-ups when I'm rested.
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    12 close 10 norm 6 wide x 3 sets losing a few reps on each. Lifting your own body weight once ain't easy its a great achievement alone for some,
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    I can't do any at all. I've been working on it for months!
  • soccerlady80
    soccerlady80 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I couldn't do any chin ups or pull ups but now I can do 3 chin ups from dead hang and pulling up to collar bone(not chin) consecutively without a rest...no full pull ups yet but working on it through assisted and negative's.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 9, can do either pull-ups or chin-ups about the same. For the last month I've been doing 20 (assorted styles including wide grip) almost every single day, plus 60 push-ups. I have a goal to do 10 consecutive overhand pull-ups by New Year's day. By the way, I could do about 2 at the end of August if I was lucky. It's amazing how fast your body adapts to an exercise by doing 20 every day!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    3 chinups at 260lbs.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    It takes time and practice to build, you'll get there. Yesterday I did 20 consecutive wide-grip pull-ups and that was after my main workout so I was a little tired at that point.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    this is my goal! I currently use the really skinny assistance band at crossfit and I'm so close to doing it on my own!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    0. I can do 0. That's why I didn't respond.

I have no advice to give or guidance to offer. I can do 0 pulls ups/chin ups.