Please Look at my Diary... Help!

Options
1235»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My mom had gastric bypass lived and still does off of protein drinks. Cod is a good fisa for protein as well :)

Thanks. As I have not found a tolerable protein drink, I would love to live off of them as well. I am just not being successful though.

Try the EAS AdvantEdge protein drinks that someone else suggested. They are very low in sugar and carbs, and they go down easier, as they aren't thick and milky like some. They taste good, in my opinion. I also use them to make smoothies. I will add a frozen banana to a vanilla flavor, and 1 cup of frozen strawberries to the strawberry flavor. Just put them in a blender. But they are still good just by themselves. Especially the chocolate and strawberry flavors.

This! I love the EAS protein drinks. They taste great and really fill me up.

Where do I get them? I Think I missed that.

Walmart has them in the pharmacy section by the protein bars, etc. If you like them, Sams also carries them by the case, which makes them even less expensive.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Well you don't track your sodium so I can't see that but by looking at the foods you have listed I can see that you are way high on your sodium intake. The more sodium you have the more you retain water.

Try tracking your sodium for a week or two and working to keep it under the 2500 that MFP gives you. Drink tons of water while doing this to facilitate losing the water weight.

I do keep track of my sodium, under the nutrition part I can see all of that stuff in the last week the most I have in one day was 2142mg. But based on the amount of calories I eat, that is quite High!
  • mhorn2142
    Options
    How about making up some breakfast burritos ahead of time and keep them in the fridge. I use Mission Carb Balance brand, as they have a lot of fiber and low net carbs. Scramble up some eggs, cheese, and turkey sausage or bacon and wrap them up individually, then use them when you need them. I love putting salsa on mine, but you could add whatever seasonings and veggies you like.

Pre surgery I loved these. As I have just begun to eat eggs and tortilla (1st one this past week) I will consider this. I really should probably omit the tortilla though. and Salsa Rocks :smile:
  • mhorn2142
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'll put in my two cents here: From what I see just from your diary today, your sodium is pretty high. This can cause our bodies to hold onto water. You probably haven't gained 2 pounds of fat. Remember that our weight can fluctuate from 5-10 lbs a day! I would advise you try to get in more green veges and fruits that are lower in sugar (if your tummy can handle them). Also, if you are weighing every day, this can be problematic. I do it too, so I'm not harping on you. I also gained 2 lbs (in a day), so I know it's not fat. Try your best to weigh once a week like on Sunday mornings. By the way, the fact that you lost over 100 lbs is truly remarkable!! What an accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • nicit1975
    Options
    Spirulina is the way to go! Just add it to a green smoothie or tabets if you must. Make sure you check out the below website as Spirulina cannot be taken by everyone.

Spirulina contains more than 60% vegetable protein, which is much higher than fish, pork, or beef (which contains about 15 ~20 %).Animal protein is a much bigger molecule than vegetable protein, and is much harder to for our system to digest.

Most modern people overindulge in animal protein, by eating fish, beef, pork etc. When too much animal protein is eaten, it is deposited in our body as fat. Too much fat will cause high cholesterol levels and may impact our heart and blood vessels.

Vegetable protein is water soluble, and is much smaller than animal protein. If you eat too much vegetable protein, it is simply discharged by your system as waste and not stored as fat.

Animal protein is a much bigger molecule than vegetable protein, and is much harder to for our system to digest.
    (http://www.australianspirulina.com.au/spirulina/spirulina.html#eleven)

Cut down on your fruit if you are not exercising much as it is high in sugars and eat nuts and seeds for snacks. Almonds are particularly good for stabilising blood sugars and will stave off hunger and binging.

Good Luck!
  • mhorn2142
    Options
    Spirulina is the way to go! Just add it to a green smoothie or tabets if you must. Make sure you check out the below website as Spirulina cannot be taken by everyone.

Spirulina contains more than 60% vegetable protein, which is much higher than fish, pork, or beef (which contains about 15 ~20 %).Animal protein is a much bigger molecule than vegetable protein, and is much harder to for our system to digest.

Most modern people overindulge in animal protein, by eating fish, beef, pork etc. When too much animal protein is eaten, it is deposited in our body as fat. Too much fat will cause high cholesterol levels and may impact our heart and blood vessels.

Vegetable protein is water soluble, and is much smaller than animal protein. If you eat too much vegetable protein, it is simply discharged by your system as waste and not stored as fat.

Animal protein is a much bigger molecule than vegetable protein, and is much harder to for our system to digest.
    (http://www.australianspirulina.com.au/spirulina/spirulina.html#eleven)

Cut down on your fruit if you are not exercising much as it is high in sugars and eat nuts and seeds for snacks. Almonds are particularly good for stabilising blood sugars and will stave off hunger and binging.

Good Luck!

I will research this.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Four pages in and no one has mentioned the increase in exercise?!? If you upped your exercise this week, your muscles are likely retaining water as they try to adjust to the new workload. This is completely normal, and the couple of pounds will come off in the next few days. Now, there are some good suggestions here regarding your diary, but I would attribute this temporary gain to your new exercise.
  • mhorn2142
    Options
    Four pages in and no one has mentioned the increase in exercise?!? If you upped your exercise this week, your muscles are likely retaining water as they try to adjust to the new workload. This is completely normal, and the couple of pounds will come off in the next few days. Now, there are some good suggestions here regarding your diary, but I would attribute this temporary gain to your new exercise.

Thanks for your thoughts.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    water...unless you are drinking but not logging....

I don't log my water, but I get about 32 ounces a day.

Just 32 ounces? Ouch. That's half of what you need!
  • Shua89
    Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My mom had gastric bypass lived and still does off of protein drinks. Cod is a good fisa for protein as well :)

Thanks. As I have not found a tolerable protein drink, I would love to live off of them as well. I am just not being successful though.

Try the EAS AdvantEdge protein drinks that someone else suggested. They are very low in sugar and carbs, and they go down easier, as they aren't thick and milky like some. They taste good, in my opinion. I also use them to make smoothies. I will add a frozen banana to a vanilla flavor, and 1 cup of frozen strawberries to the strawberry flavor. Just put them in a blender. But they are still good just by themselves. Especially the chocolate and strawberry flavors.

This! I love the EAS protein drinks. They taste great and really fill me up.

Where do I get them? I Think I missed that.

I get mine from Meijer, they have the best price on them but pretty much all the grocery stores sell them. They are shelves by the protein bars and diet drinks usually.
  • DS04
    DS04 Posts: 48
    Options
    Egg whites.