Tattoos. Hot or not? Show us what you got!!!

Options

Replies

• Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY HOT! I have 2 myself! :happy:
  • iSurvive
    Options
    I think if there is a "story" behind them then they are "cool". I have one. I love it. I think it goes without saying that they have to be well done. This is something that is permanent, do a little research and find the best.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love them. I have a few. I started working on a sleeve. It's only a a quarter right now, but it is by far my favorite. Hopefully i'll get to add more soon.
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hot.. Period.. Like them on everyone.. They are art. In most cases, they tell stories. They commemorate special periods in people's lives. Whether it's a special date, a memorial to someone or even just one drunk, stupor of a night. Or even just a very strong appreciation to whatever the subject of the art may be. Whatever the case, I really like tats on everyone. I have three. 2 of them were well thought out and I will NEVER regret them. My first was a hurry-up job and looking to get it revamped in the near future to make it look less redneck. My biggest, across my back, is shown in the few pics I have loaded in my profile. My 2 daughters' actual infant footprints, with their names in my wife's handwritting, surrounded by Angel wings.
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BTW, if anyone is a good artist and knows some Norwegian/Vikings/Scandinavian history, hit me up. :bigsmile:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I think if there is a "story" behind them then they are "cool". I have one. I love it. I think it goes without saying that they have to be well done. This is something that is permanent, do a little research and find the best.

Agh I hate when people say that. It doesn't matter if there's no story, tattoos don't need to tell a story, they just need to be something that the person likes and wants on them!
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have 4. I LOVE them all but I do have to admit that the ones on my wrist are in the wrong spot! If they were smaller then it wouldn't be a big deal! But I still love them!!!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    69479_10151155122022219_277287872_n.jpg

this is my most recent, it wont be a sleeve it was to cover up a tacky tattoo from when i was underage!!! i have my boys name in japanese on the back of my neck and also a scorpion on back of my hip... planning a big one for my back wont have it til i hit target weight though x

hmm its not showing in full :/

this works better
    http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx45/Xzoviac/69479_10151155122022219_277287872_n.jpg
  • sara6795
    sara6795 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I currently have 14 and I am using getting more as rewards when I hit certain weight loss goals. It is definitely helping to motivate me!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have one on my back (the normal place for a girl) and one across the top of my shoulder. I have been kicking around getting one dedicated to running, and with the recent loss of my running partner (my dog), I am definitely going to get it now and somehow incorporate a dog in to it. I have to be careful, as my profession is not tattoo friendly. The one on my shoulder means cardigans always, even in summer time!

But I love them. My husband has two full sleeves and big one all over his back. He rides and is in hte Army so he has his first bike with a 1950s pinup girl in an Army costume. IT is pretty hot.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think they are hot on both men and women. I'm not a fan of overdoing it, but some well done, well placed tattooes are a great addition. I have three myself, but i had them done so they could be covered when I was in business attire. They all make some kind of statement about me and my life.
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i have 4 tats, but no pics of the ones on my arms

my chest i have a poppy

8417_155043784757_3042635_n_zps394bef76.jpg

and on my leg, ivy

35219_411994082417_8321281_n_zps9fa987d8.jpg

35219_411994087417_4197162_n_zps8d1bfe9b.jpg
  • iSurvive
    Options

Agh I hate when people say that. It doesn't matter if there's no story, tattoos don't need to tell a story, they just need to be something that the person likes and wants on them!

I know too many people with "regret" tattoo's that is why I think they need to have something behind them... anything other then "I thought it was cool at the time". But then that is just my personal belief. To each their own.
  • amberdragonfire
    Options
    I have 11...my only regret is the spacing of the dragon on my shoulder...his tail drops about 1/4 in too low on my bicep & peeks out of the sleeves of certain dress blouses. Makes finding work clothes tough in the summer. All 11 of mine are hidden (except for his tail upon occasion) because I am in a Corporate environment. My back is pretty well covered in tatts, going down on to my hips. None on my legs or tummy or boobs - all of the areas that sag as you age, which would completely ruin the design.

I have:
    dragon perched on moon (sholder/upper arm)
    Amazon tree frog perched on bamboo brach (very low back)
    Crow in full flight (half back, shoulder blade)
    Tiger face close-up (half back/other shoulder blade)
    Manta ray (mid back)
    Snowy Owl (side under ribs)
    Howling wolf (side under ribs)
    Swarm of bats (wrapped around one hip)
    Black & turquoise gecko (lower front hip)
    Wicked faerie intimately posed with a snake (side hip)
    Goddess symbol (upper thigh inside)
    "That which does not kill me makes me stronger" script (underneath my crow)

Each of these represent animal energies/animal magick I have worked with during my life. Each spirit has brought a specific gift & I carry the ink to remind me. I have recently started successfully working with Possum energy (Possum magick is best use of strategic thinking, laying low till all facts are properly assembled before acting, stronger intuition & creativity) ...so I am leaning toward a possum tattoo - if I can find space. I am seriously running out of room in discreet areas & currently walking a fine line between human art canvas & freak show candidate. There IS such a thing as too many tattoos & once they are there, it is SO EXPENSIVE to get rid of them. So I have to be extremely selective on what & where going forward.

I have only had one guy stop dating me when he saw the ink...so that is a pretty good average. Current boyfriend doesnt seem to care one way or the other.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Two tats for this girl. Somewhat a respresentation of the things I have been through. Both on my inner wrist. One says "Believe" the other "Inspire". The idea behind it " Believe in yourself. Inspire others." That's what I'm trying to do day in and day out.
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Ok...so I used to love tattoos...and always wanted a gecko *holding* onto the top of my foot with its tail wrapped around my ankle. Now, almost 40...I am kinda glad I didnt ever get around to it, as I am more drawn toward *clean* skin. I still love the one I have on my chest...(pic)...because I can cover it or show it as needed. It has significance because my husband and I met and wolves were involved. :) However I have a baby wolf track on my wrist that I am considering having removed. It's too hard to hide and was really an afterthought when I did the first one. I was 24 when I did them...and loved them until 30 or so...now I won't get more.

I do think its hilarious when someone is staring at my chest...I instantly know they are trying to figure it out...but they (usually guys with a wife or something) always apologize and then ask about it. It's the three eyes I think that are confusing at first. :) Not my chest. LOL

photo22.jpg
  • cherbapp
    Options
    Two tats for this girl. Somewhat a respresentation of the things I have been through. Both on my inner wrist. One says "Believe" the other "Inspire". The idea behind it " Believe in yourself. Inspire others." That's what I'm trying to do day in and day out.

I like those words! Awesome!
  • cherbapp
    Options

I know too many people with "regret" tattoo's that is why I think they need to have something behind them... anything other then "I thought it was cool at the time". But then that is just my personal belief. To each their own.

I agree....tastes and styles change...stories don't.
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have 7
    2 birds on my chest which im going to add flowers to at some point,
    got a purple rose on my back with Dont Forget To Stop And Smell The Roses around it,
    3 stars on my right foot
    cherry blossom and japanese wind on my left foot
    a butterfly and fairy either side of my left ankle

my boyfriend has a fair few as well
    a pin up hula girl on his left forearm,
    a cross on his right upper arm
    two stars on his chest
    a phoenix on his back
    and Veni Vidi Vici across his abdomen :) hot hot hot!!!
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options

I agree....tastes and styles change...stories don't.

Exactly why I got mine. It means something TO ME!!