Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Do what you want, just don't ask ME to make the bed
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My 5y.o. makes my bed....not kidding. It annoys her so much that I don't, that she'll go in my room in the morning straighten the blankets up for me lol

Lucky! We never make our bed, except for when I change the sheets. I wish we did, because getting in a made bed is nice, but my husband leaves for work at 5:30 am so I would have to do it all of the time!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I make my bed as soon as I get up. I can't stand an unmade bed.

Well, unless I'm in it :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    To avoid fixing my bed when I was single, I used to sleep on top of the covers.:laugh: I was hooking up on the fly and never knew if someone was going to sleep with me, so the bed was always made!!!!:laugh:

Now that I'm married, I fix the bed everyday. No choice.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    If you don't mind unkemptness, then fine. I personally hate coming home to an unmade bed. I like things neat and orderly.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bed
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Do what you want, just don't ask ME to make the bed

How bout IN the bed?
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I make my bed before I sleep in it. I can't get into a messy bed and sleep- strange as that may be.

Me too!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I make our bed every day. It doesn't take long, and just looks more put together. And then the kitties won't get kitty hair on the sheets. :)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I don't make mine daily....
    but it only takes a few minutes, and you said you feel better crawling into a bed that's made...

So why don't you just make your bed every day?

Or.... maybe you could just aim to make it 5/7 days of the week....don't worry about it on the weekends?

It's not a big deal.. .
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yea, no. We all leave the house by 7:45 am and no one is home all day. I don't see the point in making a bed that is just going to get messed up again that night. Especially since no one is in my house all day long.
  • IndyMario
    Options
    I have a nice illegal alien woman that comes in every morning and makes my bed and replaces the towels. In fact, its Indy-Mario's mum. She makes a great crispy bacon bagel too if I am really nice to her. She's not as hot as she was when mario was a pup, but she can still get-er-dunnnnn!

Wait 'til I tell her you've been talking about her, you jerk!

I still ain't calling you daddy! Even after the nice...errr...horrible spanking last night!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I make my bed every single morning. My boyfriend always sleeps later than me, but I still go in and make it after he wakes up. I cannot STAND a messy bed, with the blankets all tangled. It just grosses me out, I don't know why. There's really nothing better than climbing into a clean, freshly made bed at night. The sheets just feel better. It feels warmer.

Wow. I sound really weird.
  • bsneed9696
    Options
    Why make it when you are just going to crawl back in. Too much wasted effort. :tongue:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I make my bed before I sleep in it. I can't get into a messy bed and sleep- strange as that may be.

I do the exact same thing.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I try to make it once or twice a week. That's plenty for me...
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If we don't make the bed, our dog tucks herself in as soon as we leave. I can tell when my husband leaves without pulling up the covers because there is a 65 lb pit bull nestled under the covers with her head on the pillow when I get home.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Like you said, nothing like a nice tight bed. I make mine most mornings and if I don't , I pull it tight before I get into it at night
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I do what I refer to a "flopping the covers" when I get up.

Don't judge me.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I make mine EVERYDAY, if you can believe that.

I do, because I make mine every day. I have pets and they leave hair on the sheets so I strip off all the blankets and pop the corner off the bottom sheet and shake it to clear the pet hair off. Then shake out the blankets before I remake the bed.

I LOVE having a fresh made bed to climb in to at night. I hate rumpled/wrinkled sheets.