• yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I don't have a bed

^^ this. moot point for me.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a nice illegal alien woman that comes in every morning and makes my bed and replaces the towels. In fact, its Indy-Mario's mum. She makes a great crispy bacon bagel too if I am really nice to her. She's not as hot as she was when mario was a pup, but she can still get-er-dunnnnn!

consuela.jpg

She remind me of Zoila from flipping out!!
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I have neither the time or energy to make a bed. I already have one, so why try making another? Besides, if something happens to it, I will buy another.

I see what you did there... :wink:
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    Yes
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Totally wish I had the time. Walking into a clean house after work is so rewarding however my house is more of a disaster area as we rush out each morning. Though I do make it on the weekends...usually....
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I usually make it before i go to bed, or in the morning if its not too messed up
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I fold mine up to locked and upright position.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I like having a made bed, but I'm a Capricorn, so ...

Hmmmm its a cap thing? I'll have to give that reasoning the next time the boy calls me nuts for making the bed first thing in the morning

So not a capricorn thing...because I never make the bed. no one ever sees it but us and it actually makes me feel a little uncomfortable. my husband doesn't care either way.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have refused to make my bed since I was a child lol. I have never seen the point and I feel more comfortable getting into a messy bed than a neat one. I know, I'm weird. haha

no, it's not weird. it just gets messy at night anyway, and it makes me feel uncomfortable to get in to a bed that is "made" it feels like waking in to a hotel room. kind of creepy. :\
  • sophasaurusxx
    Options
    I always make my bed in the morning when im up, because then when i go back to bed at night, it feels nice to go into a bed that has been made and it just feels fresh, if i didnt make my bed in the morning, then it would just feel weird to jump into bed at night. Its hard to explain, but yeah =/
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I never make our bed. No point!!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Using that logic, why would you wash a dish, dust a shelf, clip your toenails.....it all just comes back.
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options
    I really LOVE getting into a made bed at night...even better with clean sheets!
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I make my bed everyday, wash the sheets once a week, close the shower curtain when I'm done showering, clean off the table right after meals, never go to bed with a dirty kitchen ~ this is just me lol. I feel much less stressed when my house is clean! And hopping into a made bed, wrinkle free with clean smelling sheets is amazing :)
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options
    You're just as obsessive-compulsive as I am! ;)
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Using that logic, why would you wash a dish, dust a shelf, clip your toenails.....it all just comes back.

Food poisoning, allergies, holes in socks.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Pah, I never really saw a point. Unlike washing dishes and dusting there's not really a hygienic reason for it (or not one I was ever let in on in any case) and I and my cat both prefer things a little tousled and bunched up.
    I'll make my bed every once in awhile, such as when I'm expecting company over but when it's just me, I prefer it to be 'unmade'. In fact if anything it bugs me more to have a made bed than an unmade bed for...some reason. Probably because I'm not used to the sight! lol
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When we change the sheets the bed gets made. My wife loves to tuck all the sheets into the side and along the bottom and I don't like it so if the bed gets made between sheet changes it all her. We have a 15 month old baby right now so the bed doesn't generally get made because it's like priority 15 behind things like sleep for mommy and daddy catching up on season 3 of buffy.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I like having a neat bed. I'm also slightly allergic to cats, and we've got 5. So I make the bed to keep the hair off the sheets, the part that would come into contact with skin.