Close to 20' dead in Connecticut school shooting,

Options

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Beyond heartbroken. I want to go get my son right now. I was just at his school this morning watching he and the rest of the first graders do a singing program they've been working on. So many sweet, innocent faces. I was there this morning while this was happening in CT. So sad.
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    To everyone that has been effected by this, my heart is with you, your families, your children. Count your blessing, make sure you thank the Lord for everything He's provided before you go to sleep every single night. There is nothing I can say to help those who have lost, other than I pray for you and I am deeply sorry.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

The world has gone effin insane!

No, just the USA.

I guess you didn't read about the 22 children injured in the Chinese gradeschool today in a knife attack.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

No, just the USA.

I hope that was a (bad) joke.

Otherwise, I want to hear more about this bubble in which you live.

Seriously, this isn't about whose Country is better, Just drop it. We don't need this to turn into an argument. Please.

Me drop it? How about addressing the douchcanoe who make his asinine comment instead of one of the dozen+ appropriate and inevitable responses to it?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

No, just the USA.

Because violence never happens anywhere else right?

Seriously dude, not ok. A senseless tragedy left many small children dead and you want to take potshots at an entire country? No thanks.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

No, just the USA.

What is wrong with you? Regardless of your personal beliefs of our country. CHILDREN are dead. Innocent children. You are absolutely heartless.
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    up to 27 now. sad

No, just the USA.

How does this explain the knifings at a China elementary school this morning? Dam those westerners! SMH!:mad:
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Always terrible to hear. Makes me question my profession (teacher) sometimes. I can't imagine what the families are going though!

JM

I think about my teachers all the time, and I imagine I'd be a little nervous if I were teaching -- but please don't question your profession. As a teacher, you have the opportunity to teach kids to be better than this, especially for children whose parents can't or won't. I know it's unfair to put a complete stranger in that position, but I've seen a lot of that. Teachers make a HUGE difference - at least, they have for me. My junior year of high school was hell on Earth; I wanted to drop out so badly, but one of my teachers pulled me aside, talked to me, and changed my way of thinking. I will be graduating from college next spring (2014, that is) with a double major in Social Justice and Communications. I am so grateful to him, and I always will be. Sadly, no matter how great you are, some people will just come out messed up - but you may be the connection one kid needs to make his/her dreams come true, or even to just make it through school, which is a wonderful thing in itself. Sending my respect to the teachers of the world right now...

And condolences to the people who went through this horrible tragedy, as well as their families. Each time I hear one of these stories, I hope it'll be the last...and then a few weeks or DAYS later, there's another.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    This made me honestly sad. I just can't fathom how somebody could ruin so many lives. These children should not have to know what it is like to lose people. They're too young to see the worst of humanity... Truly appalling.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    It's every parent's worst nightmare. I'll be holding my sons a little closer tonight, giving them extra hugs, and telling them I love them and telling them again...
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the gunman killed himself. The idea of taking innocent people out like that before killing oneself is unfathomable to me. Wish someone could find that crazy gene that filth like this must have.
  • bearsgal9
    Options
    No words, so sad!!

I hate that this is the world we live in now... :(
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    People make me absolutely sick!
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Makes me cry just reading about how innocent people were killed. He is in hell now. Thank god for that.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Me drop it?

Would that be SO hard? He obviously is a douche bag, everybody can see that. Why bother?
  • steffanyjames
    steffanyjames Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Can't. Stop. Crying.

I had to get out of the car and stop listening to the radio. When I got back into the office it was on the news. I can't focus on work now, this is SO heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and community hit by this so very tragic event. What the EFF is wrong with humanity! The Chinese attack today? WTF. Seriously people. Hug your friends and family tight. Just love people... just love.
  • cgirlygirl
    Options
    I'm not a parent--but I work in the education field and this is absolutely horrific! I cannot even imagine being in this situation. Being from a very similar sized community I understand the close-knit family type feel. Many prayers to everyone affected by this terrible tragedy!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I guess the NRA's viewpoint will be that at least 40 million other kids were safe today because of guns.

*shakes head*

There it is..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just heard this on BBC News and am utterly numb with grief and the sheer disbelief that this is allowed to happen again and again and again and again in America.

I disagree with your logic and conclusion...but this isn't the time or the place to debate it.
This discussion has been closed.