Thigh Gap: Not possible for some??? Is this true?

Options

Replies

• KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It's technically possible for everyone. That is if you are willing to be underweight for a gap between your thighs.
    However, the wider the hips, the easier it is to have a gap.

I have fairly wide hips but I'm knock kneed. At my weight right now I have a small one but you can't really tell because the whole 'feet together thighs apart' thing doesn't exactly work for me.

its genetics people. not if you're underweight!!!! I have always had one even when I was heavier!!!!
  • RowanMyBoat
    RowanMyBoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's technically possible for everyone. That is if you are willing to be underweight for a gap between your thighs.
    However, the wider the hips, the easier it is to have a gap.

I have fairly wide hips but I'm knock kneed. At my weight right now I have a small one but you can't really tell because the whole 'feet together thighs apart' thing doesn't exactly work for me.

its genetics people. not if you're underweight!!!! I have always had one even when I was heavier!!!!

Oh sorry! I know its possible for some people to have one without being underweight. But you would need to be underweight if you have narrow hips.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I understand about the thigh gap. I'm hoping to have one when I lose more. I'm pretty sure I had a small one in highschool when I was super fit. Even more exciting would be to get rid of that darn back fat ( you know that stubborn roll right under your bra)
    That is soo my goal.
  • fizzikel
    Options
    Sorry, I know this post is old.
    I believe thigh gap is based on hip width and not much else.
    I am overweight, 5'3 at 154lbs, but I still have a thigh gap at the top as I have wide set hip bones. My thighs do touch but not right at the top.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I was 95 lbs at my full adult height (at 5'0"; wasn't healthy!!) I did not have a gap between my thighs. I have awesome hips when I'm at my goal weight (110 lbs), and a great butt. And I don't wish I had a thigh gap.

I don't think those that do are "weird" - if that what your healthy body looks like, I can understand celebrating the return of an attribute that that body had. I just don't covet it. No back fat and no flabby upper arms, however? I'll take those again, please!!

Just throwing my voice in amongst the crowd!
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8" with very long legs and even at my smallest of 119 pounds when i was 19 years old and all lean muscle, my thighs would graze each other at the top. just the way i'm made.
  • cate1388
    cate1388 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A thigh gap is generally representative of anorexia and not fitness. I once had a small thigh gap, but I can tell you, I was miserable during that time. Goals like that are generally harmful, women are meant to have body fat!
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It just depends on your frame. If you have wide set hips, you're more likely to be able to achieve it than somebody with more narrow hips...but it's not like a sure fire indicator of how fit you are. I might have a gap between mine one day, I might not. My mom has one, even though her hips are narrow, but she doesn't carry much weight in her thighs anyway, and she's a runner with relatively low body fat percentage.

Is it really that important?

It'd be nice to be able to wear a skirt/shorts and NOT get a heat rash down there...so in some cases, yes :D
  • banger711
    banger711 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All women have thigh gaps , thats what makes you women.. Thank God
  • hkry3250
    hkry3250 Posts: 140
    Options
    I love the thigh gap! Or maybe I just like seeing women in their underwear.
    I was never even aware of the thigh gap, until I got on MFP, but deffinately love the V on a woman, and what man doesn't love seeing them in underwear.
  • KrystalHocevar
    KrystalHocevar Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hope hope hope that when I reach my goal that I can achieve the thigh gap. Im sick of wearing my jeans out between my thighs while they still look brand new!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Men love the thigh gap though. Just like how women love the V on a man, we like the thigh gap. (at least I do!)

My husband says he thinks it looks weird when he notices it on other women. And I don't share that to make anyone feel self-conscious if they DO have a gap there, I just wanted to point out that not all men love the thigh gap. And even if they did, are you getting healthy for all the men in the world, or are you getting healthy for YOU?

My Husband too, usually people with thigh gaps (well, on TV anyway) look way too skinny for his and my taste...not to say that if you have one you are too skinny...but not all bodies are built to have them. So when a muscular, short, curvy woman strives to get one, they end up being WAY to skinny for their own good. I say don't focus on one little thing like a thigh gap. You want to be overall healthy and a thigh gap does not = healthy....
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps always look pre-pubescent to me. I don't find pre-pubescent women sexy.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

WHAT?!?! I don't think so...I am pretty sure my vagina, boobs, ovaries and the fact that I can develop a person inside of me makes me a woman.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    8123547020_a21f92cb6c.jpg
    beautiful-thigh-gap-photo-gallery-thechive-6-ed409c57-sz624x675-animate by woahitsangie, on Flickr

Not me, but wish it was. perfect example of a good "thigh gap"

I actually prefer the before picture. Both photos are lean, but the curves of the before seem far more sexy. The before figure looks more feminine and luscious to me. If you have a thigh gap naturally then great, but if you don't and are healthy then don't sweat it. A small waist and hips are a wonderful thing!
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I LOVE thigh gaps and I really hope I get one! Here's a workout I found to help get one!

http://www.blogilates.com/workout-index/how-to-get-an-inner-thigh-gap#sthash.lfee6oJG.dpbs

Good luck!
  • KrystalHocevar
    KrystalHocevar Posts: 24 Member
    Options

WHAT?!?! I don't think so...I am pretty sure my vagina, boobs, ovaries and the fact that I can develop a person inside of me makes me a woman.

Nice one!
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    The day I get a thigh gap would be a sad day for me. I'm small framed, narrow hipped, and it would mean I have severely wasted my muscles.

legs.jpg
    *trying to work out how to post photos so bear with me!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    8123547020_a21f92cb6c.jpg
    beautiful-thigh-gap-photo-gallery-thechive-6-ed409c57-sz624x675-animate by woahitsangie, on Flickr

Not me, but wish it was. perfect example of a good "thigh gap"

I actually prefer the before picture. Both photos are lean, but the curves of the before seem far more sexy. The before figure looks more feminine and luscious to me. If you have a thigh gap naturally then great, but if you don't and are healthy then don't sweat it. A small waist and hips are a wonderful thing!

I agree with the small waist, but no hip? And why would you want to look like a pre pubescent boy? Also this is not a thigh gap, her knees aren't touching, that's just bandy legs due to poor nutrition, it used to be called rickets.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    oh it cut off me left leg! nemmind.