have you lost 40lbs + ?

Options

Replies

• dalisalove
    dalisalove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs since the end of Jan 2012. I strive to eat my goal calories, I accomplish this most of the time. I exercise whenever I can..but I know that weight loss is a gradual and I'm just taking it one day at a time :)
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    75 lbs in 4 1/2 months. :happy:
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    39.5 pounds since end of July. I started taking weekly pictures in September, so I have documented almost thirty pounds of weightloss in photos by now.
  • astrummortis
    astrummortis Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, if I could quote every amazing transformation I've seen here I'd have a looooooong post.

So I'll just say: amazing work, everyone!

I've lost 58 lbs since I began my weightloss journey. I started eating whole foods, I keep my carbs around 100. g a day, and I walk5.2 miles a day. I began on June 9, 2012.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so inspirational!!
  • melotj
    melotj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost 260 lbs in 24 months. I've kept it off since this past winter, and I've been working adding lean mass.

3years.jpg

Great job!
  • zostrokesfitness
    Options
    I recently lost 65-75 pounds since September 10, 2012. I want to lose about 23 more pounds. I do one hour of treadmill and one hour of weight lifting five to six times per week. I cut sugar, salt, sodas, juice, ALL fast foods, and foods that are high in fats. You will find that once you cut all of the bad things out of your diet, you can eat more of the healthy foods because fast food is typically significantly higher in calories, sometimes triple the calorie amount.

As far as the amount of weight that I lost in the amount of time that Iost it, I think that that idea is a myth, from personal experience of course. My doctor tells me that I am the healthiest that I've ever been in my life and healthier than he thought that I'd ever be. I have not one health risk whatsoever. It was once said that the earth was flat, so people didn't sail too far out into the see. Christopher Columbus went against all odds and proved the world wrong. What I'm saying is, don't be afraid to work hard and do the unthinkable. I am NEVER hungry because I eat all day. Foods that are low in calories but plentiful. You can do it friend! Don't be a stranger. Let me know how you are doing at anytime if you need a push. Work hard and eat healthy. How much weight have you lost so far?

If you want to see my transformation, it's on YouTube

www.youtube.com/ZoStrokesFitness
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started MFP on Aug. 8th 2012. As of today i hit 40 pounds lost. So I guess in about 4 and a half months:) I am excited. I joined LaFitness on Nov. 30th. I am seeing loss of inches! Feeling great! I have about 50 more I would like to lose! Good luck everyone! What great results you all are having.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I've lost 39 (so I'm SO CLOSE TO 40 I CAN TASTE IT!) and today was my 200th day on MFP. I did it all on MFP. May 29, 2012 to December 14, 2012.
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just hit the 40 mark just over a year in. There are pics on my profile I think you can see. :)
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have lost around seventy pounds over the last two and a half years. I still have about thirty pounds to go.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    took me about 4 months... pic on profile... started at 246, currently at 203...
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I started in May. I've lost 46 pounds so far.

This is the most recent picture. I take one every ten pounds, so I have a few weeks before the next one.

As you can see, I carry my weight in my butt. I have the standard pear shape.

20qdv7l.jpg

18i0xt.jpg
  • Pencilberry
    Pencilberry Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did before! and gained 30 back sadly :(

But it took me about three months to loose the first 20 then I took a break and maintained. Then it took about 6-7 months to lose the other 20. They last 20 came off painfully slow :( And then they crept back up after I stopped working out, wasn't even eating a lot of crap :((
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    48 lb down since April 2, 2012 for me, so 8 months. Start 199, current 151, goal 124. I am 5-feet short.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately about a year. Hoping the last 20-30 doesn't take as long T_T

65869_1614732966743_4483714_n_zpsbf50b40f.jpg

photo_zpsdd9ae3bb.jpg

photo3_zps82d5b01d.jpg
  • lostsouls65
    lostsouls65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    WEll done, great weight loss!
    60lbs since the end of Jan 2012... another 20 odd lbs to go... so should be at goal/maintenance by March 2013
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I just barely made it! I've lost 42lbs since July with thyroid problems.

BeforeAfter40lbs.jpg
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    575229_3576277164328_1686541462_n_zps0003d705.jpg

#lets hope the pic works lol#

95 lbs lost in 9 months

# maintained since March
  • so far 73 lbs in over a year. I started in oct 2011 with the intentions of losing weight. It wasnt until May 2012 that I actually started to do something and lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!