Any women that are 5'4" & starting weight at 200lbs?

Options

Replies

• acontos13
    acontos13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am looking to see success stories from women who are 5'4" with starting weight of 200-ish lbs. I would love to get some motivation!
    Please post SW, CW and GW.

I am 5'5" and started at 218lbs. Check out my post with pictures.....50lbs+ lost & I'm on a roll!!!! Would love to help keep you motivated and give advice and tips if wanted.
  • nanabevan
    nanabevan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 54. Starting weight was 215. Heaviest ever since I quit smoking 9 months ago. Current weight is 209.6 and I think my goal weight will be 160. See how I feel when I get there. This is a great site.
  • uhohitstaylor
    uhohitstaylor Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Height:5'4
    Starting Weight: 206.4
    Current Weight: 167.0

Started April 14th :)

Mainly doing weight watchers, and couch2 5k. (graduate!!) WOOOHOO!

Running my first 5k this Saturday!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4" and started at 215. At 172 now and aiming to get to 140 or so. I've never been skinny so it's hard to know exactly what my goal weight would be.

6614348343_dd89037fcd_z.jpg
  • chiedo_le_donne212
    chiedo_le_donne212 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'5
    Sw 220
    CW 192
    GW 120
    feel free to add me always looking for new friends.:happy:
  • Blondiegir1
    Blondiegir1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Starting Weight: 237+ (stopped weighing after that...)
    Current Weight: 191
    Goal Weight: 175 (for now)

I run at least 2-3/week for 60 minutes at a time (just started trail running too), I do spin classes at least 2/week. I do pilates and yoga when I can. My calorie limit is 1500. I have been on plateau after plateau since 2009. I just keep doing what I do. This past January I started MFP and have lost 24 pounds. This really works. I am keeping the elasticity in my skin and losing more inches than weight right now.

In my first half marathon in 2009, I ran a 3:15. In January I am doing the Tinkerbell Half Marathon and I want to run a 2:50. I want to be 175 by then giving me a 62 pound loss. I can do it!
  • primoreno
    primoreno Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 my starting weight in Jan. 2012 was 240.

Current weight - 178
    Goal weight - 140

I currently run/walk on the treadmill about 4 days a week for an hour and do Turbo Jam about 3 days out of the week. You can do this!
  • Loliceme
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my starting weight was 205 around the end of May 2012, I got down to 194 by the beginning of July 2012, but gained it all back by Mid August (strawberry cake Dx). So on August 13th 2012, I started again at 207. I was 200 on 18th of September 2012, and as of September 28th 2012, I am at 194! ^_^ MFP says I've lost 10 pounds, but I didn't document the weight I had gained back and then lost again. My goal weight is to be in the 130s or 120s. I'm pear-shaped, so I don't know how the 130s or 120s will look on me, but I do know that I want to be under 150, cause I was 150 just a few years ago and tried to lose weight then. But as of right now, I'm taking 1 month at a time and hoping to lose at least 10 pounds each month until April. (so I hope to be in the 180s by the end of this month and the 170s by the end of November and so on) I wish you luck!

SW: 207
    CW: 194
    GW: 130s or 120s by April-May 2013.
  • Vickiarceri
    Options
    I Started at 187, so not quite 200, but not far off either. I am now 180. I am trying to look at increasing my exercise as well as Diabetic Diets, as my sister in law has done well on tem by watching her carbs. She was diabetic and got it under control through diet, i have not been diagnosed with diabetes, but feel if I don't get some weight off, this will happen to me as well. I would like to feel healthier as well as have more energy.
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4/5'5. I am around 200. I recently just started taking my diet more seriously and lost between 9-15lbs. I know if I can do it you can. The key to losing weight is finding an workout/activity you enjoy and reducing the carbs(you probably heard this alot, but it works) . Its not going to be the easiest thing to do at first, but if you put your mind to it it is possible. Just make sure to start small with the changes so you can keep up with it.
  • lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'4

SW: 265.4
    CW: 195.1
    GW: 120

And it took me only a little less than 6 months to get this far! (I am also pear-shaped)

17362130.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    SW - 210
    CW - 162
    GW - 145 (Possibly lower but that's a healthy BMI number)

You can do it!

Don't focus on the scale only! I have been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for a couple of months now BUT I have went from size 18/20 jeans to a comfy fitting 10. Also size XL t shirts & sweatshirts to a M.
  • karenkay25
    karenkay25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started at 228 5'4" I'm now 218. I have started and stopped to many times to count, but this time I'm doing it. I do at least 20 minutes a day of fast paced exercise and try to keep moving most of the day.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. started at 275 and am currently 130. My advice is don't dwell on the past. When you slip up, forgive yourself for being human and take one step at a time. Good luck!
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 tall. I started in late January of this year @ 190lbs. I am currently 144lbs. My goal is to be 130lbs!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 197, current weight is 147 and goal weight is around 120
  • chelseaautumn
    chelseaautumn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here is my success story:
    I have been severely overweight my whole life. Seven years ago, my daughter (2yr then) asked to "skip breakfast and just have cake"... I was her example and she learned this from ME!
    This set me on a course to become a better example. My starting weight was 220lb and I am about 5'4"-5'-5".
    Over the next year I lost 60 lbs... running and watching what I ate. I stopped eating fast food and wouldn't bring sweets (my weakness) into the house. Over the following year, I lost another 15 lbs.This was by far the hardest. I had to run often and intentionally make my life very active. Instead of watching my daughter at the playground, I ran WITH her on the playground--whatever she climbed, I climbed. If she crossed the monkey bars, I crossed the monkey bars, etc. My lowest weight was been about 145lb.
    Since then, I have had 2 more babies and now pregnant with my fourth. Through the years, my weight has fluctuated.... my last child "helped" me gain 60lbs! Eek! But the key has been never giving up, never going back to my old habits. Did I slip back at times? YES! But I wouldn't let myself stay there. While my weight plateau-ed at 160lb for the first year after my last was born, I kept going. I found this website and it helped me lose the 10-15lbs I needed to lose before I got pregnant again. This pregnancy I am maintaining a good weight pattern. Only 3 lbs gained in 12 weeks! (I will probably keep tracking my weight here just to help keep a pace on my gain to make sure it is healthy and I am not gaining too fast due to eating).

There will be ups and downs in your weight--times of gain, times of losses. Just remember to NEVER GIVE UP! YOU ARE STRONG~~
  • ash_lauren2
    Options
    I'm 5'5

SW: 195
    CW: 131
    GW: 120
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I weighed 248 lbs on 2nd Feb this year, joined MFP about a week later at 240 lbs and now weigh 190 lbs. Not looking brilliant yet, but a lot better than I did. My tip - don't try to be Ms or Mr Perfect, just keep pegging on at eating healthily as best you can. It's a long, long game with a bit of luck!
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4"

SW: 200.0

CW: 171.6

GW: 125-135.....not sure. It will depend on how I look when I get there. I originally thought 125, but my sister-in-law recently lost a ton of weight and she stopped at 135 and looks fabulous! She is the same height as me, but we have different builds. I will reassess at 135.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!