30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 of L2 today. Easier in most parts than previous days. Reading through the posts, we all have different nemisis's !!! I seem to not have many problems with the arms and ab crunches. I asked my husband if he could watch me and check that I am doing it right because I mainly manage to do them without modifications........................BUT.....................

cardio and plank press ups, skip jumps and twist jumps!!!!! I barely do the modified versions of these and often have to give up and march it out. I don't appear to be improving in this area. I do have weak ankles and wonder if this is why.

As yet my weight has stayed level since starting 30 ds but

NSV today, x 2

Number 1 - my trousers kept falling down this afternoon LOL I only bought them a few months ago and I hadto stretch them to fasten up.
    Number 2 - I saw people who haven't seen me for a few months and they all, without exception, commented on how well I looked and some asked if I had lost a lot of weight. When I said only 7 lbs they were all amazed and said it looked like far more.

Whatever the pain, 30 ds is working :)
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Been doing it in the morning before work which is great cause it doesn't get in the way of my day. On day 2 of level 2 and have done 6 days on level 1. Didn't feel much of a step up from level 1 to 2 except I'm more sweaty and out of breath on the cardio. I'm quite fit anyway and am strong from climbing. The abs don't bother me but really hate those squat thrusts!

So far I have lost just over 4 pounds but I have been eating less than 1200 calories most days and have been on long hill walks three times and climbing a few times. I think I may have put on muscle weight as I feel a lot leaner than when I usually weigh this amount. I may have lost more as I didn't weigh myself at my height because I didn't want to think about it. Today was the first time I have weighed myself in three weeks because I get obsessed so it's best not to.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Today will be D2L2 for me. I am so happy for a change in routine. It was hard but I got through it. That last circuit was a killer. My arms/shoulders were on FIRE. I am looking forward to it again today. I'm turning into such an endorphin junkie LOL

That's exactly what I said!

Day 3 of Level 2 this morning, I can't do the floor work without modifications but I did them all the way through without stopping so there is an obvious improvement.

The squat raising arms is an absolute killer, the first round is a challange but by the second round I barely have the strength to scratch my own nose so I do every other raise and then the last 5, getting better.

I haven't lost any weight but i'm so defined, my brother who's built like Arnie is very. very impressed but thinks I look too thin,
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 of level 1 today. Doing last day of level 1 tomorrow and then it's on to level 2. I weighed again this morning, but no difference in weight. I have also measured myself, but there's no difference either. I don't know if I'm only imagining it, but I do look a little more defined. Is it possible to build muscle and get more definition and not lose any inches or weight? Good grief, I better start seeing results soon, otherwise I won't stay motivated!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Did day 9 of level 1 today. Doing last day of level 1 tomorrow and then it's on to level 2. I weighed again this morning, but no difference in weight. I have also measured myself, but there's no difference either. I don't know if I'm only imagining it, but I do look a little more defined. Is it possible to build muscle and get more definition and not lose any inches or weight? Good grief, I better start seeing results soon, otherwise I won't stay motivated!

I was the same as you but then halfway through level 2 the difference in measurements started to show. Focus on how you feel and don't worry about the tape measure or scales. If you're working as hard as you can and watching what you eat then it is only doing good.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Today should be day 3 of level 2 but I think I'll have a rest day as I don't even have the energy to get up the stairs! Not had a day off since day 1 level 2 so I think I deserve one now! 1 week to go and its all over! Fingers crossed for 2 inches total loss off my waist!
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Thanks Lizz2013, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Funny how a number on a scale can make or break your day!! I think I am wayyy to focussed on weight and measurements.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Thanks Lizz2013, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Funny how a number on a scale can make or break your day!! I think I am wayyy to focussed on weight and measurements.

I'm the same. If I don't get the result I want or expect it completely throws me and I usually end up bingeing! I'm just going to tell myself that there'll be no change when it comes to measurement day, so that way I won't be disappointed!
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    had to take break from shred tonight! did 20 minutes of cardio. this week has kicked my butt! back to it tomorrow!
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Finished day 10 of level 1 today!! Going to be brave and do day 1 of level 2 tomorrow.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Finished day 10 of level 1 today!! Going to be brave and do day 1 of level 2 tomorrow.

Good luck :) let us know how you find it
  • lizz2013
    Options
    level 3 is exhausting! followed it with just 10 minutes of rowing and I think my shoulders are going to fall off! Going to be so proud of myself when this is finished!
  • Kidostud
    Options
    OMW!! I must be crazy doing this to myself! I almost died this morning doing day 1 of level 2! Had to take several breaks to get my breath back and mostly had to do the modified versions. Does this get easier as you go on?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    OMW!! I must be crazy doing this to myself! I almost died this morning doing day 1 of level 2! Had to take several breaks to get my breath back and mostly had to do the modified versions. Does this get easier as you go on?

Don't worry it really does. After day 5 you'll be wondering why you ever struggled :)
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Did day 2 of level 2 today. Was slightly easier than yesterday now that I know the moves... Had to use lighter weights for that last circuit - my arms are hurting from yesterday. I'm not as stiff and sore as I was after day 1 of level 1, but I can feel I've been working out. I'm definitely getting stronger.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    4 more days of level 3 to go!! I followed it with 20 mins rowing today and now I'm beat!! Getting sick of the music though!
  • MoonSapphire
    MoonSapphire Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Today is my 4th day of level 2, I can do all of it but my achilles tendon hurts. its a little better since I dont work out on the weekends.
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hope you all are loving this program. I have already completed it. But I still have some untouched Jillian DVD's to tackle.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm set to start Level 3 today.

I had to modify the plank jacks and plank thrusts and man oh man did my arms BURN!! BUT, overall in Level 2 I lost 7 inches!!

I love that it is only 20 minutes, makes it much easier to commit to.

What is everyone doing after 30DS? I'm going to either dust off my Slim in 6 series (probably skip the "Start it Up" DVD and go straight to Ramp it Up, and probably throw in the extra ab workout 3x a week) or I may give Jillian's Ripped in 30 a try.
  • HuggyTheDinosaur
    Options
    Great big thank you to the person who suggested 2 days on, one day off! That has made a HUGE difference for me.