30 Day Shred December (Challenge?)

Options

Replies

• sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    @HuggytheDinos- i'm so glad! i have started doing it that way too, (2 days on, 1 day off with cardio) because i felt i really needed to increase my cardio anyway, and i hate level 2 with a passion, so i need to know a break is coming:) i haven't had any real results yet, except that i feel stronger but I don't think that's a reflection of the workout or doing it with the 2 days on/ 1 day off method...... its because my diet has been a disaster! so that's my goal for this week. clean up the diet and keep working out!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm set to start Level 3 today.

I had to modify the plank jacks and plank thrusts and man oh man did my arms BURN!! BUT, overall in Level 2 I lost 7 inches!!

I love that it is only 20 minutes, makes it much easier to commit to.

What is everyone doing after 30DS? I'm going to either dust off my Slim in 6 series (probably skip the "Start it Up" DVD and go straight to Ramp it Up, and probably throw in the extra ab workout 3x a week) or I may give Jillian's Ripped in 30 a try.

I might do Ripped in 30 ! Hopefully it is on YT like 30day shred
  • gm678560
    gm678560 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred today... I was doing all right until those last bicycle crunches. They KILLED me!! I am excited to do it again tomorrow though.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    It's addictive isn't it?

I'm on Day 5 (I think) of Level 2, today was the first time I managed to do it all without stopping though I still have to do the modifed versions of the plank jacks and plank thrusts. Amazing how quickly your body can become stronger.

My heart was beating right out of my body, seriously out of breath, my recovery was quick though.
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    3 days left to go and I'm so glad. Getting a bit fed up of it now. It still kicks my *kitten* and since cutting my calories I feel it is working even more! Looking forward to going jogging and cycling over christmas, with yoga meltdown. And then ripped in 30 once the house is a bit calmer. I love Jillian Michaels though. Finally something that works!!!
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options

What is everyone doing after 30DS? I'm going to either dust off my Slim in 6 series (probably skip the "Start it Up" DVD and go straight to Ramp it Up, and probably throw in the extra ab workout 3x a week) or I may give Jillian's Ripped in 30 a try.

I'm pretty sure I am going to be doing C25K. I'm super excited about that
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 of level 2 today. I feel a bit stronger, can keep up with most of the circuits, but still do some of the modified versions. My heart is really pumping, and I can definitely feel it's working. I think I should also do the 2 day on, 1 day off way, because sometimes I can feel my muscles are very tired. I love it though!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do after 30 DS, I have 3 more of her DVD's, so will probably vary between them.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Getting really fed up of it now. Exhausted and only just made it through it today. But, proud that I did. Just one more day to go and then I'll upload before and after pics!!
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Lizz, I'm so jealous!! I did day 5, level 2 today and it is getting easier, but I still sweat like a pig and it really kicks my butt! 15 days to the end! I thought of taking a day off, but then it takes longer to get through the levels...
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Lizz, I'm so jealous!! I did day 5, level 2 today and it is getting easier, but I still sweat like a pig and it really kicks my butt! 15 days to the end! I thought of taking a day off, but then it takes longer to get through the levels...

I've taken 5 days off in total, so it'll only be 25 day shred for me, but I feel satisfied with that and need something new now. You might prefer level 3 to be honest. I found it much better (not easier as such, but more enjoyable) and the time went faster for me.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 30 Day Shred.

How do I log the exercise? I can't find it in the database.... What do you enter it as?
  • Kidostud
    Options

I've taken 5 days off in total, so it'll only be 25 day shred for me, but I feel satisfied with that and need something new now. You might prefer level 3 to be honest. I found it much better (not easier as such, but more enjoyable) and the time went faster for me.

Today I'm taking the day off! I can feel my body begging me to take a day off. I had 15 straight days of 30DS and I think I deserve a break...
  • Kidostud
    Options

How do I log the exercise? I can't find it in the database.... What do you enter it as?

I'm logging it as "aerobics", but I don't eat back my calories though.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2 of level 2 today! Not as sore as when I started level 1, but like everyone else heart pumping, puffing and sweating like mad (it is summer here)

Love that it is just 20 minutes
  • sconns21
    sconns21 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 2 today after 6 days at level 1. I don't feel too bad but those squat/plank thrusts always get me.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to the end of level 3. I'll get bored if I continue it. It's a nice easy 25 mins when I get up before work. I'll have to find something else. I'd like to cycle before work but when it's horrible outside it's not great plus it takes longer. :(

I was thinking about getting a HRM to more accurately track my calories. The half decent ones are all so expensive. I'd rather have a chest strap that I can link to my android phone.
  • lizz2013
    Options

I'm logging it as "aerobics", but I don't eat back my calories though.

According to Jillian Michaels website it burns 400 calories. But I log it as circuit training and then change the cals to 400.
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Did day 6 of level 2 today. Looking forward to some change in routine...
  • sb1023
    sb1023 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i did day six of level 2 as well....and its still killing me! but its done:)
  • Kidostud
    Options
    Day 7 of level 2. Only 3 days left then some change!! Can't wait!
  • lizz2013
    Options
    The only way I can work out to share photos is by adding this link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91447692@N06/8298963795/

Just copy and paste!

So, FINALLY finished 30 day shred :) I did 25 out of the 30 days as my body just needed a rest at times. I only started calorie counting after 15 days and I really wish I'd started at the beginning as that is when I noticed results!
    Here are my measurements:

Weight - lost 4.7lbs
    Bust - lost 1.5 inches
    Waist - lost 2 inches
    Hips - lost 1.5 inches
    Bum - lost 1.5 inches
    Thighs - lost 0.5 inches
    Calf - lost 0.5 inches
    Bicep - lost 0.5 inches

Total 8 inches lost!